Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Evening with the New Level 70 Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
Before I start, I want to reiterate that I think the new level 70 henchmen are too expensive for many kids who play this game. This post isn't about the cost, however--I wanted to weigh in on their quality.

I don't use them often, but last night I was soloing the Labyrinth for the ump-teenth time, and was frankly bored. My Life could have handled it alone, but she wanted something new, something to take the sting out of the Dean's betrayal and the lonely, interminable battles...hence my decision to do a New Henchman Test. Here are the ones I tried: the Level 70 Life (to see if he was fixed yet), Storm, Death, Myth, and Fire. Level 70 was pretty much overkill in DS, but I was looking for entertainment as well as help...and these henchmen are a lot more fun to watch than the old guys.

They are, as KI said, a lot better. They cast Rank 9 spells. The Myth uses Pierce and Shatter. They don't wand your Feints, so you can use the spell whenever you want to boost one of their attacks. They are cute--I love the animals, and don't miss the sad-looking wizards we used to have. They don't blade up as often as they should, though--but if you can help them out, they are pretty powerful.

Life has been fixed, at least in part. He used Forest Lord and Gnomes. He healed me right off the bat. He didn't heal as much as Rose used to, but he didn't heal himself obsessively either. He cast Guiding Light a bit too often. I probably wouldn't hire him if I were about to die, because he's not a Healing Machine as Rose was, but he was much better than before. They obviously tinkered with him.

I didn't try Ice or Balance--but the ones I used were pretty good. As to whether they are worth 400 crowns--that's another question. The fact that you can't use them in a cheating dungeon--the only time I would really want/need to hire one--lessens their value considerably. But they are entertaining, and pretty helpful in a normal battle. I will try the level 60's next time I'm looking for some soloing entertainment, and report back on them.

Hope this information is useful.

Tabitha

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Definitely helpful, thank you for this contribution. I loved reading it.

I never ever used henchmen for anything. Ever. My motto is, if a game pretty much *forces* you to hire henchmen to survive, it is not worth playing.

So far the game never forced me to, which is a plus for KI, because otherwise I would not even play.

Now, that I hear about the 400 crown cost, you kidding me, KI? I know you guys want money and more money and more money. But robbing people of 400 crowns for one single battle, and not even during cheating boss battles?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
I used level 60 Ice henchmen in a cheating dungeon and when I needed them to cast spells they taunted instead. They did that often. I didn't get much in the way of help from them. Very disappointing.