Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amulet of Divine Influence: New Hades Drop Rates

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2015
A Final count on amulet drops from Tartarus, including Amulet of Divine Influence, across my 3 accounts: Post update mass farming.

I'll include Hades gear drops for comparison. It's total count on gear though and the crowns only went back three months so I'm gonna make a guess of about 1/3 of the Hades gear drop numbers don't apply to the new amulet drop rates. For the raw data, the first number is total number of drops in that run, the second just shows that one of those drops was from the fight itself. So it shows the crowns chest drops numbers too.

Balance account:
Total drops raw: 9-1, 8-1, 8-1, 8-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 5-1, 7-1, 6-1, 5-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1, 6-1, 3-1, 5-1, 3-1, 3-1, 3-1, 2-1, 2-1
Total drops: 136
Total runs: 24 (+5 no chest)
13 Hats
19 Robes
10 Boots
34 Wands
14 Amulets (5 Divine, 2 fire, 1 ice, 1 storm, 1 myth, 1 life, 1 death)

Death, Fire, Storm account:
Total drops raw: 9-1, 8-1, 9-1, 10-1, 9-1, 8-1, 8-1, 8-1, 7-1, 6-1, 9-1, 7-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1, 5-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1, 8-1, 5-1, 3-1, 3-1, 3-1, 2-1, 2-1
Total drops: 165
Total runs: 26 (+3 no chest)
16 Hats
27 Robes
28 Shoes
47 Wands
8 Amulets (2 Divine (one on fire, one on death), 2 life, 2 death, 1 ice, 1 myth)

Myth, Life, Ice account:
Total Drops raw: 9-1, 8-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 6-1, 7-1, 9-1, 7-1, 5-1, 5-1, 6-1, 5-1, 3-1, 7-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 8-1, 3-1, 2-1
Total drops: 204
Total runs: 29
25 Hats
19 Robes
27 Shoes
44 Wands
12 Amulets (1 Divine (on ice), 3 myth, 2 balance, 2 ice, 2 storm, 1 fire, 1 death)

All amulets but about 3 were after the update, including 1 divine

Final Stats:
Total Hades gear drops minus wands because they're clearly a higher drop rate of all other gear
(estimation for post update, so 2/3): 184x.67 = 123
Total Amulet drops (minus about 3 I had before): 34-3 = 31
Total Divine drops (minus the 1 I had before): 8-1 = 7

Amulet to Hades gear drop ratio estimate: 1 to 4 (25%)
Chance of amulet being Divine: a little better than 1 to 5 (22% to 23%)
Divine to Hades gear drop ratio estimate: 1 to 20 (5.7%)
Divine to any drop ratio estimate: 1 to 70 (1.4%)

Other rough drop numbers:
35% chance of Hades gear drop
9% chance of Amulet drop

Conclusions (based on these numbers):
The chance of Divine dropping when fighting Hades or using the chest (it did drop in battle once, but then also dropped in the chest) has either doubled from 0.6% to 1.2%, or has been increase by a percent to 1.6% - somewhere in that range.

The chance of any amulet dropping has about doubled as well since the update.

You can expect about one Divine to drop for every 20 pieces of Hades gear, which is about a 1/3 chance.

Divine has about a 1/4 chance of being your amulet if you get an amulet drop. Not quite the same as others speculated which was that it was just a flat 1/8 chance in a pool of 8 total amulets.

Also, wands drop 25% of the time.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
This post is amazing. Thank you for putting your time into this to share a helpful post with everyone.

Defender
May 02, 2015
frostednutella on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
This post is amazing. Thank you for putting your time into this to share a helpful post with everyone.
You're very welcome. It's nice to be appreciated. I've posted a lot of walls of text with needed information/context. It's a thankless chore most of the time. But thanks :)

Defender
May 02, 2015
I'm also glad this is appreciated because I spent way too many crowns doing this as you can see XD

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
I love people who post stuff like this!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
luckguy93 on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
A Final count on amulet drops from Tartarus, including Amulet of Divine Influence, across my 3 accounts: Post update mass farming.

I'll include Hades gear drops for comparison. It's total count on gear though and the crowns only went back three months so I'm gonna make a guess of about 1/3 of the Hades gear drop numbers don't apply to the new amulet drop rates. For the raw data, the first number is total number of drops in that run, the second just shows that one of those drops was from the fight itself. So it shows the crowns chest drops numbers too.

Balance account:
Total drops raw: 9-1, 8-1, 8-1, 8-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 5-1, 7-1, 6-1, 5-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1, 6-1, 3-1, 5-1, 3-1, 3-1, 3-1, 2-1, 2-1
Total drops: 136
Total runs: 24 (+5 no chest)
13 Hats
19 Robes
10 Boots
34 Wands
14 Amulets (5 Divine, 2 fire, 1 ice, 1 storm, 1 myth, 1 life, 1 death)

Death, Fire, Storm account:
Total drops raw: 9-1, 8-1, 9-1, 10-1, 9-1, 8-1, 8-1, 8-1, 7-1, 6-1, 9-1, 7-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1, 5-1, 5-1, 6-1, 7-1, 8-1, 5-1, 3-1, 3-1, 3-1, 2-1, 2-1
Total drops: 165
Total runs: 26 (+3 no chest)
16 Hats
27 Robes
28 Shoes
47 Wands
8 Amulets (2 Divine (one on fire, one on death), 2 life, 2 death, 1 ice, 1 myth)

Myth, Life, Ice account:
Total Drops raw: 9-1, 8-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 7-1, 6-1, 7-1, 9-1, 7-1, 5-1, 5-1, 6-1, 5-1, 3-1, 7-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 8-1, 3-1, 2-1
Total drops: 204
Total runs: 29
25 Hats
19 Robes
27 Shoes
44 Wands
12 Amulets (1 Divine (on ice), 3 myth, 2 balance, 2 ice, 2 storm, 1 fire, 1 death)

All amulets but about 3 were after the update, including 1 divine

Final Stats:
Total Hades gear drops minus wands because they're clearly a higher drop rate of all other gear
(estimation for post update, so 2/3): 184x.67 = 123
Total Amulet drops (minus about 3 I had before): 34-3 = 31
Total Divine drops (minus the 1 I had before): 8-1 = 7

Amulet to Hades gear drop ratio estimate: 1 to 4 (25%)
Chance of amulet being Divine: a little better than 1 to 5 (22% to 23%)
Divine to Hades gear drop ratio estimate: 1 to 20 (5.7%)
Divine to any drop ratio estimate: 1 to 70 (1.4%)

Other rough drop numbers:
35% chance of Hades gear drop
9% chance of Amulet drop

Conclusions (based on these numbers):
The chance of Divine dropping when fighting Hades or using the chest (it did drop in battle once, but then also dropped in the chest) has either doubled from 0.6% to 1.2%, or has been increase by a percent to 1.6% - somewhere in that range.

The chance of any amulet dropping has about doubled as well since the update.

You can expect about one Divine to drop for every 20 pieces of Hades gear, which is about a 1/3 chance.

Divine has about a 1/4 chance of being your amulet if you get an amulet drop. Not quite the same as others speculated which was that it was just a flat 1/8 chance in a pool of 8 total amulets.

Also, wands drop 25% of the time.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Greatly Appreciated Bro! :D

Keep Up The Great Work!

Defender
May 02, 2015
Duncan SpiritWard on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
I love people who post stuff like this!
I approve of your approval. lol :D

Defender
May 02, 2015
Star Edward on Nov 30, 2016 wrote:
Greatly Appreciated Bro! :D

Keep Up The Great Work!

Welcome!

Also, I just realized:

When you look at the raw data, you can see a pretty big disparity in Divine drops across accounts, while the amulet ratio stays about the same.

I'd say that's the luck factor at play. My balance clearly got way more, but I was trying to draw overall conclusions from an average, not one account or the other. But it's pretty clear that, in terms of getting Divine itself, balance was super lucky - even got a Divine from the fight and then another with two chest chances right after said fight. And the Ice/Myth/Life account had the hardest time (1 for about 70 pieces of hades gear). And then the third account falls closer to the mid line at twice as often.

So perhaps a more accurate estimation (to mitigate expectations) might be more like for every 25 or 30 drops of hades gear. But then again, it might just be luck at play because the ratio of amulets in general dropping is still pretty close to my conclusions (if you take out maybe 3 or 4 Divines from the balance account as pure luck).

Then again, this is why I suppose I left this analysis out. The raw data can let others draw their own/extra conclusions as well. Well, that and I ran out of room to type :P

Defender
May 02, 2015
Random update: Random person in pet pavilion had the amulet. Said it took him two tries and that it was recent. Rip. More evidence of increased drop rate.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I don't understand why you think the increase in drop rate (if indeed there has been one - the data you've displayed is not nearly enough to draw that conclusion given that there are hundreds of thousands of active players) is a bad thing.

Defender
May 02, 2015
PaigeGoldenspear on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
I don't understand why you think the increase in drop rate (if indeed there has been one - the data you've displayed is not nearly enough to draw that conclusion given that there are hundreds of thousands of active players) is a bad thing.
Did you infer this because I said "Rip?" Lol. That was just from finding someone who spent two runs getting the thing. Even if the drop rate is up, you're looking at a good at least 25 runs with decent luck to hope for one to drop.

Overall, I just think the RNG system is bad. I'd really love to see a popular game some to rise that incorporates some kind of reward system too. So that this isn't as big of an issue. You could still have people get something as rare as Divine in two tries, but you wouldn't be insulting those who have done hundreds of runs with no Amulet to show for it.

I posted a solution before that benefited both the players and KI, but it got archived/deleted. I guess they don't like good ideas/feedback.

Defender
May 02, 2015
PaigeGoldenspear on Jan 7, 2017 wrote:
And the data that I posted is about as good as it gets until more players post this kind of data in more numbers. Unless KI gave the actual numbers. But we all know that's not going to happen.

So for you to suggest that this still isn't enough? I mean... then this post isn't for you. I would consider this data a significant bridge between all drop numbers everywhere ever since the beginning of time and a sea of anecdotal experiences, true or otherwise.

So if you don't find this information helpful, or think it holds zero merit, then idk what to say to you.

Would you rather have scattered messages of how many runs it took for others to get Divine? Would you rather have nothing?

The raw data is meant to give others about as much objective information and/or hope in whatever it is they are looking for. The data shows drops that include a plethora of drops, including Divine, across three different accounts that vary in luck.

The data here might not be enough to be the textbook case of what a true sample size is, but I challenge you to find numbers more representative of closer to reality.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
luckguy93 on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
And the data that I posted is about as good as it gets until more players post this kind of data in more numbers. Unless KI gave the actual numbers. But we all know that's not going to happen.

So for you to suggest that this still isn't enough? I mean... then this post isn't for you. I would consider this data a significant bridge between all drop numbers everywhere ever since the beginning of time and a sea of anecdotal experiences, true or otherwise.

So if you don't find this information helpful, or think it holds zero merit, then idk what to say to you.

Would you rather have scattered messages of how many runs it took for others to get Divine? Would you rather have nothing?

The raw data is meant to give others about as much objective information and/or hope in whatever it is they are looking for. The data shows drops that include a plethora of drops, including Divine, across three different accounts that vary in luck.

The data here might not be enough to be the textbook case of what a true sample size is, but I challenge you to find numbers more representative of closer to reality.
I'm not sure you understand statistics.

Your data, while you compiled it meticulously, is nowhere near enough to make any conclusions about drop rates. You show data for three accounts.Three. Since KI doesn't discuss or release drop rates, or even numbers of active accounts, we can't even know how many accounts we'd need to collect data from to draw valid conclusions. It's definitely more than three if they're profitable enough to make monthly payroll, however. Assuming 100,000 accounts, you'd need data for a couple hundred accounts to draw conclusions with meaningful confidence and a reasonable margin of error.

Three accounts is not a bridge, nor is it representative. You can't extrapolate data to an entire population if your sample size is that small. True, there is no published representative data re: drop rates. But three accounts is statistically not significant enough to draw any conclusions with confidence.

Yes, I'd rather have no reports than one that could mislead our younger players into believing something we've come nowhere near verifying.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2013
Thanks for this i am a person who that researches drops and stuff and once i am down with dragon spyre and get to tardarus i am going to do this

Adam

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
If it's really doubled as you say it has, then I'm eager to actually farm for it. It was actually one of the drops that I want the most yet have failed to obtain it thus far. Thanks for the insight! :)