Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amount of damage from a spell

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I don't understand something. I have seen other posts about "not being able to see the amount of damage from a spell" when it is cast. And I don't remember seeing a reply or a fix on it.

It seems to be when the other guys are really tall, like the Sand Stalkers (or something like that) in the Palace of Fire, or the tree guys in Mooshu. Now I have the same problem in Celestia. It started right away in Celestia, and I just finished fighting the Jungletooth (big trees). I have no idea how much damage I can do to them.

Since I now have gear that gives "critical" rating, I would sure like to know how much damage I am doing.

Sometimes I feel like I am playing blindfolded. I don't know if I need a trap or a blade, or do I need a four pip spell or a six pip spell. Because I really don't know how much damage I am doing when I cast a spell.

If I am playing solo, I can calculate the damage by looking at the remaining health on the other guys at each round. But that's impossible when there is more than one player. And so far, I'm having a hard time going solo, so I do like to find other players.

So, what am I missing? Why is it so difficult to fix this problem so that the amount of damage is either shown "lower" on the screen, or the camera angle is adjusted so we can see above the "tall" guys?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
The damage was programmed to show up like "50 pixels" above enemy head. It would be a lot simpler to make it show damage coming from a certain x/y coordinate. But, I don't know much about programming at all.