Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber is a struggle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
17
Amber is much too difficult to obtain. Gladiator use to have a decent chance but i recently went like 20 runs and didn't get any. Please increase our chances, yes rare items are fine. But 20 runs for one single piece is too rare xD


Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2106
I'm so sorry to hear you've had such bad luck on amber drops :(

Have you tried growing King Parsley or Ultra King Parsley? They drop it a lot. It's not a quick solution, but for future it could be worth starting it now if you can. King Parsley also drop extra seeds so even if you only have 1 you can quickly get yourself a nice plot of them :)

If you're needing it quick you're probably best to keep going with Gladiator. You could try Cronus and see if he's more generous if you are high enough level. I wish I could just give you some but sadly it is no auction.

Keep going and you'll get them. I hope you have better luck on drops next time you try :)

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
968
I feel your pain.

IMHO the only reagents tougher to get than Amber are the reagents in the Transmute Amber recipe.

And lately my King Parsley has been giving me everything EXCEPT Amber.

Steven Ghoststalker
90

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
Area51Alien on Feb 20, 2018 wrote:
I feel your pain.

IMHO the only reagents tougher to get than Amber are the reagents in the Transmute Amber recipe.

And lately my King Parsley has been giving me everything EXCEPT Amber.

Steven Ghoststalker
90
Try Queen Crape Myrtle, it also drops amber. Many bosses in Polaris drop QCM and amber.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
50
I farmed gladiator about 20 times recently and got around 12 amber... maybe you had bad luck with it. More things should drop merles whisker for the transmute cause I have tons of amber dust and no whiskers

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
968
anecorbie on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
Try Queen Crape Myrtle, it also drops amber. Many bosses in Polaris drop QCM and amber.
I tried one casting Fairy on the plant every other day. I Don't have the level 7 pest removal spell as yet. Made it until it was just shy of elder and missed the timing for the reapplication of Fairy by minutes.

Sure enough, Fire Ants. I wept as I plowed her under.

I cannot wait until I get that level 7 pest removal spell.

Steven Ghoststalker
90

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
857
Area51Alien on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
I tried one casting Fairy on the plant every other day. I Don't have the level 7 pest removal spell as yet. Made it until it was just shy of elder and missed the timing for the reapplication of Fairy by minutes.

Sure enough, Fire Ants. I wept as I plowed her under.

I cannot wait until I get that level 7 pest removal spell.

Steven Ghoststalker
90
It's expensive and rare but you can buy Ant Lion in the Bazaar.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1842
Area51Alien on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
I tried one casting Fairy on the plant every other day. I Don't have the level 7 pest removal spell as yet. Made it until it was just shy of elder and missed the timing for the reapplication of Fairy by minutes.

Sure enough, Fire Ants. I wept as I plowed her under.

I cannot wait until I get that level 7 pest removal spell.

Steven Ghoststalker
90
Steven, the Fairy spell will get rid of the Fire Ants. All you had to do was cast the Summon Fairy spell on your queen myrtle and the ants would have been vanquished for another couple of days.

The Fairy removes every kind of pest and then keeps them all away for 48 hours.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
50
Farm Cronus in tartarus. Easiest way. Is what I did

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2106
Area51Alien on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
I tried one casting Fairy on the plant every other day. I Don't have the level 7 pest removal spell as yet. Made it until it was just shy of elder and missed the timing for the reapplication of Fairy by minutes.

Sure enough, Fire Ants. I wept as I plowed her under.

I cannot wait until I get that level 7 pest removal spell.

Steven Ghoststalker
90
As other people have said, the gardening pixie removes pests as well as keeping them away.

Plants also rarely wilt just from pests, they seem to prevent harvesting rather than causing wilting. If that happens again and you're close to elder you could try waiting and seeing if it goes elder anyway.

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
968
Freshta on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
Steven, the Fairy spell will get rid of the Fire Ants. All you had to do was cast the Summon Fairy spell on your queen myrtle and the ants would have been vanquished for another couple of days.

The Fairy removes every kind of pest and then keeps them all away for 48 hours.

Alia Misthaven
Now that I did NOT know. I was working under the false assumption that Fairy preventative only.

@Anercobie Thank you for the tip.
@Victoria Thank you as well

Steven Ghoststalker
90