Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

alpha and omega ring exalted upgrade?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
at level 100 what do you replace the alpha and omega ring with? I looked at Malistaire's rings and they don't really seem better to me.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Morganthe's level 99 ring and athame are popular choices. I've seen quite a few wizards wearing rings dropped by Aphrodite, some from the exalted one-shot dungeons, and some from end of Polaris.

There's a bit of stat trade-off involved in upgrading, so what people choose often depends on what drops for them, plus what their battle style is.

In Alia's case, the Loop of the Umbra Legion (level 99) ring does boost her health, healing and pips a little, but at the cost of damage and critical block. She's still using the A&O ring when soloing, because the trade-off isn't worth it when she's alone. When questing with others and playing a support role, however, that's when she switches rings.

She is currently using her level 99 athame, Athame of the Chosen One, and never switches that. So far, nothing better than that has dropped for her.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
There isn't really another ring that gives the same power pip, block, and damage boosts as the Alpha and the Omega let alone better. You will have to trade out some of the stats. A lot of people go for the critical rings like Baba Yaga and Omen Striborg drop but they give half the damage of the alpha and the omega. The new key boss in Aggrobah, the Verboten Mimic, drops rings that give equal or more damage depending on what school you are. If you are a support school, I'd use A&O or maybe, as Alia suggested, Morganthe's ring. If you are a hitting school, you can obviously still stick with A&O or go for a more offensive with the new Mimic ring.

Hope that helps.

Moira Stormheart