Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Almost a year now

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
I have one Grandmaster and that's pretty much all. My other characters are level 14 or less.
So I'm only level 50 and I've been playing this game for almost a year. Is that weird?
People on the forums say, "Oh, yeah, I completed that world in seven hours." How do you complete a whole world in seven hours
Let me just say I do all the side-quests and although I play almost every day, I really take my time in doing stuff.
Should I try to speed up the process of leveling up and be awesome really quick or just sit back and enjoy the game?
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I have one Grandmaster and that's pretty much all. My other characters are level 14 or less.
So I'm only level 50 and I've been playing this game for almost a year. Is that weird?
People on the forums say, "Oh, yeah, I completed that world in seven hours." How do you complete a whole world in seven hours
Let me just say I do all the side-quests and although I play almost every day, I really take my time in doing stuff.
Should I try to speed up the process of leveling up and be awesome really quick or just sit back and enjoy the game?
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster
You don't complete any world in 7 hours except possible Wizard City. You are doing things exactly right... enjoying the game (not speeding through to 'beat' someone's level or something as ridiculous) and doing your side quests. You will have a much easier time in higher worlds and levels by doing all this.

Ignore the jealous and liars... just have fun! Isn't that the point of a game?

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
RavenLady777 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
You don't complete any world in 7 hours except possible Wizard City. You are doing things exactly right... enjoying the game (not speeding through to 'beat' someone's level or something as ridiculous) and doing your side quests. You will have a much easier time in higher worlds and levels by doing all this.

Ignore the jealous and liars... just have fun! Isn't that the point of a game?
Okay thanks. I'll just take it easy and have fun.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
4
I am also level 50 and have had him for almost four years
so I don't see anything wrong in taking that long.

Blaine SwiftHunter (50)

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
151
This is a game. The point of a game is to have fun. If you are having fun playing then by definition you are doing it right. If you feel pressured to grind out levels faster than the next guy, you are in danger of turning W101 into monotonous job, not fun. That would be playing it wrong.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I have one Grandmaster and that's pretty much all. My other characters are level 14 or less.
So I'm only level 50 and I've been playing this game for almost a year. Is that weird?
People on the forums say, "Oh, yeah, I completed that world in seven hours." How do you complete a whole world in seven hours
Let me just say I do all the side-quests and although I play almost every day, I really take my time in doing stuff.
Should I try to speed up the process of leveling up and be awesome really quick or just sit back and enjoy the game?
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster
I took 2 years to get to the end of Zafaria with my first wizard. Back then I didn't consider making another wizard, I think the game was taken a lot less seriously. I was a solo player from the beginning but had a lot of friends I helped. I was a very aggressive player even though my quiz matched me with Life, around mid Mooshu I started to build a very capable wizard which has stood the test of time. I liked completing my quest my self. As my friends dropped off around DS I continued. When I hit Celestia it was a brick wall so slowed things down even more, the gear then was a lot less then now with Wintertusk out, none of the friends list were regularly playing any more. I had waited 2 weeks of hanging around MarleyBone Warehouse to complete it with a group equipped enough to. By the time I was to take my next wizard though that would not be required.

Accept for optional dungeons which I did do with my original wizard I take all quests and sides a long my travels and take in all the game has to offer. I figure the end of the game will be there when I get there, which for me is now end of Avalon as game play steps up a bit to much for me from there on. I have also learned I can pick and choose what I want to get out of the game to still enjoy it.

Mary

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
This is a game. The point of a game is to have fun. If you are having fun playing then by definition you are doing it right. If you feel pressured to grind out levels faster than the next guy, you are in danger of turning W101 into monotonous job, not fun. That would be playing it wrong.
Very well put and you are right.

Mary

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
A friend and I beat MarleyBone and Krokotopia in five hours.
He is a level one hundred with my lower level, and we did no sides.
So it is possible.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
67
It doesn't matter how quick you can beat the game, only how much fun you can have out of it! If you wanted to make a record to beat the game then thats different, i can probably do it in 2 month with all sides and what not, although i am not done with last world yet so i can't fully say it will be 2 months since i am still newbie. I just started this game about a month ago and did almost just that, lvl87 Death Wiz solo most of the way and farmed 11/12 lore skill, lvl10 gardener, lvl7 fisherman, bout to go last world, and Grandmaster crafter. Not bragging, just trying to say how much you can achieve in little amount of time and from another's progress, i play about 7hrs a day.

Enjoy the game's little things and make your time worth it by having fun! Good luck on your journey :)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
There are people capable of making it from Level 1 to Level 100 in a week. Not kidding. A week.

I personally do a gut check before comparing myself to those people. How much of a game is that? How much fun would you actually be having, always racing everywhere? "Many pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it."

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
24
I am level 51 and i have been playing for maybe 5 or 6 months. I think i am going at a good pace, that lets me enjoy the game, i don;t rush. But anyways, don't rush and try to beat everyone else, go at your pace and do what makes you feel better. Don't rush, unless you want to XD but the point of the game is to enjoy it and have fun.