Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All the way from Pirate101...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
2
Hello all! I have been posting on the Pirate101 message boards for a while now, (about 2 years), and some of you may recognize my posts from my boards name over there, "Elemutation". I have recently renewed my Wizard101 subscription, which I have not had since about 2010, and after about 2 months of playing, I decided that it's worth the time to invest in 2 message boards, so here I am! From those of you who have read my posts on the Pirate boards, you may know that I tend to ramble, and go a bit too in depth than needed at times. In game on Wizard, I have a max level balance, a level 35 death (stuck in Mooshu unfortunately), and a level 15 storm. I hope to get to know you all much better, and I think I will enjoy my time here as much as I do in Pirate101's boards!

lv 100
lv 35
lv 12

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Hello there, Elemutation!

Welcome back to the Wizzie side of the Spiral. Happy questing!

Canny B


Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Elemutation on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Hello all! I have been posting on the Pirate101 message boards for a while now, (about 2 years), and some of you may recognize my posts from my boards name over there, "Elemutation". I have recently renewed my Wizard101 subscription, which I have not had since about 2010, and after about 2 months of playing, I decided that it's worth the time to invest in 2 message boards, so here I am! From those of you who have read my posts on the Pirate boards, you may know that I tend to ramble, and go a bit too in depth than needed at times. In game on Wizard, I have a max level balance, a level 35 death (stuck in Mooshu unfortunately), and a level 15 storm. I hope to get to know you all much better, and I think I will enjoy my time here as much as I do in Pirate101's boards!

lv 100
lv 35
lv 12
So what are your thoughts on how the game has progressed or become since 2010 - which is around the time I began here in Wizard101. At that time Celestia was due to or came out, the Malistaire instance was lowered. Waterworks was introduced as a major farming event with fantastic gear and drops.

Mary

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
2
Northlite on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
So what are your thoughts on how the game has progressed or become since 2010 - which is around the time I began here in Wizard101. At that time Celestia was due to or came out, the Malistaire instance was lowered. Waterworks was introduced as a major farming event with fantastic gear and drops.

Mary
It definitely does feel much different from before, and if I were to sum up the difference between now and then, I would say it was much more... confined. The game felt more compact, and easier t wrap your head around. Now, I don't mean that in a bad way, for I enjoy extremely complex games, but it felt like something that came at a more reasonable rate. Now, there is so much more to do, and I mean with all the side content, not just the new level caps. When working on my death and storm, I felt compelled to be sidetracked more than i did back during my first time. Also, I'm not positive on what it is, but back in 2010, Getting a new spell felt more... eventful. It may be the increased mass of the game itself, or the sheer amount of spells now, but getting that big spell at the end (supernova for me), felt like such an accomplishment compared to getting sabertooth or my shadow spells. But overall, the game has progressed quite well!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Elemutation on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
It definitely does feel much different from before, and if I were to sum up the difference between now and then, I would say it was much more... confined. The game felt more compact, and easier t wrap your head around. Now, I don't mean that in a bad way, for I enjoy extremely complex games, but it felt like something that came at a more reasonable rate. Now, there is so much more to do, and I mean with all the side content, not just the new level caps. When working on my death and storm, I felt compelled to be sidetracked more than i did back during my first time. Also, I'm not positive on what it is, but back in 2010, Getting a new spell felt more... eventful. It may be the increased mass of the game itself, or the sheer amount of spells now, but getting that big spell at the end (supernova for me), felt like such an accomplishment compared to getting sabertooth or my shadow spells. But overall, the game has progressed quite well!
I am wondering if there are a few wizards returning to the game after a long hiatus? Last night I had a nice conversation with a returning player that was not sure what worlds were added or what quest should get him out of Celestia. I let him know Edith may have something for him and the worlds that have been added. He seen Edith and told me the quests and I told him he wanted Though the Door. He thanked me very much and went to the Trial of Spheres, he did not ask for our help but seemed to use Team Up.

We often help with the quests in Celestia when asked, during lulls of game play, we sit in the Base Camp on our higher level wizards. It is usually for the 2 dungeons there and Trial of the Spheres.

Mary