Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advice for level 52 life wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'm a level 52 life wizard in need of some advice. I'm in Dragonspyre and had been soloing fairly well up until this point. My problem is that the minions/bosses I'm fighting are now starting to require the heavy-hitting spells that I don't have. I've trained as secondaries death to feint and ice to tower shield, but I'm starting to wonder if the death route was a mistake. I don't use them much, and they're absolutely no help when it comes to life minions/bosses, since they just keep tossing up death shields. Should I trade in my points and go another route? Is my deck not up to snuff? Or am I just a bad player? I should mention that not being able to solo is difficult since I don't have regular friends on this game and am having to just do random team ups at every turn, and it's all getting a bit frustrating.

Thanks!!

Lenora Willowcatcher, Level 52

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Hello! Sorry you're having a rough time. My first wizard through the game was balance (not a very heavy-hitting school), so I understand your frustration with being unable to do lots of damage. To preface this, I want to say that it should get a lot better once you get your level 58 spell Forest Lord, which will allow you to hit all enemies at the same time for a fairly decent amount of damage for a life wizard. You're only 6 levels away, so you're almost there!! As for training death and ice to the respective spells you mentioned, that's great! it's usually suggested that wizards train death to feint and ice to tower shield solely for those two spells. Feint will allow you to add a 70% damage boost to a single enemy and tower shield provides a 50% cuts incoming damage in half for one spell of any school, so both are extremely useful and I'd say keep them. My suggestion to increase your damage and make yourself a little bit more of a powerhouse is to up your damage from gear. Even just with Bazaar gear, you can add quite a bit of life damage which will help you IMMENSELY. Getting a good pet would help a lot too (though expensive - but worth it!). A kookaburra pet would get you a 4-pip spell to hit all enemies which would help you, and if you get it with damage talents then you're golden. Using feints will also be your best tool for fighting enemies with higher health. If you can stack up a lifeblade, spirit blade (trained from Niles the balance tree), and use a feint on a boss, then using Centaur (which, unless I'm mistaken, if your best single hit at your level) can do quite a bit of damage. As for the life bosses and minions, I have two words for you - life prism. Keep your deck small and put the maximum amount of prisms your deck allows - this should (almost) guarantee you draw at least one prism on the first round. Get your prisms down right away so that once the enemies death shield, the shield is useless (as long as the prism goes down before the shield). I even like to stack two or sometimes even three prisms on bosses who I know I can't kill in one shot so if they shield I have multiple prisms on to bypass the shield. Once your prisms are on, blade and feint, and you should be good to go! I hope this helps you, and good luck on your adventures!!
130 130 100 72 70 56 10