Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Accounts and Characters

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
So this may seem kind a odd to find on the message boards, but since I started playing Wizard101 (back in almost ancient times when we were all sitting around waiting for the second story arc) I've had to share my account with my younger siblings for the reason that they thought the game was cool and wanted to play too, then my parents basically said "Be nice and share with your siblings.". Of course it didn't really bother me, it gave us all something in common we all would talk about the game endlessly and everything was good.

Fast forward to now and the two of them have stopped playing and technically the account itself is mine because I created it and my parents agree with me on that part, but my siblings still have their characters on it and insist that the account should belong to them and I should just make my own account.

My only problem is if I make my own account and let them have the one I originally created but then I would have to start all over without any way to get the items I had on my other characters (without paying massive amounts of money and crowns for them, not to mention all the farming, pet hatching/training, etc...). Plus I'm very attached to/semi-protective my characters and the knowledge of my siblings being able to delete or take their items, etc... (not that they would) bothers me.

I just want the account to be mine (I apologize if that seems selfish of me). But if I change the password my parents will just make me to tell them the new password, and I can't just delete their wizards since they don't play (because they would lose their progress and items and if they found out I would be in trouble). I really don't know what I should/could do. Sometimes I wish I could just transfer my characters to a different account, or the vice versa and transfer their characters to a separate account, sadly that's not possible as far as I know.

I really don’t feel like the game's admin would have a straight answer for me, but maybe there's someone else out there who's in a similar situation, or maybe there's someone who has a solution to my problem? I know it's not an easy thing to deal with but any advice would be helpful thanks!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If your siblings start their own account and your parents place all the accounts combined into a family account, and then if they also pay for one year of membership on all of the accounts ... at the end of one year KingsIsle will honor requests to transfer wizards between accounts.

I don't think your situation is unique, and I definitely don't think you're being selfish. On the other hand, your parents may not want to pay a lot of money just to divide the accounts (I can see their point of view, too). One option is that you and your siblings could suggest pooling your allowances and see whether you could "pay" your parents to do this.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
It is possible to transfer characters.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/can-i-transfer-a-character-between-accounts-16444

Also, if you don't want to share with your siblings, you can tell your parents that account sharing is against the terms of use (despite it being broken all the time because of siblings).

Delver
Jun 14, 2010