Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A spell that makes you switch sides?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Did you know that there is actually a spell that makes you switch sides? Well, not litterally, but kind of. I found out in a duel the other day against a life magus and a death magus. I'll admit, I wasn't really paying attention so I'm not sure what school it was for or anything. But, on my next turn, my name and my partner's name was on the opposite side of me and my opponents' name was on my side. I could see all the spells they were choosing too. When I selected a spell, it lit up my team mates. When I tried to attack my opponents I couldn't. And when I tried to attack my partner, I also couldn't. So I was forced to pass for I think two turns. I started freaking out and yelling "Why are our sides switched?" My opponents explained that it was a spell.

So, my question is what is this awesome spell called? I'd love to learn it. Is it for death school? I think it may be, because I think the death girl used it. Anyone know?

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
It is called Beguile, and yes it is a Death school spell. You described its effect very well .

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Yes, Death school. And to properly play the character under the spell's effects, you should have attacked your ex-friends in favor of your new friends, at least while you were under the spell. Roleplaying the bad events are tough, but makes for a better described character in the long run.

Then again, if all you want is to win/beat the game...pass.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
What level do you learn it at? That's awesome! I have a death character, and now I want to keep playing her until I get that spell.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
its a teacher quest... i believe i got it in marleybone... but may have been kroktopia. cant remember. it was a while ago!

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
ashbaer wrote:
its a teacher quest... i believe i got it in marleybone... but may have been kroktopia. cant remember. it was a while ago!

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

Thank you a bunch.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
this spell sounds incredible! I wonder if there any others with such effects

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
What level do you learn it at? That's awesome! I have a death character, and now I want to keep playing her until I get that spell.

It's the Death School reward for completing Krokotopia. Once You complete the main quests and defeat Krokopatra, you will be rewarded with Beguile.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
You get it when you finish krok. you talk to the dog by the pond then you get the spell

Hope that helps!

Blaine DarkHorn lvl 30 magus necromancer

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
Windlilly wrote:
Did you know that there is actually a spell that makes you switch sides? Well, not litterally, but kind of. I found out in a duel the other day against a life magus and a death magus. I'll admit, I wasn't really paying attention so I'm not sure what school it was for or anything. But, on my next turn, my name and my partner's name was on the opposite side of me and my opponents' name was on my side. I could see all the spells they were choosing too. When I selected a spell, it lit up my team mates. When I tried to attack my opponents I couldn't. And when I tried to attack my partner, I also couldn't. So I was forced to pass for I think two turns. I started freaking out and yelling "Why are our sides switched?" My opponents explained that it was a spell.

So, my question is what is this awesome spell called? I'd love to learn it. Is it for death school? I think it may be, because I think the death girl used it. Anyone know?
well Sierra it is a death spell called beguile and is basically like a stun but a bit worse because it makes you attack your teammates and the same effects with enemies. i'll be more than happy to show you the spell