Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Questions to All Wizards?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
88
When it comes to gear..robes, shoes etc....what matters most to you when it comes to stats....health? pip rating, critical/block rating?.....Just want to ask I am a death wizard and today while at bazaar i noticed that none of my gear that i had equipped had no resistance...at first health mattered to me so i mostly got gear that had high health stats, but what about critical rates...and damage..Just something i want to ask

-lvl 77

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
Keena0823 on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
When it comes to gear..robes, shoes etc....what matters most to you when it comes to stats....health? pip rating, critical/block rating?.....Just want to ask I am a death wizard and today while at bazaar i noticed that none of my gear that i had equipped had no resistance...at first health mattered to me so i mostly got gear that had high health stats, but what about critical rates...and damage..Just something i want to ask

-lvl 77
I'm a level 46, so I haven't really looked into critical/block or any of that sort of stuff yet. What I look for in gear is either high resist or pip chance, with a healthy dose of bonus HP to go with it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
Keena0823 on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
When it comes to gear..robes, shoes etc....what matters most to you when it comes to stats....health? pip rating, critical/block rating?.....Just want to ask I am a death wizard and today while at bazaar i noticed that none of my gear that i had equipped had no resistance...at first health mattered to me so i mostly got gear that had high health stats, but what about critical rates...and damage..Just something i want to ask

-lvl 77
After level 50, critical is important. Before that it depends on the wizard. For Storm, accuracy and health above all else. Ice, accuracy and universal shield or strength. I rarely go with a pip feature as I seem to hit power pips a lot no matter the gear. For Death... I went with strength.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
191
I'm a level 90 and level 90, Each school has different stats you should value, For my storm I like for: Damage, Critical, Pierce. As for my death I look for: Damage, Resist, block, and Health but still enough critical rate to critical my Sacrifice. More then just that gear, I need a good pet to go along, for my storm I get only damage and resist, no may casts, as for my death, resist, and may casts(Healing ones of course), Having high health wont matter if you have no resist and critical block right? I'd rather take 800 damage then 2,000. [Sorry picked random #'s] So, What kind of player are you and what your school is what matters when it comes to gear. Have fun
Level 90Miguel
Level 90Miguel
Level 40Miguel

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
311
I like to try and balance my gear. Usually I search for items that give accuracy, damage, and resistance all in one. Later I get one of my other items to have anything I missed (ex: extra health). I'm only a lvl 45 so I haven't got to critical and such yet.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
98
I usually pay more attention to resistance and block, but I try to make sure my stats are pretty balanced. I ignore my critical hit rating, since my critical hits are almost always blocked and I rarely get a critical with a heal (not even on my life )

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Diana Moonflower Level 88
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Christina Goldenheart Level 80

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
146
back when wizard101 ended in dragonspyre, i was big on hp and pip percentage. when i entered celestia and zafaria, i leaned more towards damage boost and critical. now that i'm in the avalon/azteca range, i focus more on incoming healing, resistance, and critical block.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
2
Hey there
For me, personally, it changes depending on the world I am in. I get better resist gear once I head towards ZF, but before that its more about damage, considering all the street fights that you find yourself in and getting through those tireless dungeons and towers (DS specifically).
I am a crafter, so I am always looking around for the best resist gear, which begins in Wintertusk.
If you're willing to step away from your regular quests and tackle Aquila for some really awesome drops, then you will have one fantastic, resistant, damage killing monster wizard EVER!
Good luck
Kristen (balance wizard, level 90)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
KKoop3 on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
I'm a level 46, so I haven't really looked into critical/block or any of that sort of stuff yet. What I look for in gear is either high resist or pip chance, with a healthy dose of bonus HP to go with it.
the big problem is, every world seems to have its own requirements so you're changing gear all the time or farming the heck out of a few dungeons or crafted. At this point, I've crafted a bunch of stuff and my main goal is Critical Blocking and Universal Resist. As it stands right now, my Universal Resistance is 13 (I know, it's low) and my Universal Critical Block is 137. I'm in the beginning of Azteca and it seems to be working just fine

Explorer
May 11, 2012
91
When I first started, the amount of health was more important, then as I moved along, school resist became more important. Later on, critical was the most important, but now that I am almost level 79 and fighting solo through Avalon (been stuck for months and months), critical block is the most important thing ever, with shielding coming in second.

Autumn FairyDreamer

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
599
Depends on the school, and world your on :p.

Also: ALL schools have advantages and disadvantages. You can either 1) gain the advantages like more health or defense you don't have or 2)Build up your advantages and ignore your disadvantages.
For example: A storm wizard could either 1) gain more defense or 2) build up his/her boosts

Know your school well. Also know the world your in. Azteca, you need critical block.

-wizardrokz

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
in order of priority:

block rating is extremely important at the upper levels: from celestia onward, the bosses (and even mobs) critical almost every round. and, if your block isn't high enough, those double-damage hits will ensure that you get pounded quickly and often.

universal resist is worth having, because it means you have to switch gear less frequently (and suffer less annoyance/humiliation when you get defeated as a result of having forgotten to switch).

accuracy is important, depending on your school: since balance and death are the most fizzle-prone schools after level 50 (unlike the elementals and myth, you can't get accuracy-boosting gear without your other stats taking a huge hit), you may want to invest in a pet with sharp shot.

damage is another one that may or may not be useful: the weaker/support schools (balance, myth, and life) will benefit from a pet with a pain-giver talent.

incoming heal
is a nice perk- not required,, but definitely comes in handy at crunch time.

power-pip chance
is also good to have- the higher it is, the less time you need to cast your awesome spells.

armour piercing is also a nice perk, but certainly not required if you play your cards right (since most people can't get it without a huge sacrifice in other areas).

outgoing heal is something that i, as a solo player, really don't have a practical use for (and, therefore, don't care about).

critical rating is completely unneeded, as most bosses and mobs at the upper levels block it anyway.

/von's 2 cents.

90
90
87
63
40
40
23

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
36
critical and it's block... in speaking that i'm a private in Pvp.....and i like to critical my rebirth and dryad... in dryad i get 2,000 no matter what once i did 4,600 damage with my torjan horse's Gomes! Spell........

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
My Death is 'only' a level 80, but he's helped friends in Azteca many times and survived with the gear he has, which happens to have better stats than many higher level Deaths.

Death takes a bit of buffing to get a decent hit, plus, even though Death has an accuracy rate of 85%, it fizzles more than lower percentage schools (go figure).

Critical Block
Damage
Accuracy
Resistance

These are the most important for my Death wizard. Some Avalon crafted gear, mixed with Waterworks and a good pet will get you through just about anything!

My L80 Death has 73% damage, 42 universal resist, 200 universal crit block, 151 critical, and accuracy of 91% - 95% (depending on gear and pet)

I currently have 4 pets I use:

Red Ghost - Proof (10), Defy (5), Death Dealer (+6), Sprite, Unicorn
Mummy Cat - Proof (10), Defy (5) Pain Giver (+6), Sprite, Fairy
Shadow Beast -Proof (10), Defy (5), Pain Giver (+6), Sprite, Fairy
Deer Knight - Proof (10), Pain Giver (+6), Sprite, Fairy, Sharp Shot (6%)

So, it all depends on how you want to play your Death. A balance of offense/defense, mostly defense, mostly offense ....... it's all up to you!

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
77
Every school has stats that benefit them the most. I'm so damage and critical is a key element, but I also really care about a good resist and think that's really important to all schools, my universal resist is 32, 42 in ice and fire 51 and I'm still trying to improve this.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
88
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
My Death is 'only' a level 80, but he's helped friends in Azteca many times and survived with the gear he has, which happens to have better stats than many higher level Deaths.

Death takes a bit of buffing to get a decent hit, plus, even though Death has an accuracy rate of 85%, it fizzles more than lower percentage schools (go figure).

Critical Block
Damage
Accuracy
Resistance

These are the most important for my Death wizard. Some Avalon crafted gear, mixed with Waterworks and a good pet will get you through just about anything!

My L80 Death has 73% damage, 42 universal resist, 200 universal crit block, 151 critical, and accuracy of 91% - 95% (depending on gear and pet)

I currently have 4 pets I use:

Red Ghost - Proof (10), Defy (5), Death Dealer (+6), Sprite, Unicorn
Mummy Cat - Proof (10), Defy (5) Pain Giver (+6), Sprite, Fairy
Shadow Beast -Proof (10), Defy (5), Pain Giver (+6), Sprite, Fairy
Deer Knight - Proof (10), Pain Giver (+6), Sprite, Fairy, Sharp Shot (6%)

So, it all depends on how you want to play your Death. A balance of offense/defense, mostly defense, mostly offense ....... it's all up to you!
wow! nice stats....I've been trying my best to balance my damage and resist...(now level 81) my resist is only 8 and my damage is 20( I think) i've been struggling with gear stats lately i guess because just yesterday finished Avalon and I in no way think I'm ready for Azteca. What are some of the gear you use...I've been looking in bazaar but it seems that i can never find any gear that has all around resist :/

And thanks everyone for your replies..... It helped a lot I'm always changing gear trying to change my stats up it seems that I struggle with that