Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Question about False reports/muted wizard

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose, I would like to know what happens when a wizard is wrongfully muted based on multiple false reports. Does KI take a look at this kind of issue? And if so, what is the sanctions normally given to those that make these false reports?

Administrator
Please read the following post:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Please read the following post:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Thank you Professor Greyrose. I had forgotten that was posted as well.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Why does the person who is falsely muted, have to wait the full 24 hours before being unmuted?

Also, what should a person do if they are falsely muted?

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Why does the person who is falsely muted, have to wait the full 24 hours before being unmuted?

What do you mean i thought if you are muted you are muted for 10 years

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Grandmaster Pyro

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
eric123456789028 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Actually, Wolf, the amount of time a wizard is muted is determined by the severity of the offense. But there are Certain things that will get you muted for up to 10 years and or banned.

But we are seeing a trend in which some players are being falsely reported and muted for 24 hours and this should not be happening. The unfortuante part is that the false reports are coming from some of those that have been legitimately reported and if there are several of them in the same place they will attack the person they think reported them with a barrage of false reports.

The game has become infused with players that have no regard for the community or the company. They will boldly say they don't care about the game or the company and they only come to certain areas to SOCIALIZE. They refuse to acknowledge there are rules that apply to everyone and will argue Freedom of Speech and First Amendmemt Rights.

There are a lot of players trying to help clean the game up but are also taking a lot of abuse in the process. I realize that it is impossible to tell the difference between false reports and real ones until they are properly checked out. I myself have received several false reports and so have many of my friends for using the report button to report some of the most horrible behavior I have ever seen in this or any other online game.

It seems that the report system may need to be updated to in order to keep the innocent players that do report bad behavior from being treated in this manner. Maybe it is time that KI start putting one or two Staff members WITHOUT staff badges in the areas that are currently the worst in the game. By doing this, the Staff members may also be able to prevent players from being muted by false reports.

Those players have a right to know why this is happening but are not getting the emails from KI that are supposed to be sent.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
eric123456789028 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Actually, Wolf, the amount of time a wizard is muted is determined by the severity of the offense. But there are Certain things that will get you muted for up to 10 years and or banned.

But we are seeing a trend in which some players are being falsely reported and muted for 24 hours and this should not be happening. The unfortuante part is that the false reports are coming from some of those that have been legitimately reported and if there are several of them in the same place they will attack the person they think reported them with a barrage of false reports.

The game has become infused with players that have no regard for the community or the company. They will boldly say they don't care about the game or the company and they only come to certain areas to SOCIALIZE. They refuse to acknowledge there are rules that apply to everyone and will argue Freedom of Speech and First Amendmemt Rights.

There are a lot of players trying to help clean the game up but are also taking a lot of abuse in the process. I realize that it is impossible to tell the difference between false reports and real ones until they are properly checked out. I myself have received several false reports and so have many of my friends for using the report button to report some of the most horrible behavior I have ever seen in this or any other online game.

It seems that the report system may need to be updated to in order to keep the innocent players that do report bad behavior from being treated in this manner. Maybe it is time that KI start putting one or two Staff members WITHOUT staff badges in the areas that are currently the worst in the game. By doing this, the Staff members may also be able to prevent players from being muted by false reports.

Those players have a right to know why this is happening but are not getting the emails from KI that are supposed to be sent.
Oh ok