Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A joke or subtle racism?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
There's a mount call the ball-N-chain mount that reduces speed by up to 60%. Now, am a 1990 onward generation born in a predominant black ethnic race as a probably the only mix kid within my community at the time. I never had to go through any type of discrimination or endure any sort of bigotry. With that being said yesterday in the commons there was some wizards, not going to mention there names, basically dye their characters jet black as the new coloring introduce through the magic mirror theme and basically walk around in ball in chains with someone dress with the witch hunter set walking behind them with the eel whip wand saying pretty much derogatory slanders. Calling them the n word etc basically a role play gone wrong i guess? but they also knew what they were doing.

Am not sure how the gaming industry approaches this type of behaviors, but the concept of releasing a mount like that to the public without any consideration is a bit concerning, especially when it relates to slavery or prison in mates.

Administrator
If you ever see any concerns like this in-game, immediately use the in-game reporting tool. If you have additional information, feel free to contact our support team with it so we can investigate further: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game