Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A clue in the commeercial?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I know everyone has been talking about the new commercial with the two kids fighting Malistaire. I loved the graphics, as everyone else does. But everyone, including me, is asking the same thing. "Is KI going to upgrade the game with these graphics?" I hope KI has all the time, money, and technology to inhance the game in such a marvelous way. Some are saying, "Oh, thats just false advertisement." But this is why I think this commercial is somewhat of a clue to something. I don't recall KI ever annoucing a new commercial on the log in screen. I have seen them post, updates, holiday events, charity events, and sales. Not once ever saying anything about a new commercial. I'm not sure if its because of the amazing graphics, or if the commercial is hiding something. But KI, please, tell us if this commercial is a sign of something new coming to Wizard101, or just a fancy gimmick to get more people to play. I trust and believe in you KI, you've made me a very happy wizard.

Wolf NightBreeze, Archmage Theurgist

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I think you might be reading a bit more into the commercial than is intended.

The game is specifically what the commercial implies, Wizards use cards to cast spells. Yes, the graphics were awesome, but they are great in the game too. I just dont think you should read too much into a creative vision of the game for a commercial, you might get your hopes up for nothing.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
Hmm. In my opinion, this commercial is just more of a marketing strategy, not a sign that they'll be updating the graphics or bringing in something from the commercial to the actual game-play. A lot of games I've played have done these cinematic trailers, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the game is anything like the commercial (we as Wizard101 players already know that).
I think people can become mistaken when they say the commercial is deceiving--it may seem that way but most people (save for children, I suppose) could guess that those graphics cannot be in the actual game itself, because I'm not even sure there's a computer that would be able to run the game without lagging horribly. That, plus the file size would be enormous and it'd take KI a long time to try and add such things.

Anyway, in short I think it's just a fun little commercial they did to attract more players. I applaud KingsIsle for making such an enthralling commercial, too! It's really lovely.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
darthjt wrote:
I think you might be reading a bit more into the commercial than is intended.

The game is specifically what the commercial implies, Wizards use cards to cast spells. Yes, the graphics were awesome, but they are great in the game too. I just dont think you should read too much into a creative vision of the game for a commercial, you might get your hopes up for nothing.
I agree. Everyone got overexcited, though it was a cool commercial.