Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

100% school resistances are too much

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Players are donning items that give them 100% resistance against various schools before entering into battle. Although this saves time and makes things easy for their group it is also ruining the game. People are refusing to play end boss areas complaining how easy it is, how they easily do the entire thing alone, they simply make themselves immune to various fights, and then they complain and complain and complain about it in public areas which makes others not even want to play the game. 100% and near 100% school resistances is a real issue that needs to be addressed and taken care of by the game.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
seasnake wrote:
People are refusing to play end boss areas complaining how easy it is, how they easily do the entire thing alone, they simply make themselves immune to various fights, and then they complain and complain and complain about it in public areas which makes others not even want to play the game.

Ignore button.

The problem isn't with the gear. Because if the players you are referring to find it so "easy," they could easily exchange their gear with less resistance to make it harder (or no gear at all). However, they don't want to. They are purposely (false) bragging in front of other players like yourself.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Players are donning items that give them 100% resistance against various schools before entering into battle. Although this saves time and makes things easy for their group it is also ruining the game. People are refusing to play end boss areas complaining how easy it is, how they easily do the entire thing alone, they simply make themselves immune to various fights, and then they complain and complain and complain about it in public areas which makes others not even want to play the game. 100% and near 100% school resistances is a real issue that needs to be addressed and taken care of by the game.

only 2 schools can use this to a advantage outside pvp and use this stradegy to the fullest
fire and death
fire can immolate for serious damage
death can use deal damage to self attacks for stuff like sacrifice

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

only 2 schools can use this to a advantage outside pvp and use this stradegy to the fullest
fire and death
fire can immolate for serious damage
death can use deal damage to self attacks for stuff like sacrifice
I love the resistances I am a necromancer level 69 I only use them for good purposes like helephant tower, sacrifice healings, empower, and a few others. So if you dont like it just dont do it then.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
kingurz wrote:
seasnake wrote:
People are refusing to play end boss areas complaining how easy it is, how they easily do the entire thing alone, they simply make themselves immune to various fights, and then they complain and complain and complain about it in public areas which makes others not even want to play the game.

Ignore button.

The problem isn't with the gear. Because if the players you are referring to find it so "easy," they could easily exchange their gear with less resistance to make it harder (or no gear at all). However, they don't want to. They are purposely (false) bragging in front of other players like yourself.

not false bragging when I'm playing with them and they are taking 0 damage while tanking everything for the rest of the group

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
seasnake wrote:
not false bragging when I'm playing with them and they are taking 0 damage while tanking everything for the rest of the group

Do you mind asking them how they did it and post the response? I'm very curious and I find myself wondering if it is some kind of bug.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Do you mind asking them how they did it and post the response? I'm very curious and I find myself wondering if it is some kind of bug.

It's possible, but what seasnake is leaving out is that most dungeons do not have a single boss. So while a player may have 100% resistance to a single boss, the other bosses are still somewhat of a problem. But like seasnake also cleared up is he doing these fights in a group, which will make it a bit easier regardless of resistances (I never get defeated in dungeons with 4 wizards). His original post said these players were having such an easy time, they could do it solo. Granted having immune will help while soloing, but by no means is it a piece of cake. It still is difficult, due to the other boss attacks and cheats. So it is false bragging that it doesn't require any skill or is a breeze. Look up the Death wizard online that solo'd Tower of the Helephant with 100% resistance. It wasn't easy, but certainly made it posssible.

"People are refusing to play end boss areas complaining how easy it is, how they easily do the entire thing alone, they simply make themselves immune to various fights, and then they complain and complain and complain about it in public areas..."

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
kingurz wrote:
It's possible, but what seasnake is leaving out is that most dungeons do not have a single boss.

Of that, I have no doubt. I'm just curious as to the how of it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
kingurz wrote:
It's possible, but what seasnake is leaving out is that most dungeons do not have a single boss.

Of that, I have no doubt. I'm just curious as to the how of it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217960

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
kingurz wrote:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217960

That was very informative, thanks. Personally, it lends credence to my long standing view that there should be attribute caps (from only a cumulative standpoint, ie., the maximum amount from combining all available items). However, I guess my view doesn't really matter much. Its clear to me now that my view (and that of my family) has parted ways with KI's direction (and apparently that of the masses). Oh well, the game was fun while it lasted.