Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

reporting for no reason

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 07, 2015
hey wizards and witches. I want to address this problem. REPORTING FOR NO REASON. let me tell you guys a story:

one night. I was in the commons. minding my own business. I walked away from the computer for a few minutes to go get a snack. I came back. I seen the box you get when you get reported. I was so upset. I told my friend and she got reported for no reason too! she said it might of been some wizard named wolf boom shade. I said nothing bad. once in a while I say darn but that's it. has this happened to anyone else? if it has. please tell me. Edit: it makes me so mad.

thank you for reading.

Miranda jade song ~ promethean pyromancer

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Yeah, it has happened to many people. For instance, I was once playing a silent game of PvP, and after I won, I simply told the other bloke "good game."
Being angry that he lost, the pouting player reported me.

I also once got reported for winning a housing game, and I was playing silently. Some people are just sore players.

Luckily, KingsIsle checks the reports and will determine if false reports are made. If any mistake is made, like you getting muted, then you can speak to them and try to fix the problem.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Unfortunately, it happens to us all.
My advice is to avoid hanging around the Commons/Shopping District in a busy realm; that's where I see the most bad behavior (besides the Arena).

I have been falsely reported in the Arena for winning, for not gifting random strangers in the Bazaar, denying a hatch request, you name it. LOL.

Good news is, KI does check it out - I have never ever had any negative outcome from false reports that have come my way over the years.

There are more nice people than bad ones so just ignore the latter

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
This has never happened to me, but I am sure it happens to many people, and I can believe your frustration. But the good news is, even if you do get reported for no reason, the joke is on them, because when you click the box to report someone, it does say that false accusations could lead tova suspension in your account.