Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Has anyone else been abandoned by "Friends"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
27
I felt like making a post about this, one of my worst memories ever about this game. I'll go through the entire story. I was a level 36 Magus Necromancer, doing pvp (Practice) When I met some myth named Chris, so we started questing together to about Zafaria. That's when his friend Matthew (Storm) Joined in, and Matthew's friend Michael (Balance) Joined in. We all got to about Belloq as a group, that's when Michael said his friend was on Belloq and wanted help with him, Michael suggested we quest with him since he was a Pvp Warlord, I thought "What does being a PVP Warlord have to do with questing?" Michael said he was an ice, (Just what the team needed he insisted) For shields, and other protection. That's when I said: but that means there will be 5 of us, who goes? I personally thought his ice friend should go, our team was fine as it was. Instead Michael insisted I go. I was like: Wait what? Why me? He said: We don't need a death, Death doesn't hit, protect, NOTHING. He went on about balance has blades, and hex, and weakness And how Myth can stun easy with medusa, and earthquake. Felt like he was talking about PVP more than Questing and then how we need a storm hitter. I was really angry, this wouldn't of happened if Chris didn't invite his friends. So they went in, and I waited on Team up for people. No one came . I got off the game, and didn't get back on until about 2 weeks later. When I got back on, Chris was level 76 and was in The Wyrd. I wanted to cry, I couldn't quest alone as a death with NO WATERWORKS. I didn't was to quest anymore, just as I was about to log out and probably delete my char. Chris messages me saying: Sorry I ditched you, I messaged back saying: Sorry doesn't fix anything, and he replied saying: I can help you get to here. That's when I noticed he was probably soloing, Matthew and his friends ditched him as well. So he ported, and after a week we finished Zafaria for me, and I started Avalon. Now he is max and I am as well. Just still, If your friends might be friends to you, they could turn on you at any second. Same thing goes for if your one friend OR maybe even 2 friends want to quest with you. Say No. It isn't worth hurting someone else cause you want to get max. Anyway I felt like sharing this :D and on another post I did say I beat Zf in one day, that's at the rate we were going until I got ditched. So I kind of did, :T

If this has happened to you, please share. I love to see others who can relate to this emotional experience. Thank you everyone for reading Savannah DuskShard100 Savannah Fire and FrostShard Level 50 Warlord, Level 36 Warlord

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
66
as in real life yes this happens in real game. but like the old saying goes out with the old in with the new.... some times a new friend is better and that one that left wasn't a friend at all......so with that I leave you with this message" if you couldn't be there at my worst times, you certainly don't deserve to be there at my best" everyone does need help sometimes yes I have soloed this game much alone... to have someone along your side is truly one of lifes great experiences but always be prepared to handle yourself ........ been there did that

yours truly
liam stormbrand,
representing exalted,exalted,transcendant TEAM BRING IT

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
nothing like this happened to me, but i just wanted to share this with you.

one time, me and my friend wanted to do a dungeon, and her level 100 friend wanted to join too.We played the dungeon~we did winterbane by the way, and while i was casting a spell, at the end of it, MY friend told me not to cast spells because her level 100 friend wanted to do a *one hit attack*. By the time she said it it was too late because i already casted a spell. Anyways, we finished the dungeon, and the next day, my sister wanted to do it too.Me(i am level 36 by the way}my sister who is level 31, and my friend who is level 26,couldnt do it by ourselves because it is too hard.So,my friend asked her level 100 friend to do it with us.And do you know what he said? He said no! Why, you ask? Because I didnt listen when he said not to cast a spell! Tell me if you think you agree that it was actually HIM and he was just being mean because i think I needed the chance to take part in the dungeon too!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
20
Nothing like this has every happened to me because I only quest only, other people slow me down. I don't enjoy questing so I go as fast as possible. The first day I finish all up to Mooshu, then the next I finish all up to CL, then I finish all up to AV, then that's where things start going slow, one day for Azteca and two days for Khrysalis. So overall it takes about 6 days for me to hit max, or 7 if I'm going slow. Other people tend to go a lot slower, taking months to get there, so I'd rather just quest alone. I don't farm for gear until max lvl, until then I use the bazaar gear up until 56 then I use WT crafted gear, then when I get to 66 I use ZF crafted gear, then 74/76 I use the AV crafted gear, 84/86 I use the Azteca crafted gear for the robe and hat and I use the lvl 80/85 boots for the shoes. In Khrysalis I craft whatever gear I is better than the current gear. Each of my wizards use different crafted gear at different times due to some being better than others, like for Ice, the Azteca crafted gear wasn't as good as the AV crafted gear, so I didn't change, just kept the AV crafted gear. Once I hit max then it's time for Darkmoor farming. I farm Morganthe for her amulet and maybe athame and that's it. Anything else slows me down, like farming for the WaterWorks gear when it wouldn't even last for four days until being changed out for the Darkmoor gear, so I don't farm for it and crafted something else to hold me up until then. However I believe my friend's done this before, but not due to finding a new team but because they're too slow so he leaves them in the dust while he finds a new team later on.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
104
omagicspells on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
nothing like this happened to me, but i just wanted to share this with you.

one time, me and my friend wanted to do a dungeon, and her level 100 friend wanted to join too.We played the dungeon~we did winterbane by the way, and while i was casting a spell, at the end of it, MY friend told me not to cast spells because her level 100 friend wanted to do a *one hit attack*. By the time she said it it was too late because i already casted a spell. Anyways, we finished the dungeon, and the next day, my sister wanted to do it too.Me(i am level 36 by the way}my sister who is level 31, and my friend who is level 26,couldnt do it by ourselves because it is too hard.So,my friend asked her level 100 friend to do it with us.And do you know what he said? He said no! Why, you ask? Because I didnt listen when he said not to cast a spell! Tell me if you think you agree that it was actually HIM and he was just being mean because i think I needed the chance to take part in the dungeon too!
lol funny thing is that im her sister!!

taylor searider level 31 ice

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
ChrisIceChrisFire on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
Nothing like this has every happened to me because I only quest only, other people slow me down. I don't enjoy questing so I go as fast as possible. The first day I finish all up to Mooshu, then the next I finish all up to CL, then I finish all up to AV, then that's where things start going slow, one day for Azteca and two days for Khrysalis. So overall it takes about 6 days for me to hit max, or 7 if I'm going slow. Other people tend to go a lot slower, taking months to get there, so I'd rather just quest alone. I don't farm for gear until max lvl, until then I use the bazaar gear up until 56 then I use WT crafted gear, then when I get to 66 I use ZF crafted gear, then 74/76 I use the AV crafted gear, 84/86 I use the Azteca crafted gear for the robe and hat and I use the lvl 80/85 boots for the shoes. In Khrysalis I craft whatever gear I is better than the current gear. Each of my wizards use different crafted gear at different times due to some being better than others, like for Ice, the Azteca crafted gear wasn't as good as the AV crafted gear, so I didn't change, just kept the AV crafted gear. Once I hit max then it's time for Darkmoor farming. I farm Morganthe for her amulet and maybe athame and that's it. Anything else slows me down, like farming for the WaterWorks gear when it wouldn't even last for four days until being changed out for the Darkmoor gear, so I don't farm for it and crafted something else to hold me up until then. However I believe my friend's done this before, but not due to finding a new team but because they're too slow so he leaves them in the dust while he finds a new team later on.
That's impossible. Playing straight 24 hours a day 7 days a week it would take a little over a month to complete. The fastest I have made it through was about 7 weeks and that was playing 12-18 hours a day every day. It's impossible to finish those worlds in a day or two and the crafting quests alone for your gear take a LOT longer than a week.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
206
Yep was abandoned in Tartarus by friends. Long story short, I wanted to do Cronus, they were all aware. After defeating Hades, he respawned I was the only one who left in a rush to get to Cronus. I waited while they battled him again. After 1 hour, they left and I was left alone, they changed their minds . I have a topic like this called Emotional in Wizard101.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
105
seethe42 on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
That's impossible. Playing straight 24 hours a day 7 days a week it would take a little over a month to complete. The fastest I have made it through was about 7 weeks and that was playing 12-18 hours a day every day. It's impossible to finish those worlds in a day or two and the crafting quests alone for your gear take a LOT longer than a week.
Each world basicly levels your experience by adding point rewards. If he follow only main quest and has no other distractions except crafting is easy. I am myth school so running trough worlds is easy, with distractions can take you to 6 months of gameplay to Exalted but without distraction you can do it in 5 weeks. Newer worlds are hard to solo so we will take teams in consideration. I myself ended worlds in less then a day (mind that you have to dedicate to questing) lol. Four weeks took me to level 70 then new worlds came and needed 30 levels that's when I stop counting..

If we would talk about ending world in complete mode then it would take you more then month. About regents and crafting I spend my max gold on regents (everything except new regents is 500 value) so crafting is just couple minutes maybe he is doing same idk. I don't remember for sure how much took me to Exalted level but I will say under 6 weeks is possible (I say this cause I am sure Myth school can do it). Six weeks is little pushing the limit cause there are so little hardcore players which would risk their lives to prove that point. You are right Seethe it's impossible from our view but imagine if you had time only for sleeping like 6 hours it could be done even sooner. My record was 5 days without sleep. In 24 hours I passed 2 worlds (don't count wc, krokotopia, mooshu) that can be done in swift move lol. I will say this to everyone don't rush with quests you will get bored later. I am bored cause I done all and I just wait next world.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
1
Ok , and where's the fun?!!!! To just rush along the whole game seems no fun at all.This game is much more than just getting max level in no time.Questing and interact ing with people makes the charm of this game that's why it is a MMO, although we could play puzzle or whatever else.
And yes,I agree, finding true friends it's pretty hard, just like in real life, people are acting the same unfortunately in game as well.I had some disappointments as well in the past but i'm still enjoing others company even if they not alwais the nicest people. I have some good friends i can count on and hope i'll meet more in the future wich i wish for you too all

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1609
This happened to my team I had back when my life was in mooshu. We teamed up for Mooshu, they went ahead in DS (and finished it to) when I was offline. They caught up to my storm (Middle of Floating Land) and we continued together until one of us reached level 100 in Crescent Beach, they went to Darkmoore and then never logged back on, at least not when I wasn't on!!!
Tyler Battleblade Exalt , this is Rachel Dreamsong Exalt and if your reading this I struggled to find allies and friends to get close to the end of Khrysalis. Log on more and maybe I can forgive you for ABANDONING ME.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
307
aranta on Sep 23, 2015 wrote:
Ok , and where's the fun?!!!! To just rush along the whole game seems no fun at all.This game is much more than just getting max level in no time.Questing and interact ing with people makes the charm of this game that's why it is a MMO, although we could play puzzle or whatever else.
And yes,I agree, finding true friends it's pretty hard, just like in real life, people are acting the same unfortunately in game as well.I had some disappointments as well in the past but i'm still enjoing others company even if they not alwais the nicest people. I have some good friends i can count on and hope i'll meet more in the future wich i wish for you too all
if you finish the game, you just make a new wizard and start over. another entire 100 levels of fun.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
104
omagicspells on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
if you finish the game, you just make a new wizard and start over. another entire 100 levels of fun.
yayy

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
117
i had i friend named allison flame and just abandoned me well i did kinda get weak with school and stuff BUT she did that because i did sidequest and i liked sidequest when she said don't do them i said don't boss me and then she ditched me

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
86
It's nice that your friend came back and helped you, don't you think?
I've got a story or two where my friends didn't maintain their friendships with me, and abandoned me in dungeons.
Your friend came and helped you thru the dungeons, after you got ditched, right?
Isn't that actually nice?
I really like to hear that friends help each other out.
It's a good story for that.
When a wizard gets 10 or 20 pals all trying to complete dungeons, it can get complicated and you can get left in the dust, sometimes.
Your friend came and helped you level thru those dungeons, after you got ditched.
I think this is a good story for pals who care.
I get you were left behind for awhile.
I would have been super upset myself, but, you did have your pal come back and apologize to you for ditching you.
I've never had that happen.
I think it's wonderful.

I'd love to hear more stories like your's.
Cherish your friend-

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
206
I find it hard to believe someone could finish the game in a week or two, especially solo. You have to play over 20 hours a day to probably finish the game in over a week. I don't see how that's possible to do for a whole week. Also, being under levelled and rushing through areas can slow you down because of the increase in difficulty. It is NOT easy being a level 44 in Celestia. I take the game in my own pace, doing all side quests, training pets, spending time with friends. Most of those days, I can easily focus on questing without distractions, but it gets boring completing repetitive quests over for hours. It took me about 6 months to finally complete the game, including a month dedicated towards farming for all Darkmoor gear.

I don't often have questing buddies, I'm usually joining up with people in the same area working on the same quests as me for maybe a day. I did have a questing buddy from the beginning of Avalon to the middle of Khrysalis. We are life and storm, a great combo for getting past the worlds together.
How it worked: We both go through all main quests until one or both of us has to log off. We usually had perfect timing and schedules for going online. If one of us logs on earlier than the other, the early one would either do side quests, or only go ahead by maximum 3 bosses. When the other comes online, the early one would help them catch up and continue their questing together. It worked really well until my questing buddy's membership expired.

I understand why people don't have the patience for questing buddies if they don't come online often or at the same time. It also tempts me to go ahead, but I know that I could quest more efficiently with a good questing buddy and that I can do other things while I wait.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2015
20
seethe42 on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
That's impossible. Playing straight 24 hours a day 7 days a week it would take a little over a month to complete. The fastest I have made it through was about 7 weeks and that was playing 12-18 hours a day every day. It's impossible to finish those worlds in a day or two and the crafting quests alone for your gear take a LOT longer than a week.
I have a lvl hundred storm on another account who power levels me through it, it's very possible when you kill everything within three turns. I have collected a lot of reagents, so I just sell it to my other account in the bazaar. When you play the game a lot you get gold you don't know what to do with, so I farm the bazaar to add to my collection. I always have a lot least a 100 of the main items used for crating, i.e., 379 diamonds, 132 fossils, 156 sunstones , etc, so it's never hard for me to craft anything other than spells, which take a day or two of farming for amber. In the summer time or Christmas break if you'd like you can add one of my noob chars and watch him lvl. My other two accounts are maxed out with chars, so I had to make another one.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
929
You can max a fresh noob in about 10 days (average 6-8 h play time per day) if you are dual boxing or being carried by a max level wiz.

You won't have time to farm waterworks, Tartarus, or TOTH, farm for wyrd-oak staff, loremaster spells, or even finish GH/WT.
You won't be doing any sides except to pick up spells, or if it's easy to stack them with your main story quests.
You probably have another max wiz on that account who can craft for you ahead of where you'll need stuff.
You probably have a decent basic resist and healing pet you can use, and other hand-me-downs like block wands and tc.
Reaching 100 is not the same as reaching 100 with all your extra unlocks, crafted gear, spells, and farmed gear.

If the goal is to be ready for graveyard, you'll probably spend another week or so going back and picking up your utility spells, crafting some block gear, working on your pet, and maxing your train points.

On-topic: My schedule doesn't allow me to play long hours every day. I'll frequently fall in with a group of wiz who all want to quest together, then I'll need to go take care of IRL matters for a bit. When I return, they're far ahead and don't want to stop and help me catch up. I'll pick up with another group and quest up with them.

I have friends from many such groups that come together and pull apart. Some stay close friends, some drift away and do other things.

Only a few times have I come across a player or group I truly didn't get along with. I felt like an outsider and knew they would soon move on without me. Or they were immature and got on my nerves. And a few players just latch on to any wizard with good stats, or a pvp badge, or a pet they want, and tag along until they get what they want, and then they're off doing something else.

Luckily the spiral is a big place and most players are cool with questing in a group.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
125
ChrisIceChrisFire on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
I have a lvl hundred storm on another account who power levels me through it, it's very possible when you kill everything within three turns. I have collected a lot of reagents, so I just sell it to my other account in the bazaar. When you play the game a lot you get gold you don't know what to do with, so I farm the bazaar to add to my collection. I always have a lot least a 100 of the main items used for crating, i.e., 379 diamonds, 132 fossils, 156 sunstones , etc, so it's never hard for me to craft anything other than spells, which take a day or two of farming for amber. In the summer time or Christmas break if you'd like you can add one of my noob chars and watch him lvl. My other two accounts are maxed out with chars, so I had to make another one.
He's talking about solo. A level lower level + Maxed Storm is not solo.