Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your not getting special tretment!

1
AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
I've noticed lots of complaining about the new dispells. Ice, Fire and Storm have had it for a long time. KI is just making things right. Besides most PVP specalists used up their T (training). points already.

So people saying stuff like "death shouldnt get a dispel" or "Ugh now I cant heal 'cause of entangle".

YOUR NOT GONNA GET SPECIAL TREATMENT so stop crying and go on with playing Wizard101.

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
i hate to be so blunt, but you yelling at them is not helping
they get over it and deal with it eventually and you yelling at them to get over it doesn't rilly help in fact it makes them want to lash out more

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
I think the dispells for myth, life, and death are fair. But not for balance. Balance should continue to be a neutral school.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
The reason I say no dispel for balance is cause people are always upset how unfair balance is, I don't want people to get something by whining. Then they just whine about something else.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
38
Sorry I'm a little behind the times, but I couldn't gather from what you wrote whether or not there is a balance dispel. I thought, based on the update notes, that there is not, but I'm not positive.

I feel that a dispel for balance is necessary, but "unfair", whatever "fair" may be. Balance has always been separate (I might even go so far as to say "aloof") from the other schools. No one really ever talks about Balance's "specialty," other than the fact that it incorporates fire, ice, and storm in some of its spells, and that is has Judgement.

It is my firm opinion that Balance, like myth, has more than one specialty. One specialty is stated above, but my opinion is that its other specialty is the sheer lack of defense against it. There are only two spells that debuff a balance attack. Tower Shield and Weakness (Tower Shield is a spell of Ice, masters of shielding, and Weakness belongs to Balance itself). If everyone had balance shields and could reduce a Judgement without using a Tower Shield or a Weakness, why would you want to choose Balance? It wouldn't be nearly as good as the others.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Thechaosmagician wrote:
i hate to be so blunt, but you yelling at them is not helping
they get over it and deal with it eventually and you yelling at them to get over it doesn't rilly help in fact it makes them want to lash out more


I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
IamLezul wrote:
I think the dispells for myth, life, and death are fair. But not for balance. Balance should continue to be a neutral school.


That is because you just LOVE spamming judgement all day, everyday.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
77296 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
I think the dispells for myth, life, and death are fair. But not for balance. Balance should continue to be a neutral school.


That is because you just LOVE spamming judgement all day, everyday.


*in a sarcastic voice*

Exactly, you know me so well.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
76
IamLezul wrote:
77296 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
I think the dispells for myth, life, and death are fair. But not for balance. Balance should continue to be a neutral school.


That is because you just LOVE spamming judgement all day, everyday.


*in a sarcastic voice*

Exactly, you know me so well.



Wow Okay but guys if Balance is a School of Wizard101 then it should have dispel I mean, it's only fair not sure if they have one or not I've been on that farming but still, Judgement is and has to be the most powerful spell, and what? We have to waste Training points just so we can counter it with tower shield? Even at that for a storm or death it can still kill us. So it's only fair that Balance should keep or get a dispel..

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
76
Angelocean wrote:
The reason I say no dispel for balance is cause people are always upset how unfair balance is, I don't want people to get something by whining. Then they just whine about something else.



Well I don't see how that's fair I mean Balance is school just like the rest of us it's only fair that they get treated the same.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
dood123456 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
The reason I say no dispel for balance is cause people are always upset how unfair balance is, I don't want people to get something by whining. Then they just whine about something else.



Well I don't see how that's fair I mean Balance is school just like the rest of us it's only fair that they get treated the same.


Ok, so lets say you got the dispel, what is gonna be your next thing to whine about? Please tell me.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
76
Angelocean wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
The reason I say no dispel for balance is cause people are always upset how unfair balance is, I don't want people to get something by whining. Then they just whine about something else.



Well I don't see how that's fair I mean Balance is school just like the rest of us it's only fair that they get treated the same.


Ok, so lets say you got the dispel, what is gonna be your next thing to whine about? Please tell me.


Well Angelocean I'll be glad to react to this request. But hint one thing I'm not complaing, I'm simply agreeing or a state of my opinion. I mean every other school has a dispel so why shouldn't Balance? ( notice my calmness when writing this ) and if we got it cool. That would be just jolly if you ask me. Then maybe I could go back and re-buy back all my Training points that I have wasted just to counteract Judgement. Now tell me what is so wrong with that Mr. Angelocean? I mean I just simply told you what you obviously wanted to hear. Did I not?

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
77296 wrote:
I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.


Lol! Oh, 77296, what a font of wisdom and congeniality you are!

What brilliant use of irony to misspell the word "mispelling" [sic] in a rant about someones poor spelling. You're a Genius!

Alas, while you are no doubt revered as a scholar in your middle school (do I detect perhaps Jr. High?), please take into consideration the wide spectrum of ages of folks that post here. This game is geared to a younger target age than most, and, as such, some folks that post here might not be as polished in the art of critical writing as yourself. What is more important that the myriad of writing styles is the content and intent of what is written and, in this case, I think our man Thechaosmagician was clear enough.

So please, before you jump all over a poster for HOW they write, show a little respect and focus on WHAT they write.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle. Mispelling. hehehe....

mlb

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
Caspeen wrote:
77296 wrote:
I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.


Lol! Oh, 77296, what a font of wisdom and congeniality you are!

What brilliant use of irony to misspell the word "mispelling" [sic] in a rant about someones poor spelling. You're a Genius!

Alas, while you are no doubt revered as a scholar in your middle school (do I detect perhaps Jr. High?), please take into consideration the wide spectrum of ages of folks that post here. This game is geared to a younger target age than most, and, as such, some folks that post here might not be as polished in the art of critical writing as yourself. What is more important that the myriad of writing styles is the content and intent of what is written and, in this case, I think our man Thechaosmagician was clear enough.

So please, before you jump all over a poster for HOW they write, show a little respect and focus on WHAT they write.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle. Mispelling. hehehe....

mlb

Thank you!
Seriously i try to cut my words shorter, this allows me to get my point across faster, you know what that's called? it's called the internet, Lots of people like to shorten words to make typing easier
prime examples
lol, rofl, rilly, XD, DX, wat, k, cya, l8r
words lkike these s horter yet still easily understandable

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
dood123456 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
The reason I say no dispel for balance is cause people are always upset how unfair balance is, I don't want people to get something by whining. Then they just whine about something else.



Well I don't see how that's fair I mean Balance is school just like the rest of us it's only fair that they get treated the same.


Ok, so lets say you got the dispel, what is gonna be your next thing to whine about? Please tell me.


Well Angelocean I'll be glad to react to this request. But hint one thing I'm not complaing, I'm simply agreeing or a state of my opinion. I mean every other school has a dispel so why shouldn't Balance? ( notice my calmness when writing this ) and if we got it cool. That would be just jolly if you ask me. Then maybe I could go back and re-buy back all my Training points that I have wasted just to counteract Judgement. Now tell me what is so wrong with that Mr. Angelocean? I mean I just simply told you what you obviously wanted to hear. Did I not?


The whole problem with the Judgement thing is ow long it takes to blade up to one-shot. People don't seem to realize that shields are important, now that the other schools have dispel, not even a week after these new ones came in effct, people are already complaing about the 10 second limit on dungeons. This is why I a against it (BTW, both my post were calm, you just can't tell when youd read). :?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Thechaosmagician wrote:
Caspeen wrote:
77296 wrote:
I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.


Lol! Oh, 77296, what a font of wisdom and congeniality you are!

What brilliant use of irony to misspell the word "mispelling" [sic] in a rant about someones poor spelling. You're a Genius!

Alas, while you are no doubt revered as a scholar in your middle school (do I detect perhaps Jr. High?), please take into consideration the wide spectrum of ages of folks that post here. This game is geared to a younger target age than most, and, as such, some folks that post here might not be as polished in the art of critical writing as yourself. What is more important that the myriad of writing styles is the content and intent of what is written and, in this case, I think our man Thechaosmagician was clear enough.

So please, before you jump all over a poster for HOW they write, show a little respect and focus on WHAT they write.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle. Mispelling. hehehe....

mlb

Thank you!
Seriously i try to cut my words shorter, this allows me to get my point across faster, you know what that's called? it's called the internet, Lots of people like to shorten words to make typing easier
prime examples
lol, rofl, rilly, XD, DX, wat, k, cya, l8r
words lkike these s horter yet still easily understandable


FYI, no one says "rilly". It makes you look like you are 4.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Thechaosmagician wrote:
Caspeen wrote:
77296 wrote:
I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.


Lol! Oh, 77296, what a font of wisdom and congeniality you are!

What brilliant use of irony to misspell the word "mispelling" [sic] in a rant about someones poor spelling. You're a Genius!

Alas, while you are no doubt revered as a scholar in your middle school (do I detect perhaps Jr. High?), please take into consideration the wide spectrum of ages of folks that post here. This game is geared to a younger target age than most, and, as such, some folks that post here might not be as polished in the art of critical writing as yourself. What is more important that the myriad of writing styles is the content and intent of what is written and, in this case, I think our man Thechaosmagician was clear enough.

So please, before you jump all over a poster for HOW they write, show a little respect and focus on WHAT they write.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle. Mispelling. hehehe....

mlb

Thank you!
Seriously i try to cut my words shorter, this allows me to get my point across faster, you know what that's called? it's called the internet, Lots of people like to shorten words to make typing easier
prime examples
lol, rofl, rilly, XD, DX, wat, k, cya, l8r
words lkike these s horter yet still easily understandable


What do you mean cut your words down to get the point across faster it was only one letter!
Besides, the majority of players have all the time in the world to read these things because a lot of players have nothing better to do. I mean "rilly" i was "rofl" and i was like "lol XD" but then i was like "DX" so i said "wat" and then i was like "cya l8r".

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Caspeen wrote:
77296 wrote:
I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.


Lol! Oh, 77296, what a font of wisdom and congeniality you are!

What brilliant use of irony to misspell the word "mispelling" [sic] in a rant about someones poor spelling. You're a Genius!

Alas, while you are no doubt revered as a scholar in your middle school (do I detect perhaps Jr. High?), please take into consideration the wide spectrum of ages of folks that post here. This game is geared to a younger target age than most, and, as such, some folks that post here might not be as polished in the art of critical writing as yourself. What is more important that the myriad of writing styles is the content and intent of what is written and, in this case, I think our man Thechaosmagician was clear enough.

So please, before you jump all over a poster for HOW they write, show a little respect and focus on WHAT they write.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle. Mispelling. hehehe....

mlb


Rilly dude i mean like wat! I would be rofl but right now i'm like DX so i will cya l8r.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
76
Angelocean wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
dood123456 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
The reason I say no dispel for balance is cause people are always upset how unfair balance is, I don't want people to get something by whining. Then they just whine about something else.



Well I don't see how that's fair I mean Balance is school just like the rest of us it's only fair that they get treated the same.


Ok, so lets say you got the dispel, what is gonna be your next thing to whine about? Please tell me.


Well Angelocean I'll be glad to react to this request. But hint one thing I'm not complaing, I'm simply agreeing or a state of my opinion. I mean every other school has a dispel so why shouldn't Balance? ( notice my calmness when writing this ) and if we got it cool. That would be just jolly if you ask me. Then maybe I could go back and re-buy back all my Training points that I have wasted just to counteract Judgement. Now tell me what is so wrong with that Mr. Angelocean? I mean I just simply told you what you obviously wanted to hear. Did I not?


The whole problem with the Judgement thing is ow long it takes to blade up to one-shot. People don't seem to realize that shields are important, now that the other schools have dispel, not even a week after these new ones came in effct, people are already complaing about the 10 second limit on dungeons. This is why I a against it (BTW, both my post were calm, you just can't tell when youd read). :?


Well okay I see your point but as Balance as a school of Wizard101, A school just like the rest of us I think that it is only fair it gets treated the same...

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
161
77296 wrote:
Caspeen wrote:
77296 wrote:
I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.


Lol! Oh, 77296, what a font of wisdom and congeniality you are!

What brilliant use of irony to misspell the word "mispelling" [sic] in a rant about someones poor spelling. You're a Genius!

Alas, while you are no doubt revered as a scholar in your middle school (do I detect perhaps Jr. High?), please take into consideration the wide spectrum of ages of folks that post here. This game is geared to a younger target age than most, and, as such, some folks that post here might not be as polished in the art of critical writing as yourself. What is more important that the myriad of writing styles is the content and intent of what is written and, in this case, I think our man Thechaosmagician was clear enough.

So please, before you jump all over a poster for HOW they write, show a little respect and focus on WHAT they write.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle. Mispelling. hehehe....

mlb


Rilly dude i mean like wat! I would be rofl but right now i'm like DX so i will cya l8r.

erm, what was the point of that? to have the last word?

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Caspeen wrote:
77296 wrote:
I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.


Lol! Oh, 77296, what a font of wisdom and congeniality you are!

What brilliant use of irony to misspell the word "mispelling" [sic] in a rant about someones poor spelling. You're a Genius!

Alas, while you are no doubt revered as a scholar in your middle school (do I detect perhaps Jr. High?), please take into consideration the wide spectrum of ages of folks that post here. This game is geared to a younger target age than most, and, as such, some folks that post here might not be as polished in the art of critical writing as yourself. What is more important that the myriad of writing styles is the content and intent of what is written and, in this case, I think our man Thechaosmagician was clear enough.

So please, before you jump all over a poster for HOW they write, show a little respect and focus on WHAT they write.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle. Mispelling. hehehe....

mlb


It was a typing fault, can't keep up with my amazing typing skills :-)

And by the way his post looked, i doubt he was a younger member of the Wizard101 community, either that or he is a younger member and is trying to act mature on the message boards.

"i hate to be so blunt, but you yelling at them is not helping
they get over it and deal with it eventually and you yelling at them to get over it doesn't rilly help in fact it makes them want to lash out more"~TheChaosMagician

How does this person even know that " it makes them want to lash out more". Has he asked these hundreds of thousands of people in the time between the OP post and his post? Which, in fact, was less than a day.

"i hate to be so blunt" ?????.....I'll leave it to you guys.




Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Lol, its funny to see how one topic can trail to another. This was Fred's original post:

I've noticed lots of complaining about the new dispells. Ice, Fire and Storm have had it for a long time. KI is just making things right. Besides most PVP specalists used up their T (training). points already.

So people saying stuff like "death shouldnt get a dispel" or "Ugh now I cant heal 'cause of entangle".

YOUR NOT GONNA GET SPECIAL TREATMENT so stop crying and go on with playing Wizard101.


So tell me how a post about dispells has begun to turn into a grammar war involving a hunt for who's in "this age group" and who's in "that". Oh, joy!

I apologize, Fred, but your post isn't working the way you intended. Ah, the way of the message boards.





Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
IamLezul wrote:
Lol, its funny to see how one topic can trail to another. This was Fred's original post:

I've noticed lots of complaining about the new dispells. Ice, Fire and Storm have had it for a long time. KI is just making things right. Besides most PVP specalists used up their T (training). points already.

So people saying stuff like "death shouldnt get a dispel" or "Ugh now I cant heal 'cause of entangle".

YOUR NOT GONNA GET SPECIAL TREATMENT so stop crying and go on with playing Wizard101.


So tell me how a post about dispells has begun to turn into a grammar war involving a hunt for who's in "this age group" and who's in "that". Oh, joy!

I apologize, Fred, but your post isn't working the way you intended. Ah, the way of the message boards.




Haha i thought the same.

People this is not a angry ELA (English Language Arts) Convention

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
you know i might've thought of an example like if you were bird and a human got a shield wouldnt it be fair if you got one too? i mean dispelling balance( and im not complaining here) would be fair also dispelling storm would be ok too. i've heard of the spell wild bolt? now isnt that a great spell?( im being sarcastic) that spell would ko you in a turn... sound fair? dont think so. unless you can lower the wild bolt accuracy more, put guard spells up,and if your not a ice student waste your T. points and get a tower shield, your pretty much right to be called 'dead'. Well anyways what im saying is exactly like other posts it would be right to dispell that :?

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
77296 wrote:
Caspeen wrote:
77296 wrote:
I hate to be so blunt, but you being unable to use proper grammar and mispelling a lot of words means that i am not able to "rilly" understand your comment.


Lol! Oh, 77296, what a font of wisdom and congeniality you are!

What brilliant use of irony to misspell the word "mispelling" [sic] in a rant about someones poor spelling. You're a Genius!

Alas, while you are no doubt revered as a scholar in your middle school (do I detect perhaps Jr. High?), please take into consideration the wide spectrum of ages of folks that post here. This game is geared to a younger target age than most, and, as such, some folks that post here might not be as polished in the art of critical writing as yourself. What is more important that the myriad of writing styles is the content and intent of what is written and, in this case, I think our man Thechaosmagician was clear enough.

So please, before you jump all over a poster for HOW they write, show a little respect and focus on WHAT they write.

Oh, and thanks for the chuckle. Mispelling. hehehe....

mlb


It was a typing fault, can't keep up with my amazing typing skills :-)

And by the way his post looked, i doubt he was a younger member of the Wizard101 community, either that or he is a younger member and is trying to act mature on the message boards.

"i hate to be so blunt, but you yelling at them is not helping
they get over it and deal with it eventually and you yelling at them to get over it doesn't rilly help in fact it makes them want to lash out more"~TheChaosMagician

How does this person even know that " it makes them want to lash out more". Has he asked these hundreds of thousands of people in the time between the OP post and his post? Which, in fact, was less than a day.


How does anyone know that it "makes them lash out more"?
Hmm... could be every day observations?

Think it over. If I punched you in the nose would you just stand there and say, "You're right. I should do what you say and just keep quiet about it."
I don't think so!

"i hate to be so blunt" ?????.....I'll leave it to you guys.

"I hate to be so blunt" but I think your post has been killed and stepped on.
Anyone can use their brain and figure out how most people react to yelling and/or harsh words.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 45 Balance/Ice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If yuo cn raed tihs, it porves tht yuo dn't need to splel for peple to raed it.
It has bn prvd taht te brane can figre owt wrds evn if teyre not spleled rite.

1