Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You, PvP, and the "new" critical system

2
AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Intrepidatius on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
I got together with some friends of mine today to test some pvp mechanics, and here is what we found:

1) We pitted a level 5 Death with a quad crit pet, against a level 100 Life with decent block (290), and a conviction up. In the match the death just used basic low-level attacks, with no other boosts to crit. In the match he landed 4 criticals, none of which were blocked by the life wizard with conviction up! This is the critical system you introduced in test, and allowed to come to the live realm? Seriously !?! KI you owe every paying customer of this game an apology, and need to take this down asap. Unbelievable.
I see your point, but FYI(in case u didnt k): Conviction only gives 20 extra block now.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Please make this new critical and block system pvp only, KI. I'm loosing friends off my list--a majority of them irl. I dont know how to stress this enough. Please make the system pvp only or do something because i have until Feb. 18 to try to convince you to get the system fixed. If not, my two best irl friends leave the game and they moved so i only talk to them through the game. I had to literally beg them to stay for 4 more months. Please do something. Make it PvP only.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
46
Shadow 343 on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Please make this new critical and block system pvp only, KI. I'm loosing friends off my list--a majority of them irl. I dont know how to stress this enough. Please make the system pvp only or do something because i have until Feb. 18 to try to convince you to get the system fixed. If not, my two best irl friends leave the game and they moved so i only talk to them through the game. I had to literally beg them to stay for 4 more months. Please do something. Make it PvP only.
You know this post is about the new system ruining PvP, right?

Survivor
Jun 02, 2015
8
Honestly. This new critical system broke pvp and questing. Please change it back!

Squire
May 10, 2013
505
Hmm, that's a first. Many posts and I haven't been quoted.

I loved the other system, and they didn't make it fair, they made it broken.
The reason why this other system is bad as it just plainly decreases the chance to block
but critical (for me) roughly stayed the same for mobs. For example, if a person has 450 crit, he might block it with 80 block, which is probably the reason they changed it, as this is the reason for the "all or nothing" system they talked about in the updates.

But KI, please bring the old system back!

~PlayHard~

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
22
This Critical and Block update has a good side too.

Recently, I was fighting a boss in Azteca (I can't remember who), and it had over 15,000 health and strong attacks (obviously), yet when I used Efreet upon the boss, the boss did not use a critical block upon me.

And if your talking on how the update is 'bad', you must be focused on the PVP side of this critical and block update.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
Here is some more conclusive testing: Critical and Block

Personally I am ok with the new system.
I agree with you @Eric Strormbringer

I Fine With new critical and new critical block and not everything have to be involved with pve/pvp because nobody wouldn't care about pvp/pve because impossible for people get a warlord badge every time you try keep losing rank more more when try to win one but others won't give up when try fight them hard as you can but others people make it so, hard because impossible for others to defeated them!

people complain about overpower talent (shadow magic wouldn't exist) people didn't complain about immunity?

storm school first school started immunity (not wizard) there once started couldn't pass mirror lake but storm spider at end of dungeon because storm spider O.K. allot storm wizard so, complain about heath because jealous of ice because more heath able live longer in duel!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
1
retro980 on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
Honestly. This new critical system broke pvp and questing. Please change it back!
I agree crit system is broken please change it back. High ranked grand PvP vs exalt is bad enough now they literally have no chance against exalts because they new Crit system. Or grand vs grand like for example I get crit on with 115 block...

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
46
People saying they're okay with new system clearly aren't thinking about every aspect. It completely destroys mid level PvP, and the majority of PvP is done at mid level.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2015
3
I swear the new system is like if you have 10% critical chance and you critical... Once they critical, they got a 50 50 shot at landing through a dude with 50% critical. I am not liking this because a level 30 can critical over a level 80 if they simply pull off a critical.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
AlexHeart01 on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you my friend. I think the old critical block system was jsut fine. Atleast it was better than what we have now in today's release. Plz either chance the new system or just let us keep the old system which was way better than what we got today
not really and I like new critical (Not everything be Involved PVP) rather want pvp be remove people complain on everything some they want that they don't like! but kingsisle games there join want to do! unless want people say: storm overpower to much talent for everything and happy chance new critical system but wish nerf more to storm then others school because storm annoying sometime in pvp! way way way way overpower to much much much much talent!

make tournament match and rule I would put: NO spell involved shadow magic except snowball barrage because same as tempest spell and don't want use snowball barrage and storm isn't allow use there tempest!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
17
I am an grand warlord. I just lost 5 times in a row against Legendary Storms. Insane bolt landed on me every single time! Wild bolt spam, then Insane bolt! All critical went through. I have your normal Glendemming gear with some jewels. But give me a break! This critical system works for Storms, obviously. How do I compete with that? I don't consider it skill when someone just has to spam 2 or 3 pip spells, with critical EVERY TIME, to beat me. Why the new system Kings Isle? Any explanation?

2