Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You have got to be kidding me

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I know there have been many many posts about legends teaming up with low level wizzys, normally I would not reiterate what others have already complained endlessly about, but this was just ridiculous.

My good friend and I decided we wanted to try pvping on our level 10 myth characters; we are privates on these characters. The instant we sign up we get called to the arena. Low and behold we are fighting against a legend and a low level. We ended up losing 24 points.

Can someone please explain how in ANY circumstance a level 10 is supposed to have and even fight with a level 60, regardless of the other teammate’s level?
Jasmine Rosepetal
Level 60 Storm
Level 60 Life
Level 60 Balance
Level 60 Fire
Level 58 Ice
Level 10 Myth

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
It's a sad song but I'll sing it for you. The system averages the level and rank of the two opponents and finds a match based on that average. Being that you and the other initiate were privates the legend had to have severly downranked (probably close to rank 1) to do a matching system exploit. See in the eyes of the system that subprivate legend was an even match for a 500 rank private who is only level 10. More than likely your opponents were the same person.

I see this happening so much in 2vs2, and I tend to steer clear of it for exactly that reason. 2vs2 is broken for low level pvp plain and simple if you want to fight with people your level.

I brought up the idea of limiting the level gap in between partners to 20 levels but maybe a solution lies somewhere else. For now the only thing you can do is

A) only use high level opponents
B) resort to this great tactic yourself and create a legnoob team (don't)
Or c) just avoid 2vs2 like myself
Oh and D) a very skilled magus team with full arena gear may be able to hold ground, that's if they can dodge criticals like the matrix.

Sry you asked for it ;)

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
pinky451 wrote:

Can someone please explain how in ANY circumstance a level 10 is supposed to have and even fight with a level 60

Hi Pinky,

Unfortunately, the answer to that question is that you're not supposed to have an 'even match'. That's exactly why people do that. They want the advantage, and will do whatever it takes to get it.

Based on my own experiences I find that ranked PvP is a dirty game. There once was a time when high ranking players actually earned their position by use of skill and strategy (pre CL).

The whole PvP thing seems like a new generation or something. The Warlords now all have gotten their title by use of treasure cards, or my personal fave, using a Life wizard to get them there.

Perhaps we should get rid of the Warlord title, and replace it with a more accurate one, such as 'Treasure Card Champion' and/or 'Life Support'?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's a flaw in the system that some people exploit. It's been there for a long time. Fixing it will just make something else break. In the almost 20 years I've been playing online RPGs, I've never known PvP to be fully balanced and fair. There are always ways to exploit it.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
Sadly, you aren't supposed to have a chance. Which is why low levels with no skill need carried through the ranks in such a fashion.

Kudos for not being one of them. Eventually KI 'might' fix this. Don't hold your breath though.

::Edit::
I completely agree with changing the Warlord title to 'TreasureCard Champion' or maybe even "1-hit Pet Wonder" would be more appropriate.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
travisAk wrote:
It's a sad song but I'll sing it for you. The system averages the level and rank of the two opponents and finds a match based on that average. Being that you and the other initiate were privates the legend had to have severly downranked (probably close to rank 1) to do a matching system exploit. See in the eyes of the system that subprivate legend was an even match for a 500 rank private who is only level 10. More than likely your opponents were the same person.

I see this happening so much in 2vs2, and I tend to steer clear of it for exactly that reason. 2vs2 is broken for low level pvp plain and simple if you want to fight with people your level.

I brought up the idea of limiting the level gap in between partners to 20 levels but maybe a solution lies somewhere else. For now the only thing you can do is

A) only use high level opponents
B) resort to this great tactic yourself and create a legnoob team (don't)
Or c) just avoid 2vs2 like myself
Oh and D) a very skilled magus team with full arena gear may be able to hold ground, that's if they can dodge criticals like the matrix.

Sry you asked for it ;)

they need to use a weighted average rather than a simple average