Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Yes, another PvP rant.

1
AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Many of you will probably say "use pierce!" or "convert!" or "infection!" but its not the solution. First off, the jade gear is insane and needs a nerf, or just cap resist to 40-50% for PvP. Then the ice gear can get immunity to 2 schools, and still have 50 universal, which is insane. I realize ice is the defensive school, but 5000 health, immunity to 2 schools and 50 universal resist is insanely overpowered and should get a nerf. Then the healing boosts, it needs a cap, maybe 35% each. It makes people angry when they finally deal 1000 damage on a jade gear player, only for a pet to heal it all off, even through infection or doom. So what I am saying is, Kingsisle, please fix PvP.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Many of you will probably say "use pierce!" or "convert!" or "infection!" but its not the solution. First off, the jade gear is insane and needs a nerf, or just cap resist to 40-50% for PvP. Then the ice gear can get immunity to 2 schools, and still have 50 universal, which is insane. I realize ice is the defensive school, but 5000 health, immunity to 2 schools and 50 universal resist is insanely overpowered and should get a nerf. Then the healing boosts, it needs a cap, maybe 35% each. It makes people angry when they finally deal 1000 damage on a jade gear player, only for a pet to heal it all off, even through infection or doom. So what I am saying is, Kingsisle, please fix PvP.
Personally, pets are just kind of overpowered in general in Pvp. as it is, I normally do pvp with my 15% universal 10% storm pet with unicorn and fairy, and I have had times when I'll leave for 5 minutes and come back and the opponent has Fled/shield spammed just in case/not done any damage. Kingsisle needs to just say "Unfortunately, pets are pacifists and Wizard lovers, and will no longer help their owner to fight other humans." This would get all us Jade spammers down to 59% to a max of about 67% resist, which you can hit through pretty easily. A resist cap isn't the solution in my opinion, its just making the resistance to that amount a thing of the past. Immunity I have a little problem with, but I honestly wouldn't mind if it was capped at 99%. But when you hit someone, you shouldn't get a "Immune" message, ever. Healing boosts you have to sacrifice other stats for, I don't have a problem for it especially if Kingsisle removes pets in pvp. And going out of order here, but yes, anyone saying "Use Pierce", Convert, or infection, must not pvp or only does pvp at the 10-30 level. I give your rant a 5/5.

Mason ShadowwwraithPromethean

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
76
Dude, that's life. Just deal with it, ice is getting pretty dominant in pvp, so don't play it if you have a problem with it.

good day.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Lachjdk on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Dude, that's life. Just deal with it, ice is getting pretty dominant in pvp, so don't play it if you have a problem with it.

good day.
Lachjdk, no one should have immunity to 2 schools. EVER. While still having 50% universal, and we should quit playing because of ice. Yeah....no.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
4
The only thing that sucks and makes pvp unfair is Treasure Cards, I really think that taking them out of pvp would show if the people using them actually have skill, please ban all treasure cards from pvp.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
I find it most amusing when people want things nerfed.

The thing is, this game is about PvE, not PvP. If gear or spells were nerfed in any way, it would affect how people play PvE, which is the main focus of Wizard101.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
109
people still PvP at Promethean?
Converts people their universal resist is lower

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
JEFFandJANE on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
people still PvP at Promethean?
Converts people their universal resist is lower
If someone doesn't know how to reshield to kill a convert, they deserve to lose.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
6
Critical , treasure , pets talents , continued enchantments to higher as colossus etc, and one big issue the fan did not create wizards more and more things are being made by we as when kingid are the ones creating the game at this rate no one wins ever .to much resist to much power unfair spells accuracy drops so bad storm hardly fizzle its all said and done as it will grisly alway continue as the fact remains is you can never satisfy every one. over billions of people play yet kingside is not focus on making the game any more if not creating fan game failed as a previous and great sample " gears of war "Franchise came to a drastic drop after they decisd some where quote that they went and tryed something different to give the players what they want player don't create we play enjoy or hate and rant on as we wait unrestless or restless for the next game to rant on

What's next after they fix the resist I'm more than positive storm will and is the next target
As many storm people I'm sure know as resist drops they know they gain the most of an advantage due to the fact when ice drops so does every other school witch is true if the resist drop in all you gain attacks that are more effective dropping even the highest of health it a short and fast strike

Even life suffers probably the most due to its resent resist plus large heals vanish to staying alive

Kings idle this is your game fix it how you want it and for fans should be consideration to what could be the next big thing in wizards

And all other schools plz realize there is no fix as in there is always going to be conflict after all it is pvp

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Blitzzzz1 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Critical , treasure , pets talents , continued enchantments to higher as colossus etc, and one big issue the fan did not create wizards more and more things are being made by we as when kingid are the ones creating the game at this rate no one wins ever .to much resist to much power unfair spells accuracy drops so bad storm hardly fizzle its all said and done as it will grisly alway continue as the fact remains is you can never satisfy every one. over billions of people play yet kingside is not focus on making the game any more if not creating fan game failed as a previous and great sample " gears of war "Franchise came to a drastic drop after they decisd some where quote that they went and tryed something different to give the players what they want player don't create we play enjoy or hate and rant on as we wait unrestless or restless for the next game to rant on

What's next after they fix the resist I'm more than positive storm will and is the next target
As many storm people I'm sure know as resist drops they know they gain the most of an advantage due to the fact when ice drops so does every other school witch is true if the resist drop in all you gain attacks that are more effective dropping even the highest of health it a short and fast strike

Even life suffers probably the most due to its resent resist plus large heals vanish to staying alive

Kings idle this is your game fix it how you want it and for fans should be consideration to what could be the next big thing in wizards

And all other schools plz realize there is no fix as in there is always going to be conflict after all it is pvp
Someone always has to win. I believe you mean millions, not billions. One billion people is, i believe, about 1/7 of the world's population. Ice is not overpowered. Just use converts, shatter, and other piercing boosts. Also, other schools' resist does not necissarily drop when ice's does. Ice's resist dropped with the azteca crafted gear by several percent. All other school's resist went up at least 1%. Life has probably suffered the least. It got jade gear, probably an even larger complaint than ice's resist gear. Life also gets massive healing boost, guardian spirit, triage, and mass triage. It can just spam heals, blades, and traps, then shatter and OHKO the opponent. I don't call this suffering. All schools have their advantages and disadvantages. Make use of them.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
1
You can easily avoid an ices resist with spells such as infallible and unstopable
-level 60

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
I find it most amusing when people want things nerfed.

The thing is, this game is about PvE, not PvP. If gear or spells were nerfed in any way, it would affect how people play PvE, which is the main focus of Wizard101.
Ok, so you go buy a new updated car, and drive it off the lot, and then notice it only has forward gears, no reverse.
You take it back and say, hey, I can't back up my car now, that it's been updated, please fix it.
Their reply is, well others bought it this way, so your going to have to live with it.
Do you know how frustrating this would be, how hard it would be to drive and park, etc.

Same thing with PVP, Jade Gear players are up to 94 resist across the Board, for all wizards.
I brought my Wizards up to level 80, but now Jade gear makes it a waste of time to PVP.
The only reason I brought my Wizard up to 80, was to PVP, and now it's a waste of time.

I have no problem with ICE's high resist to Fire and Storm, guess why? I really think that Ice needs
that resist, because I can generate some real damage with my Fire and Storm.... and anyone that knows
how to play the game, knows this.

Having Universal resist at 94 % is just too high, you cannot beat someone at this level (80 or 90) when
they generate a beta fish which is not that hard, put on Jade Gear, add the Guardian Spirit spell,
boost their Heal to 100% or so,,,,, get the picture..... I feel it's a mistake that KI overlooked, and needs to
correct......

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
myth wiz 05 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
You can easily avoid an ices resist with spells such as infallible and unstopable
-level 60
But what if ice does the same? With icespear, infallible treasure and unstoppable, a storm or fires resist can be brought down to zero resist or near zero. Ice can also shield off converts and they still have high resist even if we do pierce. Something is wrong when a colossal link does only 16 damage and 22 per tick out of 5000 health, not to mention that they can have immunity to 2 schools now.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
guys why does everyone want resist out of pvp? people who use jade gear are suffering with their other stats and you yourself have mentioned plenty of ways to beat it

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
315
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
But what if ice does the same? With icespear, infallible treasure and unstoppable, a storm or fires resist can be brought down to zero resist or near zero. Ice can also shield off converts and they still have high resist even if we do pierce. Something is wrong when a colossal link does only 16 damage and 22 per tick out of 5000 health, not to mention that they can have immunity to 2 schools now.
No one has ever complained about schools having resist to their two schools of the same type: Ice Storm/Fire, Fire Ice/Storm, Storm Ice/Fire.

Sigh...

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
No one has ever complained about schools having resist to their two schools of the same type: Ice Storm/Fire, Fire Ice/Storm, Storm Ice/Fire.

Sigh...
Your right, they shouldn't be complaining about the resist of the other two schools.
Yes, Ice has high resist to Fire and Storm, but they are the highest hitting, highest
damage schools in the Game. They can increase their damage way beyond what the
Ice school can resist. I have seen fire and Storm do huge damage (one hit KO's),
even though shields.

I gotta say "Sigh" also, because Fire and Storm players should be the last players in the
game to complain.......
Btw, I have a Storm level 90 and a Fire, and they can destroy Ice, or anyone else.
I will say, it's not always easy, but it's not suppose to be, this is level 90 PVP.

My only bug is the Jade player with the Beta fish, sitting at 94 Resist.
This is very unfair when you have a death, life, Balance, Myth or Ice against them.
Imo, this is just unfair in 1v1, and just ruins it for everyone.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Veracity8 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so you go buy a new updated car, and drive it off the lot, and then notice it only has forward gears, no reverse.
You take it back and say, hey, I can't back up my car now, that it's been updated, please fix it.
Their reply is, well others bought it this way, so your going to have to live with it.
Do you know how frustrating this would be, how hard it would be to drive and park, etc.

Same thing with PVP, Jade Gear players are up to 94 resist across the Board, for all wizards.
I brought my Wizards up to level 80, but now Jade gear makes it a waste of time to PVP.
The only reason I brought my Wizard up to 80, was to PVP, and now it's a waste of time.

I have no problem with ICE's high resist to Fire and Storm, guess why? I really think that Ice needs
that resist, because I can generate some real damage with my Fire and Storm.... and anyone that knows
how to play the game, knows this.

Having Universal resist at 94 % is just too high, you cannot beat someone at this level (80 or 90) when
they generate a beta fish which is not that hard, put on Jade Gear, add the Guardian Spirit spell,
boost their Heal to 100% or so,,,,, get the picture..... I feel it's a mistake that KI overlooked, and needs to
correct......
Specifically going to Target the "Jade Gear players 94 Universal resist" part, because this is misguided/plain faced lying. Take Level 90 Jade gear, 21% 22% 16%, and your at 59% universal. 5% heartsteel 3% elissa chill band and your all the way up to 67% universal. Then lets say your absolutely amazing at pet breeding, and have a 250 all stat pet with Spell-Proof/Defy and Mighty, Unshakeable, and Relentless. Your pet would be at 355 Strength, 250 Intelligence, 335 Agility, 250 Will, 250 Power. Put that into the equations for Spell-Proof ((Str+Agi)2)+Pwr/125 and Defy ((Str+Agi)2)+Pwr/250, and you'll end up with a pet resistance of 14%(Rounded) and 7% (Rounded). 21% added to 67% equals 88%. I have only ever seen ONE person who has that much resist. I have however seen several people with 82% universal 97% elemental. Now I'm going to go over the rest of your statement; not quite sure why you think a beta fish is a very good idea, it gives LEVIATHAN for goodness sakes, no one needs that. Jade gear you still only get 82% tops unless they're an extremist, and lets say they use the Mandolin of Evermore 90+. Jade hat gives 5% incoming 4% outgoing, Jade robe gives 4% outgoing, Jade boots give 8% incoming 4% outgoing, and Mandolin of Evermore gives 9% incoming 13% outgoing (picked this wand because it gives Guardian Spirit, which you commented about). Then if they are still going for the high resist we already covered, then Heartsteel gives no healing boost and Elissa's Chill Band gives 4% incoming. And they are using a deck with 1% incoming. Statistics are as shown;
Health(Promethean Ice with Life mastery): Approximately 4639(Don't have the Deck health off the top of my head, took a guess at 54)
Damage:0
Resistance:82%(Assuming they didn't go extreme, and have the other slots filled with may casts and the like)
Accuracy:0
Power Pip:60%
Block:170 universal 224 ice
Critical:0
Incoming/Outgoing heal:27/25.

Now lets go ahead and assume at this point your going to decide to post that you meant they were using Healing Ring and Athame. If they did that, they would have instead about a 64/61 healing, and only 74% resistance. Went for resistance first since that was the main exaggeration you made. When you post, never lie, as it lets on to everyone who haven't a clue what your talking about, and are merely raging on Jade Gear and want easier wins.

(Always take cars for test drives before you buy them. Additionally, you could probably find grounds for a lawsuit for false advertising if you tried.)

Mason ShadowwraithJadist

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
No one has ever complained about schools having resist to their two schools of the same type: Ice Storm/Fire, Fire Ice/Storm, Storm Ice/Fire.

Sigh...
Because it lowers universal resist, and they don't have 5000 health like ice does. Ice can achieve immunity to storm/fire while having 5000 health and 50 universal. Other schools can achieve immunity, but not immunity to 2 schools, 50 universal resist and 5000 health at once.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
23
Resists...
Ok, my first attack is set on jade gear.

Here are my friend's stats
Level:90
School:Life
Health:3726
Damage:0%
Universal Resist:72%
Heal In: 63%
Heal Out:61%
Power Pip:51%
Accuracy:6%
Critical:65
Block:213

A primordial satyr would give the equivalent of about 4333 health with his resist (no pierce).

Now to a random ices stats that I saw...

Level:80
School:Ice
Health:4787
Damage:21% ice damage
Storm Resist:101%
Fire Resist:100%
Ice Resist:53%
Every other School Resist:43%
Heal In:21%
Heal Out:12%
Power Pip:53%
Accuracy:6% ice
Critical:137 ice
Block: 171 ice, 117 everything else

If she carried a far amount of cleanse wards for your converts, and you were that unlucky fire or storm.

Good game.

Enough Said...

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
sparkypingpong on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
The only thing that sucks and makes pvp unfair is Treasure Cards, I really think that taking them out of pvp would show if the people using them actually have skill, please ban all treasure cards from pvp.
Treasure cards are more unfair than immunity to 2 schools, 5000 health 50 universal and jade gear users who have 70% resist universal? No, it is not. I disagree with this, if we take away treasure cards then OH NO! A magus/master team is fighting a puppet team! But they have no treasure cards to help them win! Treasure cards are not the main issue, jade gear and ice gear is.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
7
..so many things in pvp stink..tc don't bother me.. they run out..but dispels are so annoying they should be banned ..people just sit dipels and u sit and wait to die..seems pretty unfair to me..it is suppose to be a FIGHT a Duel ..not sit and wait..i spend the whole match getting off dispels..spammers are annoying too but cant remove those idiots...but DISPELS should also be BANNED..THANKS

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
45
Everyone has different opinions on what is the most annoying, what should be banned, etc. KI can't please everyone, so there's really no point in complaining. What gets on your nerves is your business, guys, but it's not the same for everyone. If KI really did try to solve everyone's problems, there would be nothing left of Wizard101. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 10 Thank you for your time.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
1320Wraith on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Specifically going to Target the "Jade Gear players 94 Universal resist" part, because this is misguided/plain faced lying. Take Level 90 Jade gear, 21% 22% 16%, and your at 59% universal. 5% heartsteel 3% elissa chill band and your all the way up to 67% universal. Then lets say your absolutely amazing at pet breeding, and have a 250 all stat pet with Spell-Proof/Defy and Mighty, Unshakeable, and Relentless. Your pet would be at 355 Strength, 250 Intelligence, 335 Agility, 250 Will, 250 Power. Put that into the equations for Spell-Proof ((Str+Agi)2)+Pwr/125 and Defy ((Str+Agi)2)+Pwr/250, and you'll end up with a pet resistance of 14%(Rounded) and 7% (Rounded). 21% added to 67% equals 88%. I have only ever seen ONE person who has that much resist. I have however seen several people with 82% universal 97% elemental. Now I'm going to go over the rest of your statement; not quite sure why you think a beta fish is a very good idea, it gives LEVIATHAN for goodness sakes, no one needs that. Jade gear you still only get 82% tops unless they're an extremist, and lets say they use the Mandolin of Evermore 90+. Jade hat gives 5% incoming 4% outgoing, Jade robe gives 4% outgoing, Jade boots give 8% incoming 4% outgoing, and Mandolin of Evermore gives 9% incoming 13% outgoing (picked this wand because it gives Guardian Spirit, which you commented about). Then if they are still going for the high resist we already covered, then Heartsteel gives no healing boost and Elissa's Chill Band gives 4% incoming. And they are using a deck with 1% incoming. Statistics are as shown;
Health(Promethean Ice with Life mastery): Approximately 4639(Don't have the Deck health off the top of my head, took a guess at 54)
Damage:0
Resistance:82%(Assuming they didn't go extreme, and have the other slots filled with may casts and the like)
Accuracy:0
Power Pip:60%
Block:170 universal 224 ice
Critical:0
Incoming/Outgoing heal:27/25.

Now lets go ahead and assume at this point your going to decide to post that you meant they were using Healing Ring and Athame. If they did that, they would have instead about a 64/61 healing, and only 74% resistance. Went for resistance first since that was the main exaggeration you made. When you post, never lie, as it lets on to everyone who haven't a clue what your talking about, and are merely raging on Jade Gear and want easier wins.

(Always take cars for test drives before you buy them. Additionally, you could probably find grounds for a lawsuit for false advertising if you tried.)

Mason ShadowwraithJadist
1320 Wraith,

Again, going on a personal attack, can't you get away from that. Remember in school, back in like
3rd grade, "No Put downs", that what I was taught. First year of College, the first thing you get taught, is
attack the issues, not the person. Please, save your personal attacks for the battlefield, in PVP.

Imo, there is only two reasons why a person would attack another poster on a personal basis.

1. The person that is attacking is to young to understand what he or she is doing.
2. The person attacking is very immature in their knowledge set, and needs to grow it.

I base this directly from a Psychology 101 course, which I have taken.

Now, lets move to you stating that I lied. Please go over to Central, and take a look at my posting in PVP.
I have posted the last two battles that I did against Jades.
Please take a look at the Pictured Resist of both Postings, and you will clearly see two things,

1. The resist is 93% on both players.
2. You just ate crow again, because you are absolutely wrong in your above posting.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Veracity8 on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
1320 Wraith,

Again, going on a personal attack, can't you get away from that. Remember in school, back in like
3rd grade, "No Put downs", that what I was taught. First year of College, the first thing you get taught, is
attack the issues, not the person. Please, save your personal attacks for the battlefield, in PVP.

Imo, there is only two reasons why a person would attack another poster on a personal basis.

1. The person that is attacking is to young to understand what he or she is doing.
2. The person attacking is very immature in their knowledge set, and needs to grow it.

I base this directly from a Psychology 101 course, which I have taken.

Now, lets move to you stating that I lied. Please go over to Central, and take a look at my posting in PVP.
I have posted the last two battles that I did against Jades.
Please take a look at the Pictured Resist of both Postings, and you will clearly see two things,

1. The resist is 93% on both players.
2. You just ate crow again, because you are absolutely wrong in your above posting.
Not quite sure how this is a personal attack; Misguided/lying is true, 93-94% universal resist is impossible. Your reply post implying immaturity or youth is a lot more offensive then my stating that you are misguided and/or lying. And if you truly managed to find someone with a 93-94% universal resistance, then just post the link as I would love to see it(Pretty sure central was one of the places Kingsisle lets you link to). Again, I'm not believing 93% universal resistance unless I can see it, and see the different clothing parts that allow it to get that high.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
1320Wraith on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Not quite sure how this is a personal attack; Misguided/lying is true, 93-94% universal resist is impossible. Your reply post implying immaturity or youth is a lot more offensive then my stating that you are misguided and/or lying. And if you truly managed to find someone with a 93-94% universal resistance, then just post the link as I would love to see it(Pretty sure central was one of the places Kingsisle lets you link to). Again, I'm not believing 93% universal resistance unless I can see it, and see the different clothing parts that allow it to get that high.
I am at fault, I didn't notice that I had stated 94% Universal in that post, when I wrote it.
My mistake, but it was just that, not a lie, a mistake when I wrote it, I should have reread the post.
I seldom have the time to reread everything that I write on all four W101 boards.
So, I will agree, I made a one word mistake, that I should have removed.

Since you seem to have rough edges, let me show you how to state that a different way.
Since you have no idea if the person just simple stated something wrong, if you misunderstood it,
or if the person stating it didn't really understand what they stated.

A better way to address the issue would have been, "Allow me to address the statement Universal
resist at 94%. I would question if this is possible based on my knowledge base.....etc."

See, there is no reason to attack a person, you can address all issues with manners and a little class.

1