Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Yay! I beat a Magus as a Adept! Wait... 4?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I have recently created a Fire Wizard and have been PvPing a lot with him at lvl 20. At first, it started out fine, I would fight another Private Wizard and would get around 10-20 rank points. But as I got to higher ranks, I started facing more formidable opponents (around 10-15 lvl's higher). Now while I have no problem with facing these opponents, in fact, I enjoy fighting higher lvl wizards. What I don't like is that when I am a Captain and my opponent is a Private and I win, I recieve only 4 points, even if he is 10 lvl's higher then I am

I think the matching system in PvP is phenomenal. However, I don't like that when I am matched against a lvl 35 I only get 4 or 5 points.

I think that if both rank and lvl are used in deciding your next opponent, then they BOTH should be used to decide how much your rank increases. If your rank increase after a match is only based on your opponents rank, compared to yours, then we should only fight wizards of your same lvl.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Well that wouldn't be fair to the magus you were fighting now would it. Think about it, a magus private could be someone that had just started ranked PvP is it really fair that he loses a ton of points because he/she keeps losing to someone that might know PvP a lot more than he/she does.

Trust me PvP experience goes a long way. And it just wouldn't be fair to someone that doesnt know how to PvP or is a little new to it, to fight someone who is a well seasoned veteran(not the rank the actual "you have fought in PvP before") in PvP.

And you know PvP is an all player thing, i mean you see people not like the matching but it is all determined by players so the game can't really control that.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Yes in that respect I agree with you, but if both Lvl and Rank are used in deciding your match, then they both need to be used in deciding how much your rank increases. I agree with you that PvP experience goes a long way in matches, but if they only base how much your rank increases on yours and your opponent rank, then only that should be used in matching.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
You think the matching system is phenomenal? How many matches have you actually done PvP? This is coming from a guy who has around forty more losses then wins in PvP. And whenever I faced a person ten levels higher then me ... I get nearly no points.
I have to admit, it is annoying when something like this happens. But, you can level your character up also. When you hit Legendary (for now) you won't have anyone who's lower level then you.

*************************************************************************************
"Temples? Bah! I clear two temples a day ... Before breakfast." -Linebeck, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Heian wrote:
Yes in that respect I agree with you, but if both Lvl and Rank are used in deciding your match, then they both need to be used in deciding how much your rank increases. I agree with you that PvP experience goes a long way in matches, but if they only base how much your rank increases on yours and your opponent rank, then only that should be used in matching.

This is one of the most intelligent things I have ever read on this board and it echoes the exact same suggestion I posted on "Suggestions for Improving PvP" (closed thread).

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Heian wrote:

Wow great reply you have no idea how many people just want to argue helplessly in these message boards lol. Well yea like has been stated the experience is a huge factor but being that I understand completely where you are coming from and the fact is there just isn't that perfect match for people in ranked pvp all the time or even at any time. So they just throw out some high level low rank at you and like i said it could be a legitimate person who needs that because they are just new to PvP. But you know anything like that people will try to use it to their advantage even if they don't need it... And i always hate saying this but if it does get way to bad you might be forced to either down rank or level..

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Thank You Both for the compliments. I realize that your match-ups are largely based upon who is in line for a PvP match, this is not what I am addressing. What I am trying to address is how much your rank increases in PvP when fighting a Magus wizard. I totally agree that when fighting a experienced PvPer, such as myself (not bragging), it can seem unfair for a new PvPer to lose more then 5 rank points. I am just stating my opinion that it would be more fair if the same things that are used to match up PvP matches would be the same things that decide how much your rank increases.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Heian wrote:
Thank You Both for the compliments. I realize that your match-ups are largely based upon who is in line for a PvP match, this is not what I am addressing. What I am trying to address is how much your rank increases in PvP when fighting a Magus wizard. I totally agree that when fighting a experienced PvPer, such as myself (not bragging), it can seem unfair for a new PvPer to lose more then 5 rank points. I am just stating my opinion that it would be more fair if the same things that are used to match up PvP matches would be the same things that decide how much your rank increases.

Yea I don't see the problem in that. I think it is a good idea.