Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild-bolts:the reason of bolting

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I know all you diviners like to use those wild bolts in pvp, and that's OK with me...however, doing it on lvl 20- can be a different story. I don't like to say this, and trust me diviners, your not going to be too happy! I think they should ban bolts in a storm vs lvl 20- duel. Here's a story(true)of proof:

So I'm a lvl 15 in a battle to the death against a storm. Suddenly, the storm uses a wildbolt. Poof! I'm gone! Smshed! I avoided storm forever! That's my proof

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
o good lord, not another griper! it looks like its time for me to say something ive said about, hmmm, 21 times now?(yes im really counting :P )

first off ,if, for some weird reason, wizard101 heeds ur advice and gets rid of wild bolt to a certain extent, how, pray tell, is that fair? 20s will not be able to use their hard-earned spell just because u got owned by it!??! how about, lets say, we get rid of one of ur spells in exchange.heaven forbid, rite? u should be able to beat the crud out of them while they stand there like a dead fish. wild bolt is perfectly fair.

im sure u have had this lecture, but u could have shielded, u could have weaknessed, u could have done a number of things to stop the bolt.

there are some posts id really like u to read.
"open your eyes and see..."
"an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"

read the above, and if u still stand by ur argument afterward, i will be amazed

Wolf Deathcaller 50 death
Jared Stormblade 50 storm

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I'm NOT a diviner and I dont like this! It is rubbish, what you said because it is completely taking away a right storm wizards have! Wild bolt should be banned just as much as storm wizards should be banned. Which means: No way!

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
zorro11 wrote:
I know all you diviners like to use those wild bolts in pvp, and that's OK with me...however, doing it on lvl 20- can be a different story. I don't like to say this, and trust me diviners, your not going to be too happy! I think they should ban bolts in a storm vs lvl 20- duel. Here's a story(true)of proof:

So I'm a lvl 15 in a battle to the death against a storm. Suddenly, the storm uses a wildbolt. Poof! I'm gone! Smshed! I avoided storm forever! That's my proof

Now lets look at what you just said... your lvl 15. It's not proof of anything that you got smashed. It's your level.

People who are around 10-20 lvls arent exactly high healthed.

Here are some tips:
If you do practice battles move your arrow over the rim of the player circle in the list of games there are to join. This will reveal the persons level.

You can get more health be choosing the right clothes and things. When I was lvl 12 I got a bit over 1,000 health by doing it.

And finally, don't get upset if you lose. I'm level 44 and yet I still get squished. It will happen to everyone.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
I'm NOT a diviner and I dont like this! It is rubbish, what you said because it is completely taking away a right storm wizards have! Wild bolt should be banned just as much as storm wizards should be banned. Which means: No way!
I agree and zorro they wont take bolt away. If you look up a post called a eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth you will need to take something away from all schools.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Wild Bolt only has 10% accuracy too. Unless it is a treasure card than it is like 15-20% accuracy. Like somebody else said banning Wild Bolt is like banning storm. Oh and also banning wild bolt is like banning your number 1 card. It is just not fair.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
using wild bolts dont bother me unless they are using some kind of cheat cause i know there is something out there cause wild bolt fizzles alot most of the time in fact but when i get in pvp and im a grandmaster and another wizard uses it and every singlle turn and it never fizzles that is not good i say use it but are you really winning when your using some cheat to get it to go every single time with out fizzle ?

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
I don't mind if its storm wizard who earned it but i do mind if it is a treasure card

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
i dont agree that storm should have it taken away. but this one post i read gave me a really great thing to hope for.
basically, when you go into ranked, you can choose to pvp with people who can treasure, or people who cant because they cant use it. so basically if you wanna treasure you go with the treasure option (cheap way of winning) or you can choose not to even be allowed to treasure.

if treasure noobs face treasure noobs, its even. if people who can actually win with what they have earned fight people who arent treasure noobs, its even.

oh and they dont have to take away a schools strongest spell. for some schools (death) thats taking away a 500 hit spell. thats not fair. if anything, when or if we get new spells, death and life should get amazing hit spells, while storm and all other schools with super attacks should get a very small hit spell. sure that might be bad for them, but then schools will be a little more even

John Dragonrider,
Grandmaster Necromancer

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
zorro11 wrote:

You are only level 15! Of COURSE you will get pwned by the storm student. Wild Bolt can be a pain in the neck sometimes. Like one time in Ranked, a student casted Wild Bolt 4 times and 3 of them worked. I luckily beat him because I used sacrifice and he used it the fourth time. Even though it worked, I still finished him off and killed him with Wraith. Anyway, it is fair because Wild Bolt is strong but balanced by terrible accuracy and you should level up before going in Pvp, just in case it finally works.

-Anthony Redflame Level 46 Necromancer

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I personally have no issues with wild bolt in PvP as bolt spammers tend to be awful. However, I would like to punish people who use treasure bolts and any other treasures for that matter. Aside from raising the price, the most fair way to do this would be to rework fizzles. Normally if you fizzle with a treasure, no worries. Goes back in the sidebar for the next time. If they made it to where you fizzle and you just lose it for good, people would rethink very carefully how they adjust their play, and would really deter people who use brain-dead non-strats like "spam bolt until I get enough pips for something else".