Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt - Theres Nothing Wrong!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Okay, I have seen loads of people posting this on other forums, but it should be said here...

WHY do people report for Diviners using Wild Bolt?
It is just a spell! Imagine you having your best spell and using it only to be reported! What would you feel? You would be angry too! Now all the reporters made KI turn Wildbolt into a weak spell that almost always does 10 damage. Which makes me come to another question...

WHY did KI change Wild Bolt just for the sake of PvP?
I think it would of been better off banned from PvP! When I was in battle with my friend we needed a hit for the monster to be dead. So he used... yay! Wild Bolt! And it only hit 10 damage. Seriously?

Post what you think in the comments below.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Okay, I have seen loads of people posting this on other forums, but it should be said here...

It is just a spell! Imagine you having your best spell and using it only to be reported! What would you feel? You would be angry too! Now all the reporters made KI turn Wildbolt into a weak spell that almost always does 10 damage. Which makes me come to another question...

I think it would of been better off banned from PvP! When I was in battle with my friend we needed a hit for the monster to be dead. So he used... yay! Wild Bolt! And it only hit 10 damage. Seriously?

Wow. That doesn't sound fair to me. Why should people who false report get what they want? All they really needed was a shield.

Sad...

I hope Kingsisle clamps down harder on those people.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:

It's just another change that Had to be made, otherwise you'd have everyone that's storm doing nothing but 70%+ Bolts.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I'm sorry, but I don't understand why it had to be changed. The orginal only had a 10% chance of accuracy, which means it would have failed most of the time. This means that the high rate of attack actually would have balanced out even for PVP, since most of the time it would not have been a successful hit. Even if you used gear to help increase it's accuracy, how much would it have actually increased to - maybe another 5 or 10%? Still very low odds of hitting.

I think that sometimes KI takes too much into consideration when it comes to PVP. If you really think about it, what percentage of players really play PVP? I am not a fan of it and most of my friends aren't either, so by changing this to satisfy those who do play, isn't fair to us who don't. I think a ban on it would have been a better solution.

Well, what's done is done and all you can do now is make the best of it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Johnist wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

It's just another change that Had to be made, otherwise you'd have everyone that's storm doing nothing but 70%+ Bolts.

No Offense Johnist, but learn what you are talking about, before you decide to post.

You are right though, it is now storm doing nothing but 100% wild bolts, but honestly, learn your math skills. The 70 would have been better, atleast then, there would have been fizzles! But hey, now storm is invincible!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand why it had to be changed. The orginal only had a 10% chance of accuracy, which means it would have failed most of the time. This means that the high rate of attack actually would have balanced out even for PVP, since most of the time it would not have been a successful hit. Even if you used gear to help increase it's accuracy, how much would it have actually increased to - maybe another 5 or 10%? Still very low odds of hitting.

I think that sometimes KI takes too much into consideration when it comes to PVP. If you really think about it, what percentage of players really play PVP? I am not a fan of it and most of my friends aren't either, so by changing this to satisfy those who do play, isn't fair to us who don't. I think a ban on it would have been a better solution.

Well, what's done is done and all you can do now is make the best of it.

Ok, here are the answers to your questions.

at Level 45, storm accuracy is at 15%, plus a possible pet of 5% to 6%.
then add in sniper, a 20% accuracy boost. You get 51%

at Level 58, storm accuracy is at 24%, plus pet.
Then add in unstoppable, a 30% accuracy boost. You get 70%

Now, this is with the old wildbolt, a 70 % chance of doing 1000 damage

A good case to change WildBolt, since it is only a 2 pip spell. But, at least here, it still Fizzles!

Now, let's look at the New Wild Bolt, shall we?

Since, everyone is so good at adding in Boosts, we will add in boosts and not leave anything out, since this seems to be what everyone likes to do. They add in the factors that support their mathmatics, but leave out the ones that don't.

New Wild Bolt = 70% with 10,100, or 1000 damage
add in level 45 gear boosts with pets and add in 175 damage boost

= 91% accurate with 185, 275, or 1175 damage
No where near as good as old wild bolt, because you will hardly ever fizzle, but cast storm bats all the time, with a chance at massive damage.

Now, lets see what happens when a player is Legendary!
add in level 58 gear boosts with pets and add in 250 gargantuan
= 100% accurate with 260, 350, or 1250 damage! Now, at this stage in the game, storm has a 65% boost to damage, if not more, plus a chance at critical hits! a 150 point bonus to critical at that!

Who on earth would use anything but wild bolts? Over 4000 damage on 2 pips! Wow, heck, even on the lowest hit, you can hit for almost the original 1000 damage.

Nope, this game is designed for the higher levels, you want the good stuff, earn it, Level up!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Johnist wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

not at all true, bolts are 1v1 attacks and often don't kill on critical with maxiumum damage even after the maximum damage has been upped from the traditional 1000 base damage

Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
hmmm..... I think the new one is way better than the old one, 10, 100, 1000 all have a 33.3% (or somthing like that) chance better than 10% but you cant really increase accuracy to do an 1000 damage.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:

The answer for the first paragraph is that they are just hateful. And those who do report you, don't worry. You won't get banned because KingsIsle checks the Text Box and see if you really need that ban. Those who false report get themselves in trouble. So don't worry if you get false reported. Oh, and also, if they false report you, don't report them back because you'll just get yourself reported.

Answer for second question: Yes, I hate the new Wild Bolt also. And yes, I do love your idea. If KingsIsle changed Wild Bolt just for PVP, then why didn't they just ban it from PVP. It's just a total rip-off to see the best spell for storm being changed. Would balance wizards like it if you change Judgement to 10 damage per pip?! No, they wouldn't. That's why I want the old Wild Bolt back, but BANNED from PVP.

So, there you have it. :)

Defender
May 18, 2009
I must say, when I heard that KI changed the old wild bolt to the new wild bolt, I thought it was completely fair. But then, I get in a battle in Celestia with my storm friend who has wild bolt in his hand, ready to go, and casts it, and then all of the sudden it does 10 damage. Wow. And guess what? We both die after because all three of the enemies use stormlord. I'm starting to think KI has made the biggest mistake EVER making this change. So what? A few people complain about wild bolt in PvP. OH COME ON PEOPLE! PLEASE CAN WE JUST BE FAIR? It's a spell! You cast it! It defeats you! You're done! No big deal! Who cares if you lose? Don't be sore losers and report the poor guy that cast it! And I mean come on! About 100 out of 1,000,000 players complain about wild bolt in PvP! The 100 who complain get their way! But the rest of the players don't? That's not fair. And if it was, can't we just ban it from PvP and not effect the ENTIRE Spiral? Think about it. :?

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Johnist wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

No Offense Johnist, but learn what you are talking about, before you decide to post.

You are right though, it is now storm doing nothing but 100% wild bolts, but honestly, learn your math skills. The 70 would have been better, atleast then, there would have been fizzles! But hey, now storm is invincible!

Um, yes, I did learn what I was talking about. 70+% chance of hitting with a 1000 damage automatically. Now at least you only have a 33% chance of hitting with the 1000 despite if it goes 100% accurate. You'll be throwing Storm Bats and Storm Sharks more than Leviathans with 2 Pips.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/27895.ftl

That's my post about Wild Bolt. I couldn't tell if Infallible works like Gear Boost or if it works like Charm boost, but I proved you could have gotten the OLD 10% Wild Bolt to over 100% anyways.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Johnist wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Johnist wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Um, yes, I did learn what I was talking about. 70+% chance of hitting with a 1000 damage automatically. Now at least you only have a 33% chance of hitting with the 1000 despite if it goes 100% accurate. You'll be throwing Storm Bats and Storm Sharks more than Leviathans with 2 Pips.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/27895.ftl

That's my post about Wild Bolt. I couldn't tell if Infallible works like Gear Boost or if it works like Charm boost, but I proved you could have gotten the OLD 10% Wild Bolt to over 100% anyways.

Oh ye of little knowledge, must I repeat myself, yet again?

Yes, you can get the old wild bolt over 100% damage, but over how many rounds or how many players boosting you? Ye of little faith!

Yet, By yourself, and with no rounds, you can have 100%! Now, if you like to boost chances of Critical, you can use vengeance = 1 round and +20% or +25% for treasure card! Now, let's see the results again at 100%!

New Wild Bolt, with Gargantuan treasure card, since you can boost the ond one with Unstoppable, I can boost the new one with Gargantuan and you can't whine and cry about it! So, let's see:
260+65% Storm Damage Boost = 429
Now, if you are using Vengeance and storm has 150 critical hit points, then let's double that for 858 points of damage at 100% accuracy with maybe 1 round of Vengeance to ensure you critical! and that is your 10 hit! lets see the other ol intelligent one!
350 = 577.5 or 1155 critical
1250 = 2062.5 or 4125 critical

now, not sure if you noticed, but when storm has 150 critical points and uses vengeance, they critical at least half the time, if not more. I am only saying half, to help out your so called arguement!

now, my wild bolt, after 1 round = 858, 1155, or 4125 if critical
or 429, 578, 2063 all at 100% no possible chance at a fizzle

How many aura can storm carry in deck = 5, and a couple in treasures How many Bolts? And Bolts in TReasures? = You are Toast no matter what school you are! and for those of you that think you are so smart! Oh, I can get armor that protects from storm 65%, ever hear of a convert?

So, not sure where you get your math skills Johnist, but 4 rounds to finally get 100% and 1000 damage all the time, vs lets do non critical for now:
429, 578 you are right, these are not 1000 gauranteed, nor are they 1000 damage, however they are both over 200 damage per pip and 100% accurate off the bat. Now, if you critical this, you get!
858, no you are right, not 1000 damage, but close!
1155, yep, over 1000 damage, off the bat, or one round of vengeance vs 4 rounds to get your bolt up to 1000 damage!
or 4215, Wow and for only 2 pips with 100% accuracy and mabye 1 round of vengeance boost!

Ok arguement sake, but you can critical the old bolt too! ok, let's do that:
1000+65%=1650 so, 3300 damage, but let's see the accuracy after 0 to 1 rounds shall we?
10% + 30% + 30% = 70% off the bat or 80% after 1 round
4125 at 100% accuracy, or 3300 at 80% accuracy? Oh, and, my 1 round is used to vengeance, to increase chance of critical, your one round goes to increase accuracy. LOL, sorry, but you are on the losing end of an arguement!

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010