Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt isn't Wild!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Okay, KI, I posted this on Player vs Player because you changed Wild Bolt for the sake of PvP. Why do you listen to the complainers? Why not listen to the Diviners out there?

Wild Bolt was perfectly fine, and if barely even worked, which was good. When it did work it hit HARD. But then people that didn't have Diviners got jealous and ruined Wild Bolt. Now it isn't that good, so I barely use it!
I have an idea. Can you at least bring Wild Bolt back to normal, but ban it from PvP? The card will show up grey and say "Not useable in PvP!" Either that or make Wild Bolt a bit more Wild.

See ya around the Spiral,
Igloogirl3

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Okay, KI, I posted this on Player vs Player because you changed Wild Bolt for the sake of PvP. Why do you listen to the complainers? Why not listen to the Diviners out there?

Wild Bolt was perfectly fine, and if barely even worked, which was good. When it did work it hit HARD. But then people that didn't have Diviners got jealous and ruined Wild Bolt. Now it isn't that good, so I barely use it!
I have an idea. Can you at least bring Wild Bolt back to normal, but ban it from PvP? The card will show up grey and say "Not useable in PvP!" Either that or make Wild Bolt a bit more Wild.

Igloogirl3

Igloogirl3, not sure what level you are, but, I can help you. What you want to do, is get to level 58 or above. Train Gargantuan, Train Vengeance, buy as many gargantuan treasure cards as you can.

Now, Finish your Crafting quests, all of them and become a Grandmaster Artisan. Then Go to the Grotto and buy the recipe for a storm hat. Then go to the science center and buy the recipe for the storm robe. The Tempest Boots at 58 are fine. Now, once you have crafted your robe and hat, put them on, along with your 58 gear boots. Get the Ring and Athame that give you +21 Pips with Health and Mana.

Now, you are all set. You can use one round to cast vengeance if you like, or just start bolting everything in sight, because you will do massive damage to anything you try and hit.

One more helpful tip, try and get a pet that has storm shot or sure shot that gives 6% accuracy, so that you will have 100% storm accuracy. Also try and have a pet that gives pips. Spritely is a great talent too and Pain Giver or Storm Giver would be the extreme bonus.

Now, you are so tough you will never even remember the old wild bolt, because you will never ever fizzle and you will do over 4000 damage!

Defender
May 17, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Igloogirl3

Igloogirl3, not sure what level you are, but, I can help you. What you want to do, is get to level 58 or above. Train Gargantuan, Train Vengeance, buy as many gargantuan treasure cards as you can.

Now, Finish your Crafting quests, all of them and become a Grandmaster Artisan. Then Go to the Grotto and buy the recipe for a storm hat. Then go to the science center and buy the recipe for the storm robe. The Tempest Boots at 58 are fine. Now, once you have crafted your robe and hat, put them on, along with your 58 gear boots. Get the Ring and Athame that give you +21 Pips with Health and Mana.

Now, you are all set. You can use one round to cast vengeance if you like, or just start bolting everything in sight, because you will do massive damage to anything you try and hit.

One more helpful tip, try and get a pet that has storm shot or sure shot that gives 6% accuracy, so that you will have 100% storm accuracy. Also try and have a pet that gives pips. Spritely is a great talent too and Pain Giver or Storm Giver would be the extreme bonus.

Now, you are so tough you will never even remember the old wild bolt, because you will never ever fizzle and you will do over 4000 damage!

Um darhjt weren't you one of the most frequent complainers on the changes to wild bolt forum? And now you are saying it's fair? Seems kinda wierd to me...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Nope, never said the new WildBolt is fair, just telling her how it can be more powerful than the old wildbolt!

If you actually read my posts about WildBolt, you would know that.

The new wildbolt, once storm has gotten to level 58 is a lot more powerful than the old wildbolt! 100% accuracy doing Mega Damage!

Vs, chances to fizzle and doing less damage! At least, with the old wildbolt, people of lower levels, wont waste pips and time when using wild bolt.

But, all this is already posted, so I am not going to get into it all again.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
with the old wild bolt you could blade up and try to cast it, if it hit it hit hard and with your blades, if it failed you still had your blades and could then switch over to high cast chance 1v1 attack or to a good damage mass attack... the new wild bolt completely ruined that strategy

and although storm players could get their casting percentage up high with the old wild bolt they gave up a lot of damage percent and health to accomplish it, storm has always struggled with equipment as to get anything they want or need they typically have to give up quite a bit for it, and that is why storm with the old wild bolt was almost two seperate classes entirely cause depending on what cards you wanted to rely most upon how you would equip yourself to achieve your goals was quite a bit different

by changing the old wild bolt, Wizard101 effectively tossed away an entire class of storm wizard players while simultaneously nerfing the play strategy of those who used a low percent wild bolt as a fun and interesting part of their mass attack play strategy

if casting accuracy was a problem, the better solution would have been to disallow the use of targeting enhancement cards upon wild bolt rather than changing it... heck the only card that accuracy enhancement cards really helped was wild bolt in the first place and I really don't think anyone would miss the accuracy enhancement cards at all cause no one that I know even uses them

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Now lets look at 4v4 PvP... At over 60% equipment damage I can't even kill most players on the first turn with the new wild bolt when it hits at critical and at 1200+ base damage or whatever the top base now is at due to the 3000 health and high storm resist equipment everyone seems to have on. The old wild bolt was 1000 base damage which is less than the max on the new one.

Fire school on the other hand tends can cast meteor on the first turn, hit critical and do around 1800 damage to all. Storm at legendary only has around 2200 health, so that leaves them around as dead as wild bolt leaves a great deal of players when it hits critical at 1200+ damage, only thing is wild bolt hits only 1 player at that rather than the four that meteor hits.

Single hit attacks are naturally supposed to hit harder than mass attacks, that is the way it is and the way it should be. Storm is supposed to have the hardest hitting attacks as that is what the game states storm is supposed to do. But here is the kicker, everyone complained about storm's damage and even got Wizard101 to rid the old wild bolt cause of their complaints, and everyone got higher damage attacks and even high damage mass attacks that they never had before Celestia came out. In addition everyone got enhancement strength cards, and since storm schools blades are low percent blades while other schools have much higher percent blades the enhancement cards enhanced everyone else's damage more than storm's damage.

My storm going from level 50 to 60 did not increase its health at all, while losing most of its storm resistance and picking up only a bit of fire and ice resistance. Since everyone does high damage now, staying alive for long in PvP with storm is quite challenging and difficult. Storm needs to hit hard and hit fast, and so what does Wizard101 do but to change its quickest 1v1 high hitting card into something that most say to be quite horrible. But that wasn't enough, cause when dispels first came out what school did Wizard101 first introduce them against, ya you got it storm school, and everyone mass spammed them on storm players quite horribly. They don't do that as much anymore because storm simply is no longer that strong anymore to warrent the attention cause everyone else is that strong and storm is typically quick and easy to kill at 2200 health.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I think KI should bring back wild bolt and give it to the ice school, there attacks are so low and they could really use that spell to even out pvp. Pls

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
travisAk wrote:
I think KI should bring back wild bolt and give it to the ice school, there attacks are so low and they could really use that spell to even out pvp. Pls

ice school should not be given wild bolt as ice school is currently the dominating school in PvP play and is meant to have slow attacks

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
seasnake wrote:
travisAk wrote:

ice school should not be given wild bolt as ice school is currently the dominating school in PvP play and is meant to have slow attacks

you underestimate my sarcasm.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Igloogirl3

Brianna Wildblood lvl59 Pyromancer
Brianna Seablood lvl43 Diviner
I think it will take a long time to do all that! And I have a fierce hound with spritely.

Igloogirl3

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
travisAk wrote:

Ice school doesnt really need wild bolt.......we have our own advantages you simply arent seeing, such as our MASSIVE HEALTH. add on if we take a look at the storm lords base damage (just using this as an example which if i recall is 690 with 1 turn stun to all, correct me if i am wrong anyone). as frost giants is 475 with 1 turn stun. A bad thing for ice. but wait.....whats this!!? Gargantuan?!?! wow! my frost giant now hits 700 base damage! that keeps up with storm lord.......for the moment at least lol. wild bolt doesnt belong to storm school. it shouldnt ever belong to it ever. what would it be called then? only name i could think of would be absolute zero or something along that line. make it 1% chance to hit and be a 1 hit KO? not likely to happen. add on ANY school can use wild bolt in technicality. our good friend the storm elemental polymorph helps us with that.

My views on wild bolt are also with darthjt's in the wild bolt section of the boards though we seem to have some....different views shall we say.