Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt in PVP

2
AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
I'm not much of a PvPer but I've watched matches from time to time. I don't see a lot of difference in someone spamming Wild Bolt to someone spamming Dispels. I don't agree with the argument that either of these methods are "unfair"... Wild Bolt is part of the arsenal available to Storm players and as such it should be allowed without restriction. There's an inherent risk in using the spell and the odds affect both parties involved. Should Satyr be banned for use by Life wizards because they might critical and heal 1700+ HP in one shot? My opinion is that if you choose to PvP then you should be ready to accept the consequences of whatever is thrown at you.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
135
mykola230 on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Just like Insane Bolt wild bolt should be removed from pvp (However as a TC not a real card)
It's not a player's fault that it is strong. It's his real card he obtained it by doing the quest and becoming a right level for it. It shouldn't be removed from pvp as a real spell.
Now I think that the only reason they keep Wild Bolt as a tc in pvp and have removed Insane Bolt is because of following reason.
Percentage.
There is a 50% chance that Insane Bolt will kill you.
There is also 50% chance that Insane Bolt will kill the caster.
However Wild Bolt is different.
There is 33.33'% that Wild Bolt hits 1000, or 100, or 10
There is 33.33'% that it can hit any of those numbers.
Now. If you look at it from the other perspective.
There is a ratio of 2:3 that Wild Bolt will not kill you.
That makes it 66.66'% that it won't kill you.
And only 33.33'% that it will.
Therefore That is probably the reason Wild Bolt TC wasn't removed. While Insane Bolt TC was.
If anyone can disagree feel free to do so, I will be interested in hearing your facts and opinions.

Nicholas Star
Yes...only storm enemies or wizards have high chances Insane Bolt will not kill them. Someone used Insane Bolt 5 times in a row and did not kill him but the enemy. However, other class wizards...not so lucky.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
25
think about it, why do storms spam bolts? it's because they know you're going to shield and because they don't have time and pips for anything else

so if you want less bolt spam, you gotta give storms other options like a very weak dot spell or else give them a little more health or pips

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
950
Oni Slayer on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
Yes...only storm enemies or wizards have high chances Insane Bolt will not kill them. Someone used Insane Bolt 5 times in a row and did not kill him but the enemy. However, other class wizards...not so lucky.
Completely false. Everyone has the same chance of Insane Bolt killing the caster regardless of school.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
135
lewski on Apr 17, 2015 wrote:
Completely false. Everyone has the same chance of Insane Bolt killing the caster regardless of school.
So, defying the chances that I said, how do you explain a storm wizard not striking him at least 5 times?

Survivor
May 17, 2013
2
mykola230 on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Just like Insane Bolt wild bolt should be removed from pvp (However as a TC not a real card)
It's not a player's fault that it is strong. It's his real card he obtained it by doing the quest and becoming a right level for it. It shouldn't be removed from pvp as a real spell.
Now I think that the only reason they keep Wild Bolt as a tc in pvp and have removed Insane Bolt is because of following reason.
Percentage.
There is a 50% chance that Insane Bolt will kill you.
There is also 50% chance that Insane Bolt will kill the caster.
However Wild Bolt is different.
There is 33.33'% that Wild Bolt hits 1000, or 100, or 10
There is 33.33'% that it can hit any of those numbers.
Now. If you look at it from the other perspective.
There is a ratio of 2:3 that Wild Bolt will not kill you.
That makes it 66.66'% that it won't kill you.
And only 33.33'% that it will.
Therefore That is probably the reason Wild Bolt TC wasn't removed. While Insane Bolt TC was.
If anyone can disagree feel free to do so, I will be interested in hearing your facts and opinions.

Nicholas Star
Actually insane bolt is not 50/50 its actually 80/20 it has 80 percent chance to hit the opponent and 20 percent for it to backfire.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
mykola230 on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Just like Insane Bolt wild bolt should be removed from pvp (However as a TC not a real card)
It's not a player's fault that it is strong. It's his real card he obtained it by doing the quest and becoming a right level for it. It shouldn't be removed from pvp as a real spell.
Now I think that the only reason they keep Wild Bolt as a tc in pvp and have removed Insane Bolt is because of following reason.
Percentage.
There is a 50% chance that Insane Bolt will kill you.
There is also 50% chance that Insane Bolt will kill the caster.
However Wild Bolt is different.
There is 33.33'% that Wild Bolt hits 1000, or 100, or 10
There is 33.33'% that it can hit any of those numbers.
Now. If you look at it from the other perspective.
There is a ratio of 2:3 that Wild Bolt will not kill you.
That makes it 66.66'% that it won't kill you.
And only 33.33'% that it will.
Therefore That is probably the reason Wild Bolt TC wasn't removed. While Insane Bolt TC was.
If anyone can disagree feel free to do so, I will be interested in hearing your facts and opinions.

Nicholas Star
what she said; I mostly agree

wildbolt should stay but insane bolt be remove but keep insane bolt move because want to remove but give more risky so, storm more chance to nerf insane bolt vs death/fire with -90% weakness "storm kill less with insane bolt won't kill them vs fire/death start spamming -90% weakness aka efreet & bad juju clued tc "don't forget about balance was well!

beside insane bolt can't pierce but can critical insane bolt! can't be care unless ice or school with universe resist "people want have more universe resist then just single school resist because resist others school even don't have that school unlock?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
950
Oni Slayer on Apr 17, 2015 wrote:
So, defying the chances that I said, how do you explain a storm wizard not striking him at least 5 times?
Luck. Or rather, a lack of bad luck. Even if it's a 20% chance to hit the caster, it's not guaranteed that it'll happen if you cast the spell five times. It's a one in five chance every time you cast it. You could cast a hundred and none of them might hit you. They could also all hit you. It's just luck.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
135
lewski on Apr 18, 2015 wrote:
Luck. Or rather, a lack of bad luck. Even if it's a 20% chance to hit the caster, it's not guaranteed that it'll happen if you cast the spell five times. It's a one in five chance every time you cast it. You could cast a hundred and none of them might hit you. They could also all hit you. It's just luck.
So, the source of Insane Bolt is luck and/or bad luck, from that, does luck from people in the real world who are playing Wizard101 count as luck in the game? Of course not! Luck in Real Life cannot connect to Wizard101...can they?

2