Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt and Ice.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Why does Storm complain so much about this?

This is better, and much more reasonable. With the original, it could do 1000 damage, great, but for 10% accuracy. It wouldn't be long before they started adding accuracy boost to it. How is that ethical? More of a cheat if you ask me, a way to get an easy win in 1v1.

10, 100, or 1000 is for 70% accuracy is much better. Finally an ethical spell. But I noticed a cheat for it to do 1000. How is this allowed? My friend didn't show me. But I was curious.

But enough of cheats, this is wild, and this is a good change but there are some people who don't want this game balanced.

Also, complaining that Ice is overpowered? Wow I laughed at how much people would rant just to get their way. Would KingsIsle really have another maintenance just so they can make them happy? Aww would the babies like to play JumpStart, I hear it's really good for kids 4-6.

(Don't take this harsh, this is what will happen if complaints keep coming up like this. What's next? EarthQuake is unfair? What, minions are unfair?)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Why does Storm complain so much about this?

This is better, and much more reasonable. With the original, it could do 1000 damage, great, but for 10% accuracy. It wouldn't be long before they started adding accuracy boost to it. How is that ethical? More of a cheat if you ask me, a way to get an easy win in 1v1.

10, 100, or 1000 is for 70% accuracy is much better. Finally an ethical spell. But I noticed a cheat for it to do 1000. How is this allowed? My friend didn't show me. But I was curious.

But enough of cheats, this is wild, and this is a good change but there are some people who don't want this game balanced.

Also, complaining that Ice is overpowered? Wow I laughed at how much people would rant just to get their way. Would KingsIsle really have another maintenance just so they can make them happy? Aww would the babies like to play JumpStart, I hear it's really good for kids 4-6.

(Don't take this harsh, this is what will happen if complaints keep coming up like this. What's next? EarthQuake is unfair? What, minions are unfair?)

Santa,

I agree completely, the complaints are way out of control on this board. If something was unfair or unjust, I don't mind someone complaining at all, and I will even support them. On the Ice, Myth, Life, and Balance issue, they are just wrong, simply wrong. The ones that complain are the ones that don't understand the game or the new gear.

Wild bolt has been changed because of the complainers, but it may be even better now. Before it was a 10% chance of hitting, now it's around 70%. It may hit for 10, 100 or 1000, at 70%, and all you need to do is put a Gargantuan on it and change gear for more accuracy. Wow, now you got 235, 335 or 1225 hits. Add a critcal rating of 33% to this, plus bring up the Power Pips to 90 % or better, and you got a weapon. I saw a kid in PvP do just this, and I thought, what a cool idea/strategy. He was doing fairly well, as I watched him in several matches.
So, for all the people that whined and complained, they may have improved Wild Bolt to become an even better spell. All I can do is laugh at them, because they think they got their way.

Joseph LionHunter,
Ice.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I agree with you 100%
what a coincidnce, i thought the same way, too.
Life is unfair, shields are unfair, BLADES are unfair? i mean, what the heck!?
lol. people who complain about these things are probably kids under the age of 9. :-P

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The main reason people complain about the new wild bolt, is because you get wildbolt when you finish Marlebone. So, all through Mooshu and DragonSpyre, before you can even get Critical or Gargantuan, or any Celestian spells to boost damage, that is all Wild Bolt does, is 10,100, 1000 at 70% accuracy. So, from Level 35 MAX going into Mooshu, this spell is not very useful anymore. Yes, you can buy tough, strong, and a couple other enchantments, but it still seems a waste of 2 pips.

Now, once you become level 58 and have the critical gear and the gargantuan boosts, WildBolt is quite lethal!

As far as oll the other complaints of Ice being too Powerful with the resist all and high health.
Life heals too much
Balance is too powerful with Judgement and no shield
Death's Skeletal Dragon and Life Resists are too Powerful and unfair
Fire's Efreet gives a 90% Weakness and fire also gets HeckHound at 130 per pip! How unfair can you get?

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Commander gear has not been updated yet! Wah

Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine. I do have a new batch of cheese for all this whine, but not sure how long it will last!

Yes, sure are a lot of unhappy little kiddies around

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Most of the spell complaints I don't listen to because I don't play PvP or they're just too outrageous. However, I will say Wild Bolt needs to be re-revamped. What's annoying is the fact that you only have 70% of the spell working in the first place, then you only have a 33.3% chance of getting your pips' worth. Let's face it: 2 pips for 10 or 100 damage? Not very fair, is it? I would rather fizzle. The Wild Bolt hasn't been made "wild"; it's been made useless, in PvE as well as in PvP. Now what truly annoys me is when people say, "Well with Gargantuan and the right gear--" Let me stop you right there. When my Diviner finishes Marleybone, he'll have two more worlds to get through before he can even look at a Gargantuan card. Also, since the problem in Wild Bolt isn't its accuracy, it's its fixed probability of damage, equipment isn't really the answer. Plus, there's not much equipment that boosts attack strength enough to make a significant difference when casting Wild Bolt. Even if there was, my point (which got a little muddled here, sorry for that) is an attack should just be useful. You shouldn't have to add tons of charms and wards, spend training points on cards you only have one use for, and farm for hours on end for the "right" equipment just so one spell can work correctly.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Most of the spell complaints I don't listen to because I don't play PvP or they're just too outrageous. However, I will say Wild Bolt needs to be re-revamped. What's annoying is the fact that you only have 70% of the spell working in the first place, then you only have a 33.3% chance of getting your pips' worth. Let's face it: 2 pips for 10 or 100 damage? Not very fair, is it? I would rather fizzle. The Wild Bolt hasn't been made "wild"; it's been made useless, in PvE as well as in PvP. Now what truly annoys me is when people say, "Well with Gargantuan and the right gear--" Let me stop you right there. When my Diviner finishes Marleybone, he'll have two more worlds to get through before he can even look at a Gargantuan card. Also, since the problem in Wild Bolt isn't its accuracy, it's its fixed probability of damage, equipment isn't really the answer. Plus, there's not much equipment that boosts attack strength enough to make a significant difference when casting Wild Bolt. Even if there was, my point (which got a little muddled here, sorry for that) is an attack should just be useful. You shouldn't have to add tons of charms and wards, spend training points on cards you only have one use for, and farm for hours on end for the "right" equipment just so one spell can work correctly.

I have been saying this since the change was made to Wild Bolt, however, most people seem to not grasp this concept.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
Yes, i feel your annoyance. But yes Ice can be annoying to new pvp players. It's just when you reaggrange your strategies you can obviously win. I have hated ice when i just got back on my feet. But now they're a "joke to me"

Earthquake isnt annoying. I'm sure you can find out how to turn earthquake against the player.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Supafreak12 wrote:
Yes, i feel your annoyance. But yes Ice can be annoying to new pvp players. It's just when you reaggrange your strategies you can obviously win. I have hated ice when i just got back on my feet. But now they're a "joke to me"

Earthquake isnt annoying. I'm sure you can find out how to turn earthquake against the player.

What you don't get is I'm not complaining about anything other than these foolish players who think they'll get their way from complaining.

If you took time to read my post you would realize this. But, yes, I will agree Ice was so annoying at the beginning for me. I needed so many traps and blades to kill an enemy, where as Storm could get one StormBlade and enemy dead. Ice used to be the underdog, but now we are rising up, and making PVP our playbox, just as Storm used to do, but now they suffer from low health. Of course Death will probably own in PVP next update, as Death is the school failing in PVP. (No Offense)

Now, rearrange my strategy, I already have. With Snow Angel I always win. But, it is only a few points overpowered. Where as it should of Been, 75+600 Over 3 Rounds. Maybe having 60 less would even out the score. But I don't complain about anything other than the complainers, but who listens? No one. They just complain, I'm scared what it's in store for Life and Ice next.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
I have noticed that storm is getting stronger and its like super super super hard to defeat them sometimes!!! I dont think its fair that they have the high points so mant people do storm and then complain.... ( Please storm folks out there please take no offense at all this is my personal opinion)!!

Alexandria
lvl 53 Ice

Armiger
May 10, 2010
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Supafreak12 wrote:

What you don't get is I'm not complaining about anything other than these foolish players who think they'll get their way from complaining.

If you took time to read my post you would realize this. But, yes, I will agree Ice was so annoying at the beginning for me. I needed so many traps and blades to kill an enemy, where as Storm could get one StormBlade and enemy dead. Ice used to be the underdog, but now we are rising up, and making PVP our playbox, just as Storm used to do, but now they suffer from low health. Of course Death will probably own in PVP next update, as Death is the school failing in PVP. (No Offense)

Now, rearrange my strategy, I already have. With Snow Angel I always win. But, it is only a few points overpowered. Where as it should of Been, 75+600 Over 3 Rounds. Maybe having 60 less would even out the score. But I don't complain about anything other than the complainers, but who listens? No one. They just complain, I'm scared what it's in store for Life and Ice next.

Death is not failing at PvP, nor is Fire, Storm, Ice, Life, Balance, or even Myth. The only one that fails at PvP are players with poor strategies.
No School is OverPowered and no School is Underpowered. All schools have bonuses and trade-offs. If you want to be good at PvP, you have to spend the right training points on the right spells and form a good strategy. It does not matter if you are 1st or 2nd, you can beat anyone in a 1v1, if you are any good. The only thing that is unbalanced in PvP, is the fact that 1st turn does have a superiority in the fact, it sees what is done and can react, where as 2nd place does not always know what 1st person will do in the same round.