Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why not just split pvp in two?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Hello all this is just an idea. Now i don't consider myself an expert on pvp in fact i have only done it once and didn't like it at all. I do however read the forums everyday and it's littered with pvp rants lol. So here is my idea :-) why not just split it into sections for example section A "Anything Goes" this section would be an anything goes a no holds barred type of fight where you can use whatever whenever :) yes whatever you like you know like a fighting dirty type of duel where you have to keep on your toes at all times. In this section everthing is playable nothing is banned a fight where you have to be prepared for absolutely anything. Section B "Fair and Square" where all hats, robes, boots and pets would have to be removed. You could keep wands and the other accessories for the power pips or whatever. And only battle those who are your level or close to it. No treasure cards allowed or something of that sort. Just a nice clean fair fight to the death lol. It's just a raw idea really but what do you all think? Would you like KI to give you a choice in how you do battle in the ring? Again not an expert on pvp just a thought :)

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I think taking gear, Tc's or any other mechanic out of ranked would only imbalance and dumb down the game. Any alteration to the real ranked pvp (which mirrors the real game) belongs in the practice side.

Perhaps in the future when KI has more time they could make optional toggles in practice side for people having trouble in ranked pvp, This way they could turn TC's or anything else they like to blame their losses ON or OFF.

The sideboard is an integral part of the game and makes for a more interesting battle IMO.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
off the bat, it's not a bad thought.

What I mean by that is, were on the right track. Something must be done to "fix" pvp of course, and I think somehow splitting it, will work.

However your version of splitting it, may not be the best way, but your on the right track.

I do have one question, if this were to happen, would regular pvp just go away? or would this be an Add On to the arena, and not touch the pvp we already have?

I'd like you to take a look at this, if you have the time. We kind of have corresponding ideas

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49721.ftl

Since you've only pvp'd once, you wouldnt understand the value of fixing this system, and what we regular pvpers go through.

Personally, I think the "Free for All" is what we already have TODAY, and nobody likes it. Then you have the Fair and Square, with no clothes? People would be fizzing left and right, and everyones health massively decreased. That would only keep pvp the same it is today: Luck

Were on the right track though,

@jackflame

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
@skier339

The idea was a stepping stone for those of you that do pvp to build off. I would imagine the Fair And Square section would be an add on. The suggestion to remove hats and things was for the fact that some of them have cards or special stats attatched to them that might tip the chances of winning in the player who is wearing the garment's favor. Some schools are strong then others. I dont know maybe all players would step into the arena with equal stats (an automatic step up provided by KI) depending on their level i guess The Anything Goes section would be the same yeah but my version which is probably much worst than the one you have now would bring back all the banned cards sorry guys but maybe a level requirement can be placed on them so lower levels cant buy or use them in that version. I'm feeling around in the dark here as i said only did it once. So you guys play around with the idea a bit who knows maybe you all will come up with the perfect solution to the problem. The pvp issue seems to be bleeding through the game in small ways. I cant help but wonder how far KI will go. The problem seems to be getting out of hand for you all maybe the version you have now needs to be dumped and a new one put in it's place. START HERE. :D good luck i hope you find the answer

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I agree with you in some ways, but my view on thing might be a bit different. What I think is that players should be allowed to Customized PvP matches how they wish. If a player does not want healing, resistance armor piercing etc. They can select it as not allowed for a match and my idea was to have what I call Custom PvP and Special PvP added to that game. I created topics about my ideas in regards to the new PvPs. You find them through these links.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49441.ftl
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49160.ftl
Section B "Fair and Square" where all hats, robes, boots and pets would have to be removed. You could keep wands and the other accessories for the power pips or whatever. And only battle those who are your level or close to it. No treasure cards allowed or something of that sort. Just a nice clean fair fight to the death lol.
In my idea there would be Custom PvP which would allow a player to customize a match to how wish the match was. They could customized it to be fair and square how they felt, because many players view a fair a square PvP very differently. Regular PvP(Our current PvP) is with all the elements of the present game usable. Players cannot customize it. Special PvP is basically were players can join a match that is customized by the system with condition such as I discussion in topic seen through the second link. The thing that I was hoping was that KI would KI might bring back old things that were changed with this implement such as wild bolt and zero pip dispels, but just allow them in Custom PVP.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
sunswill wrote:
Hello all this is just an idea. Now i don't consider myself an expert on pvp in fact i have only done it once and didn't like it at all. I do however read the forums everyday and it's littered with pvp rants lol. So here is my idea :-) why not just split it into sections for example section A "Anything Goes" this section would be an anything goes a no holds barred type of fight where you can use whatever whenever :) yes whatever you like you know like a fighting dirty type of duel where you have to keep on your toes at all times. In this section everthing is playable nothing is banned a fight where you have to be prepared for absolutely anything. Section B "Fair and Square" where all hats, robes, boots and pets would have to be removed. You could keep wands and the other accessories for the power pips or whatever. And only battle those who are your level or close to it. No treasure cards allowed or something of that sort. Just a nice clean fair fight to the death lol. It's just a raw idea really but what do you all think? Would you like KI to give you a choice in how you do battle in the ring? Again not an expert on pvp just a thought :)
i have felt there was a need for a 2nd arena when cl come out i dont think its fair that a lvl 1 and now a lvl 80 pvp in the same spot