Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is PVP broken?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Hello, i'm new to PVP since I decided to give it a try so i'm not updated on the news but I have a few questions about it:

1: Why is PVP broken? like why is everyone saying it's awful?
2: What exactly is boosting
3: What can you do to prevent juju, wild bolt, burning rampage and lore master spammers?.
4: How many matches do you have to win to became a sergeant or warlord?
5: Whats the whole story with Richard?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Trigon101060 on Mar 19, 2018 wrote:
Hello, i'm new to PVP since I decided to give it a try so i'm not updated on the news but I have a few questions about it:

1: Why is PVP broken? like why is everyone saying it's awful?
2: What exactly is boosting
3: What can you do to prevent juju, wild bolt, burning rampage and lore master spammers?.
4: How many matches do you have to win to became a sergeant or warlord?
5: Whats the whole story with Richard?
Lol where to start(note all of the following observations are based on a 1v1 perspective)

1 : The meta is absolutely awful at almost all level ranges. At lower levels the game is dominated by overlevel TC that are easily available in the bazaar or by gardening and lore spells such as loremaster. Getting into PvP at the higher levels has a huge barrier to entry that prevents many players from trying it at all.

At max lvl the game is either super aggro with a heavy rng dependence thanks to shadow pips or super slow and unenjoyable due to stall strategies such as angel and juju. In addition, the meta is so stratified that the 3 top schools(Ice, Balance and Fire) have an almost insurmountable advantage. A pet with wards against all 3 of those schools is almost a prerequisite to even stand a chance.

2 : Boosting is the process of artificially inflating your rank by fighting yourself on another account. Pretty much you will be on both sides of the field and by deliberately causing one side to lose you will raise the rank of the "winning" wizard (often to ridiculous levels of rank).

3 : There is no prevention against spammers. However, there exist certain ways to counter spam with different degrees of effectiveness. Wild bolt spam is the easiest to counter: simply shield, use brace and attack in between volleys. There is no real counter to lore spam outside of a balance ward pet and timed shield placement. Against Rampage be sure you have triage although this is near useless from second since rampage will hit before you can react. Countering juju spam involves building pips/buffs for a combo or ohko while clearing off juju as fast as they are placed.

4 : To reach sergeant you need 4 more wins than losses. To reach warlord you need 25 more wins than losses.

5: Richard was the most well-known booster having several accounts on the top of the leaderboards with hugely inflated artificial rank. KI rectified this by resetting his rank to 0 and banning him from Ranked PvP.