Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why I'm stopping pvp and possibly W101...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
Dear KI,

It was hard for me to take this decision, well actually, it wasn't...KI, you, made it very easy. I've posted on these forums before, though not often, so let me say this. I only play wizard101 for pvp. Now that I'm on vacation, I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day playing wizard101. It's by far the most exciting game I have played. Of course like every game it has its flaws, and KI has a great staff making improvements, however, recent additions to the game have just made it un interesting for me to keep playing wizard101.

Like I said, I only pvp. EVERYTHING I do in the game is related to pvp, i.e in order for me to become a better pvp player. For instance, I became a grandmaster artisan just so i could craft better gear for pvp. I spent HOURS farming so I could hatch to get better pets, buy reagents to craft etc. So, if I think that pvp is broken, I will not be interested in it, and if I'm no longer interested in pvp, I'm not interested in the game at all. I am far from being the only customer with the same mindset. KI knows that a large number of his customers are pvp hardcores, and will stop playing if pvp if pvp no longer works.

With the addition of Avalon, a lot of new spells come out. And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all. Because, if you did there is NO reason you would NOT think that a spell like Guardian Spirit would become problematic. Guardian Spirit has made pvp un attractive, and I will stop paying to pvp until you come up with a solution for it.

For those of you who don't know, Guardian Spirit is a spell (like an aura) that revives a player with 25% of his/her health if the player dies. But that's not all, life can also CRITICAL the spell, and since critical double the amount of anything, that 25% just went up to a 50% health back, but WAIT, there IS more, life boost ALSO affects the spell. So, the average life wizard has around 3800 health (with the new updates). So, you can see how it feels to try to bring down an ALREADY healer wizard with a "Guardian Spirit". This spell HAS to be change. Life wizards now spam the spell in the arena. They add elucidate on it, so it only cost them 3 pips, and they can keep casting it over and over again.

Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp. So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match! If you are a life wizard, that's great! You benefit a lot from it, and can thank KI for giving you a spell without thinking about the consequences.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

KI, I seriously am begining to think that you have no consideration whatsoever for Fire and Storm students. Last time you gave ice the possibility of getting 70% + resist to those schools, a lot of people came out and voiced their opinions against it. Yet, with these new updates you're giving ice even MORE resist to the same schools. And that's not all with addition of the piercing blades, ice can now cut through storm and fire's already low resist. So an ice who cast a spell with blades icespear, elemental spear and tc infallible will do A LOT more damage than a fire or storm who does the same. Because the ice has a monsrous resist.
Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge.

This is fine, I have no interests, nor do my friends, to keep pvping in conditions like these. I will stil log in and talk to my friends as I have many of them, but you have given us ZERO interests to keep paying for pvp. Perhaps you do not even care, I am sure the number of people who don't care about pvp outnumber those who do. So, you'll still have plenty of customers. My friends and I just will NOT be of them.

Sincerely,

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
doudjy,

I'm standing right next to you on this one....100%.

Joe.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
547
I'm standing beside you on this one doudjy. Pvp is the only reason I play the game and unfortunately high lvl pvp has been getting so annoying to me that I may find something else to do with my life.

The problems:

(As you stated) Ice resistance to fire and storm.
Sry Kingsisle I respect you guys so much as you have given us such a great game but what the heck were you thinking on this one? Do you know what 80% fire resist combine with treasure Infalliable equal? Immunity for four rounds. Sry but prisms aren't functional from second and your spear idea makes me YOL (yawn out loud). Pls for heavens same nerf this gear, Core pvp players are turning their backs on the game.

Scratch and win arena.
Since dragonspyre, often referred to as the golden days of pvp, every update has brought some element of luck into the arena that has just made it brainless. You don't even have to think anymore... Crit and armor pierce is why I have stopped all my high level pvp accounts and play low level to escape it, unfortunately with your TC vengeance and now crown gear with low level crit chance and pierce weapons I feel like I have no where left to retreat to. Sry to be blunt but I believe a monkey can win a PvP match these days. To make it worse people who choose to fight at mid levels are forced through the matching system to fIght higher levels who have access to your critical system through their gear boosts, the only thing they have to block it is a conviction spell, that is broken.

Life spell.
Have not played high level in a year for above reasons but here and other fan sites the pvp bees are really mad.. Can't comment in the spell though but clearly it's affecting people. I can say though once you've earned a kill that person should stay dead.

With all the new developments I don't see a way back from many changes that affect pvp, it just saddens me. I could offer my vision of a balanced PvP for the future but that another thread, just wanted to mirror the frustration of Doudjy and give my honest opinion of pvp these days.

Main story line is amazing and everyone appreciates all the hard work I'm sure but like doudjy said, Do you guys even think about the impact on pvp when you introduce things like shatter Tc, craftable gear that gives 80% school specific resist with pet talents or ressurection spells?


Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
15
Its my first visit to this forum. And I totally agree with you... i love pvp most in this game too. and my first wiz is fire my second is storm. and that mistake gear gave Ice about 80% resist to fire and storm (with pet resist). That is too much resist KI. I send comment in test server about this i don't think anyone was free to test it.

please test fire or storm against ice with the new gear its overpowered and making pvp so dull and boring. along with fights and quarrels between people in matches. Even it's getting ice wizards hate towards them and typically to the ones that made this gear. So why? Ice can have enough resist with 60-65 for storm and fire and 49-50 to all other schools (including pet resists) and they will still be very very hard to beat

Please re-test that gear.

and that guardian spirit and mana burn i think need a bit of a tweak in the spell and effects. please give a look to this good part of the game and make it fun for people to pay for it. A person can finish 6 wizards to lvl 80 in a year and then quit. but can play pvp for 10 years and never get bored if it was balanced and made fun to play it...

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
travisAk wrote:
I'm standing beside you on this one doudjy. Pvp is the only reason I play the game and unfortunately high lvl pvp has been getting so annoying to me that I may find something else to do with my life.

The problems:

(As you stated) Ice resistance to fire and storm.
Sry Kingsisle I respect you guys so much as you have given us such a great game but what the heck were you thinking on this one? Do you know what 80% fire resist combine with treasure Infalliable equal? Immunity for four rounds. Sry but prisms aren't functional from second and your spear idea makes me YOL (yawn out loud). Pls for heavens same nerf this gear, Core pvp players are turning their backs on the game.

Scratch and win arena.
Since dragonspyre, often referred to as the golden days of pvp, every update has brought some element of luck into the arena that has just made it brainless. You don't even have to think anymore... Crit and armor pierce is why I have stopped all my high level pvp accounts and play low level to escape it, unfortunately with your TC vengeance and now crown gear with low level crit chance and pierce weapons I feel like I have no where left to retreat to. Sry to be blunt but I believe a monkey can win a PvP match these days. To make it worse people who choose to fight at mid levels are forced through the matching system to fIght higher levels who have access to your critical system through their gear boosts, the only thing they have to block it is a conviction spell, that is broken.

Life spell.
Have not played high level in a year for above reasons but here and other fan sites the pvp bees are really mad.. Can't comment in the spell though but clearly it's affecting people. I can say though once you've earned a kill that person should stay dead.

With all the new developments I don't see a way back from many changes that affect pvp, it just saddens me. I could offer my vision of a balanced PvP for the future but that another thread, just wanted to mirror the frustration of Doudjy and give my honest opinion of pvp these days.

Main story line is amazing and everyone appreciates all the hard work I'm sure but like doudjy said, Do you guys even think about the impact on pvp when you introduce things like shatter Tc, craftable gear that gives 80% school specific resist with pet talents or ressurection spells?



It is actually very common now to see ice wizard with 87% resist to fire. I mean this is just ridiculous! Add a tc fortify on this, and you have a serious problem lowering that ice's huge health to zero. Meanwhile, fire and storm did NOT see an increase in their attack boost. So, is that how it is now KI, you keep increasing ice's resist to fire and storm, while those two don't get anything in compensation?

Life was already VERY hard to bring down before Guardian Spirit. I have fought countless warlord life wizards, and it has never been an easy fight for me, whether second or first. Not only are they extremely good healer, but because they typically carry earth, it makes it particularly hard to stack blades against them. But now, with Guardian Spirit, they basically have TWO lives! Or, several, depending on how many times they cast the spell. KI has showed us that it works very carelessly (excuse me to put it so blunt). Otherwise, the spell would be different. Some people seem to think that people who complain about the same have a problem because only life can use it. Let me say this, I DO NOT want the spell. I am already EXTRMELY hard to take down, so having a spell like this would pretty much make it close to impossible. But the spell needs to be changed. KI has made a lot of mistakes in the past, and this is one of them.

My sub will expire soon, and I have no intention of getting a new one, with conditions like these. After all, why purchase a sub if I don't enjoy the game? I couldn't care less about Avalon ( I hate questing). Fire didn't get any usefull spell for pvp, but that was still fine by me. But Guardian Spirit...? No, I am not dealing with this. And I cannot believe I recently purchased a laptop JUST so I could play this game when I wanted. I am taking it back. Anyway, it is the summer after all, so a pass time isn't hard to find. I'll quickly get over it.

Until you fix the spell KI,

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp.

If you say you're so good at pvp, then why do you complain about the spells? I just don't get it, it really makes no sense. If no one can school you, then that must mean that you've never lost, so why are you complaining now? Guardian Spirit is fine, and it always will be. A lot of people already know how to take care of it, as it isn't that great of a spell to use. Life can't break through shields as easily as any other school, so 1 Life Shield will make Life take a few extra rounds to attack.

So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match!

Yeah, 4, strategies at the same match, put them into action. Doom and Gloom actually does work, because the Life wizard will use Sanctuary next round, and if you know it, use a Life dispel, and the Life wizard will be searching their deck for another one.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

Hmm, I wonder why KI made converts and armor piercing. Probably has no real reason to the idea. Ice is still very, very weak at attacking. Actually, before level 80 was out, I fought a level 70 Ice wizard with 51% resist to all schools. She struggled to do 150 damage on me, which made the battle very long. I was level 65 back then I think, and I almost won, just one more spell, but she went first, so she won. It's really easy to put up a fight against an Ice wizard, and a Life wizard. They're both weak in damage, and both their spells/gear have major weaknesses to them. For example: Guardian Spirit could be a complete waste if dispelled. The crafted Zafarian gear for Ice lowers down their damage boost, as well as making all other school's resist lower, and making it easier for wizards to convert against them. Man, I thought you said you were good at pvp.

Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge. Detonate saves your shield, and Backdraft was it? That made your damage super high. You just have to be good with the spells, because people still rate Fire on the top.

To conclude, I respect your opinion, but just don't agree with it... yet. I guess everyone has their time of quitting, (I won't in decades) and some still have hope of pvp being balanced again, as I do believe that the new world will be far greater and will contain better gear. Well, if you are quitting, cya, if you aren't, hope we pvp some day.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
794
Well, these are my opinions. I normally agree with what Kingsisle puts forth, because, well, normally they put forth great spells and such. And almost all the spells from Avalon are great. Note my use of almost. Ice's resist, that I can live with. Blades, Auras, and i'm good to go. Now, Guardian Spirit, this was a bit of a mistake. Life wizards who didn't strategize complained and complained, and now this happened: they shot right to the top via immortality. No School should do that. If there were restrictions, it might work. Perhaps if they made it seperate from Heal boost and Critical, or made it usable once per battle only. This is a problem, but we must have faith in Kingsisle. They don't ignore they're players (cough, Toontown, cough). They listen, and they adjust. So, in the meantime, there are other activites you could try:
Decorating
Crafting
Gardening
PvE
Dungeons
And more! So, hang in there!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
248
Listen I have witnessed many people overcoming guardian spirit with doom and gloom. Really the only changes I would make to the spell is make it a no critical and UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT EVER MAKE A TREASURE CARD, that should also go for the rest of the 72 and 75 spells. Since practically every move is a treasure card schools are losing their speciality which I'm totally against. Btw I am not only a life wizard and a death as well, I've overcome this strategy in PvP, its not at all great when the life wizard slacks off then doom and gloom comes in and two easy hits quickly finish them off since most of them don't even bother to heal cause they think they have this guaranteed revival well they don't it can be stopped.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
17
Same here i am like a sergeant i think lol, but really. One time i had to go fight against like a level 75 private ice and i totally got creamed. I tryed even full power levys and those weren't even working. I mean how can you hit an ice with 80% resist while going into health up to 4000! At least with me like 80 percent of the times i go pvp with a wizard about my level.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1516
doudjy wrote:
Dear KI,

It was hard for me to take this decision, well actually, it wasn't...KI, you, made it very easy. I've posted on these forums before, though not often, so let me say this. I only play wizard101 for pvp. Now that I'm on vacation, I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day playing wizard101. It's by far the most exciting game I have played. Of course like every game it has its flaws, and KI has a great staff making improvements, however, recent additions to the game have just made it un interesting for me to keep playing wizard101.

Like I said, I only pvp. EVERYTHING I do in the game is related to pvp, i.e in order for me to become a better pvp player. For instance, I became a grandmaster artisan just so i could craft better gear for pvp. I spent HOURS farming so I could hatch to get better pets, buy reagents to craft etc. So, if I think that pvp is broken, I will not be interested in it, and if I'm no longer interested in pvp, I'm not interested in the game at all. I am far from being the only customer with the same mindset. KI knows that a large number of his customers are pvp hardcores, and will stop playing if pvp if pvp no longer works.

With the addition of Avalon, a lot of new spells come out. And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all. Because, if you did there is NO reason you would NOT think that a spell like Guardian Spirit would become problematic. Guardian Spirit has made pvp un attractive, and I will stop paying to pvp until you come up with a solution for it.

For those of you who don't know, Guardian Spirit is a spell (like an aura) that revives a player with 25% of his/her health if the player dies. But that's not all, life can also CRITICAL the spell, and since critical double the amount of anything, that 25% just went up to a 50% health back, but WAIT, there IS more, life boost ALSO affects the spell. So, the average life wizard has around 3800 health (with the new updates). So, you can see how it feels to try to bring down an ALREADY healer wizard with a "Guardian Spirit". This spell HAS to be change. Life wizards now spam the spell in the arena. They add elucidate on it, so it only cost them 3 pips, and they can keep casting it over and over again.

Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp. So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match! If you are a life wizard, that's great! You benefit a lot from it, and can thank KI for giving you a spell without thinking about the consequences.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

KI, I seriously am begining to think that you have no consideration whatsoever for Fire and Storm students. Last time you gave ice the possibility of getting 70% + resist to those schools, a lot of people came out and voiced their opinions against it. Yet, with these new updates you're giving ice even MORE resist to the same schools. And that's not all with addition of the piercing blades, ice can now cut through storm and fire's already low resist. So an ice who cast a spell with blades icespear, elemental spear and tc infallible will do A LOT more damage than a fire or storm who does the same. Because the ice has a monsrous resist.
Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge.

This is fine, I have no interests, nor do my friends, to keep pvping in conditions like these. I will stil log in and talk to my friends as I have many of them, but you have given us ZERO interests to keep paying for pvp. Perhaps you do not even care, I am sure the number of people who don't care about pvp outnumber those who do. So, you'll still have plenty of customers. My friends and I just will NOT be of them.

Sincerely,


there is a way to beat the guardian spirit and thats 2 one shot kills in a row
so your enemy cant put another guardian spirit on

and for the ice resist hating

there is a reason for peirce use it

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
63
I fully agree with doudjy and travisAk on this one. Guardian Spirit is extremely unfair and gives life an unacceptable edge. And like travisAk said, after Dragonspyre, PvP has been bombarded with mindless luck and almost every aspect of PvP has to do with it.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
I completely agree on the fire and storm part of it, how come ice had to get that much resist?! Oh hmm the 2 strongest schools in the game which sacrificed everything to have their high damage, lets take that away. Okay so they loss their damage, resist, health, some spells, the only left now is their pride, which is way i'm still in storm. Seriously, if they're gonna do that then give fire and storm some super pierces or pierce like damage.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
@ Doudjy,

You know, I respect you Doudjy, you usually bring up good points, are very precise, and present facts when posting.

However, I must disagree with you here. Doom & Gloom is the answer you are searching for in regards to the Guardian Spirit Spell. Since I know you are Fire, I will give you the strategy to win in a moment.

Secondly, you stated that Fire's new spells are useless? Say What? And you have a 1300 pvp rank? Find that hard to believe. Here's why. The new Backdraft spell, leave's a fire "Trap" So, if you are so good, use Backdraft and a feint, shatter or pierce if necessary. No blades are needed on this one. A fire trap too, just in case life has a remove ward handy, which most dont. Immolate and Blam, instant death for 4 pips (2 Power Pips mind you)!

out of 14 pips, 7 power pips, that can leave a ton of pips remaining. Efreet, Heckhound, Immolate, a Plethora of attacks can be used to finish the life off after they are resurrected.

Now, one suggestion I have made, is that Guardian spirit can be used on a player only once per battle. Only resurrected once. Just in case all tactics have failed, all timing and cards are off, you can't get Doom & Gloom to be dominant, you do keep defeating Life, and somehow they always Critical that heal and return to full health. Of course, that's a bunch of Ifs.

Now, as for Ice's Resistance, I am on both sides of the fence on this one. Here's why. Fire and Storm can use crafted gear also, which gives them a huge amount of Critical, which can go through Ice's standard Critical Block, less of a chance if Ice is using a Mega Critical Block Wand or Conviction, but I think that is how KI is figuring out their mathmatics. However, in doing so, Fire & Storm both have to give up a good amount of Universal Resistance to all other schools to have that huge Critical Boost.

I have heard some say Armor Piercing, but it only stops 1 form of resistance, be it a tower shield, or a storm shield, it does not armor pierce the shield and then the resistance of Ice. Converts are an option, but a very difficult option to always use, especially for fire who tends to use DoT attacks. But then again, the same option can be used here, use a convert, then backdraft, then a feint, then Immolate. Super Mega Damage, even on Ice.

It's all about strategies and figuring out ways to defeat every possible scenario.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
15
@joujou11cool

Sorry but from your post you have no idea what this thread about. Ice is never a weak school, it has always been on top of the pvp schools (ice and myth). Ice has best boosts in game and the most available variety of blades. Do the math before saying ice is weak, and snow angel with colossal on it is equal to rain of fire normal card. Get your facts right. Only the gear damage boost of ice is lower than other schools which they made it up by the high percent blade and bubble (thats not considering new raven hoard pack blades)

@grvy123

Do you have a fire or storm wiz? If you do go test the pierce on 80% resist. I use pierce on my fire wiz and believe me its nothing against this high resist. i believe KI is pushing fire and storm wiz towards using pierce and make their damage towards other schools a bit softer, but that high resist even pierce is not effective on it. and converts are a fail in pvp. especially for fire since most fire spells are damage over time.

Back to subject of the thread.

guardian spirit needs some tweaking in that it dont critical and just gets 25% of the life of life wiz flat, not affected by anything else (not heal boost not critical not doom)

Mana Burn takes 3 pips and do damage, it dont differentiate between white pips or power pips, so it actually is taking most of times 6 pips and doing decent damage, thats pretty too much. so players are forced to load more low pip spells, but guess what if you end up facing ice with that resist these low pip spells will not scratch him even.

and why should ice gets that huge resist (80%) to only storm and fire?? if the game see ice doing well with 49-50 resist to other schools, isnt fire and storm not one of ravenwood schools that KI is responsible to make them playable? dont people that have fire and storm wizards pay as well for KI? why not make ice have 50+15%=65% to fire and storm (including pet resists)? then after using pierce card ice will have flat 50% resist to all schools which is hard but still there is a chance. To top that ice new spells is remove 1 tick of DOT and steal any overtime heal. this cooldown alone gave ice huge advantage over fire without even the new high resist.

and for the misconcept of infalliable. Infalliable is a counter for fortify, definitly not meant as main strategy of attack.

I share with the original post the same things. he obviously has a fire wizard and had the same reaction as i did after i saw these new updates. which is to not buy anymore crowns and not buy any more membership. Sorry KI i like your game, but you are making fire and storm wizards frustrated of it. and many friends i know feel the same way. I been playing this game for like a year now and its the first time i'm thinking of quitting it.

Dont get me wrong the new world avalon is awesome job and very nice. huzzah for that :) but PVE gets boring after doing the same quests 1-2 times. I only lvl do them for the sake to do high lvl PVP.

So Please reconsider that. It will make more players happy and i bet your revenues will be more happy with more happy players.

Sorry for long post and i hope it reach the right persons.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Sorry but from your post you have no idea what this thread about.

Actually, I do know very well what this post is about. It's about why doudjy is stopping pvp and possibly wizard101, as well as doudjy's friends, due to what kingsisle has brought in to the game.

Ice is never a weak school, it has always been on top of the pvp schools (ice and myth). Ice has best boosts in game and the most available variety of blades. Do the math before saying ice is weak, and snow angel with colossal on it is equal to rain of fire normal card. Get your facts right.

You're telling me to get my facts right? How would Snow Angel ever be as powerful as Rain of Fire? Rain of Fire can also be enchanted you know, so your point there has proved nothing.

Ice and Myth aren't the top pvp schools Here's how the ranking goes:
Fire
Myth
Life
Ice
Storm
Death
Balance

Ice is currently in fourth place. And Ice does NOT have the most availability to blades! That information is way off. I'll list you all of the blades each school has that they can get for free:
Storm:
Supercharge
Stormblade

Fire:
Fireblade

Ice: Iceblade

Death:
Deathblade
Dark Pact

Life:
Lifeblade
Guiding Light
Blessing Light

Myth:
Mythblade

Balance:
Balanceblade
Bladestorm
Elemental Blade
Spiritual Blade

Yes, Ice has the biggest boosting blades (Tied with Life), but the damage boost for all of the other schools makes their blades more effective (Damage works like this:
100+65% [From damage boost]=165+25% [From a Balanceblade]=206+20% [From Bladestorm]=247. Now, those were with the weakest blades possible in the game (Other then the X pip blades used at 1-2 pips).

Now let's see how well Ice does:
100+46% [Damage boost, I may be over exaggerating it...]=146+40%=204. That's all Ice has, and even with JUST the Balanceblade, it's still weaker then what Balance would have done. Therefore, I do know what I'm talking about, and I do have my facts right. You should redo the math...

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
joujou11cool wrote:


If you say you're so good at pvp, then why do you complain about the spells? I just don't get it, it really makes no sense. If no one can school you, then that must mean that you've never lost, so why are you complaining now? Guardian Spirit is fine, and it always will be. A lot of people already know how to take care of it, as it isn't that great of a spell to use. Life can't break through shields as easily as any other school, so 1 Life Shield will make Life take a few extra rounds to attack.


This isn't the first time I reply to you on these threads, and I am also certain that you are not close to being a warlord or commander, and since you have no idea what being a warlord is, you make stataments that reflect your lack of knowledge on how pvp at the top of the latter works. Just because I complain about the spell does NOT take away from me being a good pvper. You think only people who weren't good pvper complained about the old wild bolt? Why does it not make sense to you? ...because at the bottom of the latter of pvp, every school is virtually equal, whereas at the top, school such as fire and myth dominate (and now life). Of course, you wouldn't know that.

Yeah, 4, strategies at the same match, put them into action. Doom and Gloom actually does work, because the Life wizard will use Sanctuary next round, and if you know it, use a Life dispel, and the Life wizard will be searching their deck for another one.

Let me tell you this since you seem to be un aware of it. Doom and Gloom will only affect Guardian Spirit IF it is cast before the spell is cast. Life wizard now usually cast the spell once they get number of pips required. So what's your proposed solution? Start off the duel by casting a doom? That can turn back to hunt you big time, and besides, it's not as if you're going to be able to win a bubble war to keep doom up, which is a treasure. Life wizards now basically max out the spell, so unless you have tons of dispels to win an impossible war, then you're basically going to fight JUST to prevent a wizard from casting a spell. I love strategies, and When I fight fires, I love being able to prevent them from casting hound, but even if they do cast it, I can deal with it. But Guardian spirit is just another thing. Once the life wizard cast it, he/she can just focus on killing you, while you have to focus on killing him twice! How fair is that?

Hmm, I wonder why KI made converts and armor piercing. Probably has no real reason to the idea. Ice is still very, very weak at attacking.
This is exactly the kind of statement that just prove how little you know of pvp. Ice is very weak?? Really?? And what kind of ice have you been fighting before? Probably private ices and sergeants, which would explain your rank.
I'm not even going to elaborate on this any further, because you wouldn't know what I'm talking about anyway.

Actually, before level 80 was out, I fought a level 70 Ice wizard with 51% resist to all schools. She struggled to do 150 damage on me, which made the battle very long. I was level 65 back then I think, and I almost won, just one more spell, but she went first, so she won.
Oh an ice wizard struggled against you, and now that makes all the ice wizards weak? haha! This is just hilarious. I wonder how my warlord ice friends would feel reading this lol. A 70 ice wizard who struggles to do 150 damage on you has got to be a private or lower than that. In which case, everything is possible. Anything is possible in the league of privates, but for warlords and overlords, it's a whole different story. Maybe one day if you get there you'll understand.

It's really easy to put up a fight against an Ice wizard, and a Life wizard. They're both weak in damage, and both their spells/gear have major weaknesses to them. For example: Guardian Spirit could be a complete waste if dispelled. The crafted Zafarian gear for Ice lowers down their damage boost, as well as making all other school's resist lower, and making it easier for wizards to convert against them.
I bet you just look at ice's damage boost, which can be as low as 33% and you'e like: "man, these wizards are weak". What you don't know is that in the arena, damage boost matters little. Actually, a lot of the really GREAT pvp players from any school have low damage boost. Mine right now is just 49% (for fire), and I know a REALLY GREAT myth pvp player whose damage boost is just about the same. I bet if you would just glance at our damage boost and didn't look at our rank, you'd be like: " man, these wizards are weak". Let me tell you this once and for all so you know and understand. Many great pvp players give up damage boost for healing boost and critical rating (and block). Because they know that pvp nowadays is all about outlasting your opponent. No matches is going to last3 to 4 turns (unless a storm is involved). So a huge boost is required to keep you from dying, having to heal often. THAT buys you time to come up with a strategy.

Man, I thought you said you were good at pvp.
LOL and I thought you actually knew a thing about pvp.

To conclude, I respect your opinion, but just don't agree with it... yet. I guess everyone has their time of quitting, (I won't in decades) and some still have hope of pvp being balanced again, as I do believe that the new world will be far greater and will contain better gear. Well, if you are quitting, cya, if you aren't, hope we pvp some day.


And I respect your opinion as well. Pvp some day? That is very unlikely to happen...

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
grvy123 wrote:
doudjy wrote:
Dear KI,

It was hard for me to take this decision, well actually, it wasn't...KI, you, made it very easy. I've posted on these forums before, though not often, so let me say this. I only play wizard101 for pvp. Now that I'm on vacation, I spend about 6 to 8 hours a day playing wizard101. It's by far the most exciting game I have played. Of course like every game it has its flaws, and KI has a great staff making improvements, however, recent additions to the game have just made it un interesting for me to keep playing wizard101.

Like I said, I only pvp. EVERYTHING I do in the game is related to pvp, i.e in order for me to become a better pvp player. For instance, I became a grandmaster artisan just so i could craft better gear for pvp. I spent HOURS farming so I could hatch to get better pets, buy reagents to craft etc. So, if I think that pvp is broken, I will not be interested in it, and if I'm no longer interested in pvp, I'm not interested in the game at all. I am far from being the only customer with the same mindset. KI knows that a large number of his customers are pvp hardcores, and will stop playing if pvp if pvp no longer works.

With the addition of Avalon, a lot of new spells come out. And I can't help but asking this question to your staff KI, do you guys even play the game that you're selling? I really don't think you do, or if you do, I think you guys only quest, and don't pvp at all. Because, if you did there is NO reason you would NOT think that a spell like Guardian Spirit would become problematic. Guardian Spirit has made pvp un attractive, and I will stop paying to pvp until you come up with a solution for it.

For those of you who don't know, Guardian Spirit is a spell (like an aura) that revives a player with 25% of his/her health if the player dies. But that's not all, life can also CRITICAL the spell, and since critical double the amount of anything, that 25% just went up to a 50% health back, but WAIT, there IS more, life boost ALSO affects the spell. So, the average life wizard has around 3800 health (with the new updates). So, you can see how it feels to try to bring down an ALREADY healer wizard with a "Guardian Spirit". This spell HAS to be change. Life wizards now spam the spell in the arena. They add elucidate on it, so it only cost them 3 pips, and they can keep casting it over and over again.

Currently, my rank is 1362, most of which has been acquired through 1v1 matches. Over 800 matches play, so I don't think ANYONE can school me on how to pvp. So if people are to going to reply with: "oh bring dispels", or "infections", or "doom and gloom", don't bother. I also change my strategy from time to time. Actually, I don't even have a fixed strategy, it all depends on who I'm fighting (i.e the school, and style of the player). My deck is set up in a way that I can use 4 different strategies in the same match! If you are a life wizard, that's great! You benefit a lot from it, and can thank KI for giving you a spell without thinking about the consequences.

I'm not even going to touch the so-not-worth-it new crafting gear. They are just a tiny update from the level 66 crafting gear, and I have no intention of wasting good reagents on them. But let me touch on ice's new gear that allows them to get over 80% resist to fire and storm, while STILL maintaining their huge health.

KI, I seriously am begining to think that you have no consideration whatsoever for Fire and Storm students. Last time you gave ice the possibility of getting 70% + resist to those schools, a lot of people came out and voiced their opinions against it. Yet, with these new updates you're giving ice even MORE resist to the same schools. And that's not all with addition of the piercing blades, ice can now cut through storm and fire's already low resist. So an ice who cast a spell with blades icespear, elemental spear and tc infallible will do A LOT more damage than a fire or storm who does the same. Because the ice has a monsrous resist.
Oh, and thanks for the no-use-4-pips detonate spell. Same for the useless trap version of supercharge.

This is fine, I have no interests, nor do my friends, to keep pvping in conditions like these. I will stil log in and talk to my friends as I have many of them, but you have given us ZERO interests to keep paying for pvp. Perhaps you do not even care, I am sure the number of people who don't care about pvp outnumber those who do. So, you'll still have plenty of customers. My friends and I just will NOT be of them.

Sincerely,


there is a way to beat the guardian spirit and thats 2 one shot kills in a row
so your enemy cant put another guardian spirit on

and for the ice resist hating

there is a reason for peirce use it


Some life wizards will get 3500 health back when with spell, how do you 2 shots kill that? ...before the life has time to fully health with a pixie or satyr

As for using pierce, thanks, I didn't know the spell existed, so thanks for telling me about its existance. I'm sure it'll make a big difference cutting through 87% percent of resistance!

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
darthjt wrote:


You know, I respect you Doudjy, you usually bring up good points, are very precise, and present facts when posting.

And I respect you as well...

However, I must disagree with you here. Doom & Gloom is the answer you are searching for in regards to the Guardian Spirit Spell. Since I know you are Fire, I will give you the strategy to win in a moment.
Yeah, a lot of people seem to think so. First let me say that even before the spell came out, I usually carry 2 to 3 tc dooms in deck, so I am very accustomed to the spell, and am ready to use it. But, when it comes to Guardian Spirit, the spell is only effective if you cast it before Guardian spirit. And since life wizards usually cast G.S. as soon as possible, one would have to find doom and cast it on first or second second round. Or, you might have to dispel. But what if those spells don't come up? Then life will gently cast its spell, and you'll to know start preparing an extremely difficult double kill. To top it all, if life is first, you can forget about trying to prevent the spell from being cast. So, do we really have to fight not only a wizard, but a certain spell? Tell me, what kind of spell requires this hassle? It is a lot easier to deal bolt spammers who tend to get lucky.

Secondly, you stated that Fire's new spells are useless? Say What?
Yes, I did. Let's see, backdraft is a trap that can be easily removed by cleanse ward. sigh, to see so many pips wasted by a zero pip spell.
Detonate is mostly useless because it is 4 pips. Let's imagine this scenario:
I cast a Dot (whatever that maybe). I am first, and right when it's my opponent's turn, I get one power pip. Great! The first round of the dot has done it damage, and the turn comes back to me. Now, IF another power pip, I can use it. BUT, if my pip fails, and I get a white pip (which is usually the case for fire because we have low pip percentage), then detonate just suddenly becomes useless. It should be no more than a 2 pip spell.

And you have a 1300 pvp rank? Find that hard to believe.
Actually, my rank now is 1409, and yes, believe it!

Here's why. The new Backdraft spell, leave's a fire "Trap" So, if you are so good, use Backdraft and a feint, shatter or pierce if necessary. No blades are needed on this one. A fire trap too, just in case life has a remove ward handy, which most dont. Immolate and Blam, instant death for 4 pips (2 Power Pips mind you)!

Lol, so while I'm doing all this, the life wizard is helping me by passing? You know full well Darth that this kind of "trap and attack" strategy don't work in the league of warlords against good opponents. I'm not saying that it's not ever gonna work, but once a good wizard has been defeated by it, he will figure out a way to counter it. For instance, one day, I lost twice to a balance wizard who kept using the feint, trap, shatter, and judgement strategy. That day we must have been the only 2 overlords pvping as we kept getting each other, the third time he tried it, he got BIG surprise. Not only did I have cleanse ward to get rid of his feints as soon as he put it, I also had empower in case I would'nt get the cleanse. I beat him the next 3 matches. I always expect the un expected when I fight an opponent. After all, that is how I beat a lot of great pvp players. At a time when hound was hugely popular and deadly, I would go for efreet and phoenix instead, or sometimes I would cast two sunbirds (plus enchanments) in a row. So, I doubt this strategy would even work against someone like me. Not to mention that there are a lot of cliches in it.

out of 14 pips, 7 power pips, that can leave a ton of pips remaining. Efreet, Heckhound, Immolate, a Plethora of attacks can be used to finish the life off after they are resurrected.
A lot of life now get resurrected with over 2500 health with the spell. You're not going to be able to kill them with a one hit spell in one turn.

Now, one suggestion I have made, is that Guardian spirit can be used on a player only once per battle.
I actually agree with this. Even though it would still make the spell overpowered. Because, remember that life were already hard to kill before the spell. Not because they were great hitters, but because they were great healers. But now with this spell...

Just in case all tactics have failed, all timing and cards are off, you can't get Doom & Gloom to be dominant, you do keep defeating Life, and somehow they always Critical that heal and return to full health. Of course, that's a bunch of Ifs.
Like I said, if they are first, then stop them from casting the spell becomes close to impossible. And actually, they do not need to critical the spell. I was fighting my life friend the other day (practice). She got resurrected with 2500 health, and guess what she did? She casted a pixie for over 1000 hp. Yup, start again!

Now, as for Ice's Resistance, I am on both sides of the fence on this one. Here's why. Fire and Storm can use crafted gear also, which gives them a huge amount of Critical,
Yes! But remember that critical is a luck factor. Even with over 200 critical rating, it is not always guaranteed you're going to get it. And even when you do get the critical, it takes another luck factor for them not to block it. On the other hand, 87% fire resist is NOT a luck factor, it is a fact that you may have to deal with for an entire pvp match. Let's say you do get lucky and critical, is that really going to make that much damage? Remember, while ice's resist was increased, fire's damage boost did NOT.

which can go through Ice's standard Critical Block, less of a chance if Ice is using a Mega Critical Block Wand or Conviction, but I think that is how KI is figuring out their mathmatics. However, in doing so, Fire & Storm both have to give up a good amount of Universal Resistance to all other schools to have that huge Critical Boost.
exactly...

It's all about strategies and figuring out ways to defeat every possible scenario.
I really do not see the strategy in relying on Guardian spirit

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Quote ichar000:
"Mana Burn takes 3 pips and do damage, it dont differentiate between white pips or power pips, so it actually is taking most of times 6 pips and doing decent damage, thats pretty too much. so players are forced to load more low pip spells, but guess what if you end up facing ice with that resist these low pip spells will not scratch him even. "

ichar000,

Actually I believe that Mana Burn really takes off the first three pips.
On most wizards this will always be the White pips, so it seldom takes 6 pips. The only wizard that have pips that high are Life, maybe Balance and maybe Death. Ice, Myth, fire, and Storm are always going to have plenty of white pips for Mana Burn to take.
It does damage based on the pips the opponent has, so it could do almost nothing, or it could do up to 1,120 plus gear boost, 1.6 =1792 times resist for about 1000 damage.
The problem is, the opponent gets to use those 14 pips, they are not gone.
So if they were attacking, the spell still goes off, and the damage is still done.
Anyone in PvP knows that by now, just by reading the boards.

Now add to that, Mana burn cannot be Gard or Colossaled.
It cannot have Pierce added to it, not even 10%, so it really has
been nerfed, fairly well. Any other spell that hit for 1020 or so can have Car or Colossal added, or Pierce.

So, I don't find Mana Burn that good of a spell, plus it has no Pierce Blade like all the other spells do.

I see very little reason for Balance to even PvP right now. They are at a huge disadvantage, and I have yet to see one beat a Fire or Life yet.

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
This isn't the first time I reply to you on these threads, and I am also certain that you are not close to being a warlord or commander, and since you have no idea what being a warlord is, you make stataments that reflect your lack of knowledge on how pvp at the top of the latter works.

No, of course I'm not a warlord, I just started pvping 5 seconds ago Seriously? You've never seen me pvp, and you're just making statements of:
Oh, you're no where close to warlord. Oh, that's why my rank(s) is/are higher. I have many different warlord accounts, not just wizards. Nice try on your theory though.

Just because I complain about the spell does NOT take away from me being a good pvper. You think only people who weren't good pvper complained about the old wild bolt? Why does it not make sense to you? ...because at the bottom of the latter of pvp, every school is virtually equal, whereas at the top, school such as fire and myth dominate (and now life). Of course, you wouldn't know that.

Yeah, actually complaining about a spell does make you simple-strategized and lazy. It's really funny how you think that I'm a private while you're the one struggling so hard against Life wizards. I didn't complain about Wild Bolt because I won against Wild Bolt spammers and hardly ever lost to them, I didn't complain about Judgement because I don't spam the spell and there's a comeback to it. I didn't complain about Insane Bolt because I know how to defend myself. I'm not someone that just does this:
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Ra
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Hydra
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Hydra...

No, I'm not like that. I use these spells:
Shatter
Doom and Gloom (85%)
Elucidate
Blade Treasures
Gargantuan TC's
Infallible TC's
Reshuffle
Vengeance then use Availing Hands and heal over 800 per round.

I'm not just simple-minded and just attack attack attack. No, I never let the enemy give me harsh hits. Have I ever been 1 hit KOed in pvp (Unless my friend was attempting for a max hit)? No, I haven't. I've never complained about a spell, and I've never wanted my school to be strong, because I like Balance the way it is: Since Balance is weaker now, it's more fun to play. I don't play a top school like Fire and say that I'm the best school in pvp, no. I hate the top 3 schools, and if Balance gets to the top 3, guess what, I'll ditch Balance and move on to a different school just like that.

Let me tell you this since you seem to be un aware of it. Doom and Gloom will only affect Guardian Spirit IF it is cast before the spell is cast.

Oh no! That seems like a problem! No, Guardian Spirit is used in the second round unless the Life wizard uses Elucidate. I never get Earthquake on me because of this:
I'm smart enough to actually know how to use Spirit Defuse to my advantage. Not that hard.

Life wizard now usually cast the spell once they get number of pips required. So what's your proposed solution? Start off the duel by casting a doom? That can turn back to hunt you big time, and besides, it's not as if you're going to be able to win a bubble war to keep doom up, which is a treasure.

My solution is that I tend to use Elucidate on Life dispels, making them 0 pips. Yes, 0! I actually gain pips the next round too (I have a whole bunch of Elucidates it's not even funny) Even if I run out of Life dispels, (Which I can find easily in the first round), I will use Doom and Gloom. Why does this never come to my disadvantage? Hmm, I'm not like you and never shields up, or if you do, you make it seem like you don't.

Life wizards now basically max out the spell, so unless you have tons of dispels to win an impossible war, then you're basically going to fight JUST to prevent a wizard from casting a spell. I love strategies, and When I fight fires, I love being able to prevent them from casting hound, but even if they do cast it, I can deal with it. But Guardian spirit is just another thing. Once the life wizard cast it, he/she can just focus on killing you, while you have to focus on killing him twice! How fair is that?

As I have said like a MILLION times, Life does NOT have a DoT! Use that as your advantage! This is actually the first time that kingsisle gave Life the opportunity to be good at 1v1.

This is exactly the kind of statement that just prove how little you know of pvp. Ice is very weak?? Really?? And what kind of ice have you been fighting before? Probably private ices and sergeants, which would explain your rank.
I'm not even going to elaborate on this any further, because you wouldn't know what I'm talking about anyway.


I really have no idea why you're so pumped and mad at me, but okay. Yes, Ice is really weak. Damage boost does matter a lot, it seems like you don't know much about the basic stats of pvp, just imagine this:

If Ice and Storm traded damage boost, and Ice would get 85%, and Storm would get 46%. Would you complain about Ice? Probably. Would I? Most likely. Why? Because damage boost is a very important factor in the game. I'm not just some random person that came up from the street and said: Hey, you're terrible at pvp. So don't act up like I've insulted you.

Oh an ice wizard struggled against you, and now that makes all the ice wizards weak? haha! This is just hilarious. I wonder how my warlord ice friends would feel reading this lol. A 70 ice wizard who struggles to do 150 damage on you has got to be a private or lower than that.

I thought I clearly stated this before? I never let my opponents use Shatter or Earthquake, I dispel at the right time, I usually use Elucidate, and I can shield up heavily as well as using Weaknesses. You should get to know my Balance wizard more:
42% resist
Has a lot of shields that it's insane to name them all
Has a shielding amulet
Has almost 4000 health now
Insane amount of Weaknesses
Pet is super defensive
I can attack at a rate of over 1000 damage per Spectral Blast
I can control Spectral Blast, Wild Bolt, Insane Bolt, and Healing Current
I'm not a low rank in pvp at all.

In which case, everything is possible. Anything is possible in the league of privates, but for warlords and overlords, it's a whole different story. Maybe one day if you get there you'll understand.

Really, I bet you make fun of privates as soon as you see them judging by the way you act. No, I'm not a low rank, I could actually be calling you a low rank right now.

I bet you just look at ice's damage boost, which can be as low as 33% and you'e like: "man, these wizards are weak".

No, I know how to pvp. I don't judge people from just their damage boosts, I can actually do the math in my head while pvping, and my calculations are almost never wrong, so I know EXACTLY when to heal and shield. Ice wizards can't catch up to me, and yes, their damage is weak, because I'm not a private that doesn't remove blades and shields.

What you don't know is that in the arena, damage boost matters little. Actually, a lot of the really GREAT pvp players from any school have low damage boost. Mine right now is just 49% (for fire), and I know a REALLY GREAT myth pvp player whose damage boost is just about the same. I bet if you would just glance at our damage boost and didn't look at our rank, you'd be like: " man, these wizards are weak". Let me tell you this once and for all so you know and understand. Many great pvp players give up damage boost for healing boost and critical rating (and block). Because they know that pvp nowadays is all about outlasting your opponent.

Wow, damage boost matters very little now? You exchange a whole bunch of damage boost for healing boost? I only exchanged a little! I have the Lexicon Blade and Aureate Band, soon to get the Valiant Longsword to get a whole bunch of critical block and critical rating, and then possibly the level 74 Ice wand after that. I do outlast my opponent, how do you think I made the Ice wizardS, not just wizard, struggle to keep up with my heals?

No matches is going to last3 to 4 turns (unless a storm is involved). So a huge boost is required to keep you from dying, having to heal often. THAT buys you time to come up with a strategy.

Healing often is the poorest thing to do in pvp. You don't heal whenever you think your health is low, you heal when your opponent can check you so therefore you know when your health is low. Other ways to do so is to check the small battle ring surrounded your wizard when it glows to see the colors, that indicates if you should heal or not.

LOL and I thought you actually knew a thing about pvp.
I'm sorry, but I'm not the one that said that there's a rank under private.

And I respect your opinion as well. Pvp some day? That is very unlikely to happen...

Yeah, pvping you is probably very unlikely to happen... :?

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
joujou11cool wrote:


No, of course I'm not a warlord, I just started pvping 5 seconds ago Seriously? You've never seen me pvp, and you're just making statements of:
Oh, you're no where close to warlord. Oh, that's why my rank(s) is/are higher. I have many different warlord accounts, not just wizards. Nice try on your theory though.


I haven't started pvp yesterday. I have had my share of pvp to know who really knows about pvp, and who are just pretending. I guess now, everyone on this forum has 20 accounts with 6 warlords of each one. Haha!
I don't need to see you pvp. I have read A LOT of what you post on these threads, and I can tell that you have very little comprehension of pvp. Statements such as "ice is very, very weak" would NEVER come out of the mouth of even the best pvp player in the game. A good ice, which you regular find at the top of the pvp latter will give anyone , regardless of their school! The only reason you would make such statement is because the type of ice wizard you fight are very weak. An ice wizard with a rank over 1000, acquired through 1v1, is really good. You would know that if indeed you were in the same league. Sorry, joujoucool11cool, but you don't sound credible at all when you say you have "many accounts warlord". By the way, I am looking at one of your older post right now in which you said you are "getting close to warlord", i.e you're not there. Hmm, I bet you didn't see this coming. So, which one of your wizard is warlord? LOL
On the other hand, if ever you wanted to verify my statement, my fire wizard name is Kevin Fireheart. I am usually on late at night, everyday...

Yeah, actually complaining about a spell does make you simple-strategized and lazy.
Really, how? I know a lot of great pvp player who were complaining about wild bolt. So, since you don't complain, I guess you're the best in the game. LOL
By the way, I wanted to verify your statement and took the liberty to look at a bunch of previous posts by you, and it's funny, because I am reading one right now where you are complaining about ice being overpowered? Are you also "simple-minded" Hahaha! I also read a lot of your posts where you complained about balance being "nerfed", hmm, I guess you're lazy? Haha!
How lucky am I? I am reading yet another one of your thread ("balance goes underpowered" where you're complaining about fire and storm being overpowered, and how balance isn't doing enough damage. Oh wow, who would have thought? what's that? Mr. I don't complain talking fire and storm being too strong, or even how death does too much damge compared to balance? In that thread you're basically begging for balance to "do more damage than Life, Death, and Ice again".
I bet you didn't see this coming back to haunt you, wanna take these statements back? ok, go ahead... LOL

It's really funny how you think that I'm a private while you're the one struggling so hard against Life wizards.
so now, not only are you warlord, but you also read minds? Did you use your super natural powers to read mind and saw that I struggled hard against life? haha, or is it another one of your baseless statements? Because nowhere did I remember say such thing. I once posted against ice having 75% resist to fire and storm, while I was still beating them! Last week I beat an ice with 93% resist to fire. 93!!! I still think it's unfair! Just because someone can beat a particular school does not very spell that school get is fair. So, what's your point? Complain=weak? Then I guess people such as darth are also weak, and since you're the only one "who doesn't complain", you're the strongest wizard here. Haha! Oh wait...you did complain about ice being "overpowered" (in the thread "ice") welcome to the club!

I didn't complain about Wild Bolt because I won against Wild Bolt spammers and hardly ever lost to them, I didn't complain about Judgement because I don't spam the spell and there's a comeback to it. I didn't complain about Insane Bolt because I know how to defend myself.
like I said, just because you can defeat a school does not mean that every spell they get is fair. KI is NOT perfect. They know it. They make mistakes and they come out and say it.

I'm not someone that just does this:
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Ra
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Hydra
Balanceblade
Dragonblade
Hydra...

No, I'm not like that. I use these spells:
Shatter
Doom and Gloom (85%)
Elucidate
Blade Treasures
Gargantuan TC's
Infallible TC's
Reshuffle
Vengeance then use Availing Hands and heal over 800 per round.

totally irrelevant...

I hate the top 3 schools, and if Balance gets to the top 3, guess what, I'll ditch Balance and move on to a different school just like that.
Oh, really? Because I am reading a thread in which you said this: " Balance used to be the dominant school for me, but now it's the dominATED school. "
If balance used to be the dominant school for you, then how come you were STILL playing it?? Haha! Wanna have that one back too?

Oh no! That seems like a problem! No, Guardian Spirit is used in the second round unless the Life wizard uses Elucidate. I never get Earthquake on me because of this:
I'm smart enough to actually know how to use Spirit Defuse to my advantage. Not that hard.

Haha! So you're saying that you prevent myth wizard from casting earth because of spirit diffuse?? A 5 pip spell? Haha! With statements like these, how am I supposed to believe that you're are warlord? So what if the myth is first, do you cast a spirit diffuse every round? lol
I mean, why hadn't anyone thought of this brillant strategy before? :D

My solution is that I tend to use Elucidate on Life dispels, making them 0 pips. Yes, 0! I actually gain pips the next round too (I have a whole bunch of Elucidates it's not even funny) Even if I run out of Life dispels, (Which I can find easily in the first round), I will use Doom and Gloom.
Brillant! By reading your post, I wonder how a life can ever cast a spell over 4 pips against you! I mean, even if their first, you will dispel them to death!
rofl

Why does this never come to my disadvantage? Hmm, I'm not like you and never shields up, or if you do, you make it seem like you don't.

Because you've seen me pvp before...?

As I have said like a MILLION times, Life does NOT have a DoT! Use that as your advantage! This is actually the first time that kingsisle gave Life the opportunity to be good at 1v1.
Oh thank you so much for informing us about life not having a DoT, because we obviously were unaware of this. sigh
Life wizards almost always carry myth amulet, and use earthquake and shatter, what you didn't know that? stop kidding...


Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
54
joujou11cool wrote:


I really have no idea why you're so pumped and mad at me, but okay.
Me, mad? Haven't you noticed all the Lol's in my posts? You've been making me laugh a lot lately, and I actually think you're a funny person, well I'm sure you didn't mean to be...

Yes, Ice is really weak. Damage boost does matter a lot,
Ok, so I went through my friend's list and wanted to verify yor statement. I looked at the stats of 13 pvp players with ranks above 1200 (myth and fire only), and guess what? not a single one one of them had boost over 50%, while they ALL had a minimum of 50% incoming healing boost. I even went further, and looked at the stats of great pvp players (again, myth and fire only) with ranks above 1000, and NONE of them had damage boost over 55% I mean, if boost is so important, then how come these players are so willing to sacrifice it? I can get over 70% boost on my fire if I wanted to, but do I care about it? No. Would I give up my 55% in 20% out healing boost for a damage boost over 60%, NO! And neither will any of my fire and myth warlord friends. What do YOU know that they do not.

it seems like you don't know much about the basic stats of pvp, just imagine this:

If Ice and Storm traded damage boost, and Ice would get 85%, and Storm would get 46%. Would you complain about Ice? Probably. Would I? Most likely. Why? Because damage boost is a very important factor in the game. I'm not just some random person that came up from the street and said: Hey, you're terrible at pvp. So don't act up like I've insulted you.


Haha! The more I read your post, the more obvious it is that you do not understand, neither know much about pvp. The above statement is just proving this. Ice already has the most health in the game (can get as high as over 5k), the highest resist, and with 85% boost, who would not complain? you see, it is not about the boost, it's about everything else. You see power as being equalled to boost, basically, the more boost one has, the more powerful he/she is. And you want me to believe you are anywhere near being a warlord? pleaseee, additionally, by your logic, why don't I complain about storm's boost? I mean they DO have 85% boost, so why am I not complaining? Because they really low health, I mean, is this really so hard to comprehend?

I thought I clearly stated this before? I never let my opponents use Shatter or Earthquake, I dispel at the right time, I usually use Elucidate, and I can shield up heavily as well as using Weaknesses. You should get to know my Balance wizard more:
Oh yeah? What if the myth is first? Do you dispel every round until your opponent flee? Haha! too funny...!

Really, I bet you make fun of privates as soon as you see them judging by the way you act. No, I'm not a low rank, I could actually be calling you a low rank right now.
Actually I don't. I was once a private. A good friend of mine who has left the game thought me the basic of pvp. I actually helped a lot of people pvp with their fire. 3 of my fire friends are now warlords with ranks above 1200, and I am the one who thought them how to pvp with fire. I told them to get their points back, what spell to train. What treasures to make. Then I would practice with them, I would even coach them when they were fighting, and now they are great pvp players with their own strategies and would give me a hard time, or even beat me.

No, I know how to pvp. I don't judge people from just their damage boosts, I can actually do the math in my head while pvping, and my calculations are almost never wrong, so I know EXACTLY when to heal and shield. Ice wizards can't catch up to me, and yes, their damage is weak, because I'm not a private that doesn't remove blades and shields.
Yup, I bet the ones you fight are indeed very weak...

Wow, damage boost matters very little now? You exchange a whole bunch of damage boost for healing boost? I only exchanged a little! I have the Lexicon Blade and Aureate Band, soon to get the Valiant Longsword to get a whole bunch of critical block and critical rating, and then possibly the level 74 Ice wand after that. I do outlast my opponent, how do you think I made the Ice wizardS, not just wizard, struggle to keep up with my heals?

Like I said, all of my warlords friends have healing boost with at least 50% in and 20% out. Fire and myth DOES have to give a lot in order to get this boost.

Healing often is the poorest thing to do in pvp.
It all depends on the strategy. And you don't even have to be the one doing the healing. I know a lot of people who heals over 200 a round with a sprite. Now, if their pet just cast 2 sprite while they are in a bad situation, that's over 400 heal a round for 3 rounds. You need a great boost for that though, and I know a lot of people who don't even carry satyr anymore, or they justt carry 1, because they can heal 1000 with a single pixie, and over 700 with a sprite over 3 rounds. But, how would you know that...?

You don't heal whenever you think your health is low, you heal when your opponent can check you so therefore you know when your health is low. Other ways to do so is to check the small battle ring surrounded your wizard when it glows to see the colors, that indicates if you should heal or not.
wait, what?? What does that even mean, when your oppoenent can "check" you? And you actually rely on the small ring besides your feet to know when to heal? Haha!! And you are warlord? Are you sure it is in wizard101?? Haha!

I'm sorry, but I'm not the one that said that there's a rank under private.
And I also used the term overlord, what you've never heard it before?
You could call me low rank?? Haha!! really? What is your rank, then? I bet it is 3000! LOL see, even people with 1700 rank, which are rare, won't call me a low rank. Are you that rank?? The more you try to convince that you are a warlord, the more you're coming across as being far from that. But I don't blame you...

Yeah, pvping you is probably very unlikely to happen... :?
At least there is something we can agree on. Besides, I don't ever get the chance to pvp people with rank below 1200. So, you see, fighting someone who's not even warlord is impossible. Oh well, let me when you get to warlord at least, since you mentioned in one of your previous posts that you were "getting there".

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Doudjy quote: "Ok, so I went through my friend's list and wanted to verify yor statement. I looked at the stats of 13 pvp players with ranks above 1200 (myth and fire only), and guess what? not a single one one of them had boost over 50%, while they ALL had a minimum of 50% incoming healing boost. I even went further, and looked at the stats of great pvp players (again, myth and fire only) with ranks above 1000, and NONE of them had damage boost over 55% I mean, if boost is so important, then how come these players are so willing to sacrifice it? I can get over 70% boost on my fire if I wanted to, but do I care about it? No. Would I give up my 55% in 20% out healing boost for a damage boost over 60%, NO! And neither will any of my fire and myth warlord friends. What do YOU know that they do not."

Myth and Fire are the two Wizards that don't need high boost, why because they have all the tools they need. On the other hand, depending on the player's stratergy, High damage may be reqired. I can see why someone would say that High Gear damge is required, and I can see why someone would say that it is not.
Some (maybe many) may disagree with this, but I firmly believe that the players with Low gear damage, use a better stratergy. The ones with High Gear Boost, use a simpler stratergy in most cases. I am basing this on the past year of pvp.
Plus anyone knows on healing boost, if you can't keep alive in combat, you lose. The hits have increased so much over the last year, that staying alive is getting harder and harder with these big one hit attacks.

Just my thoughts,
Joe.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
8
travisAk wrote:
I'm standing beside you on this one doudjy. Pvp is the only reason I play the game and unfortunately high lvl pvp has been getting so annoying to me that I may find something else to do with my life.

The problems:

(As you stated) Ice resistance to fire and storm.
Sry Kingsisle I respect you guys so much as you have given us such a great game but what the heck were you thinking on this one? Do you know what 80% fire resist combine with treasure Infalliable equal? Immunity for four rounds. Sry but prisms aren't functional from second and your spear idea makes me YOL (yawn out loud). Pls for heavens same nerf this gear, Core pvp players are turning their backs on the game.

Scratch and win arena.
Since dragonspyre, often referred to as the golden days of pvp, every update has brought some element of luck into the arena that has just made it brainless. You don't even have to think anymore... Crit and armor pierce is why I have stopped all my high level pvp accounts and play low level to escape it, unfortunately with your TC vengeance and now crown gear with low level crit chance and pierce weapons I feel like I have no where left to retreat to. Sry to be blunt but I believe a monkey can win a PvP match these days. To make it worse people who choose to fight at mid levels are forced through the matching system to fIght higher levels who have access to your critical system through their gear boosts, the only thing they have to block it is a conviction spell, that is broken.

Life spell.
Have not played high level in a year for above reasons but here and other fan sites the pvp bees are really mad.. Can't comment in the spell though but clearly it's affecting people. I can say though once you've earned a kill that person should stay dead.

With all the new developments I don't see a way back from many changes that affect pvp, it just saddens me. I could offer my vision of a balanced PvP for the future but that another thread, just wanted to mirror the frustration of Doudjy and give my honest opinion of pvp these days.

Main story line is amazing and everyone appreciates all the hard work I'm sure but like doudjy said, Do you guys even think about the impact on pvp when you introduce things like shatter Tc, craftable gear that gives 80% school specific resist with pet talents or ressurection spells?


you should get a level 40 to 50 wizard and pvp with it.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1558
Me, mad? Haven't you noticed all the Lol's in my posts? You've been making me laugh a lot lately, and I actually think you're a funny person, well I'm sure you didn't mean to be...

I honestly do hate it when I can't hear or know what tone the other person is using

Ok, so I went through my friend's list and wanted to verify yor statement. I looked at the stats of 13 pvp players with ranks above 1200 (myth and fire only), and guess what? not a single one one of them had boost over 50%, while they ALL had a minimum of 50% incoming healing boost. I even went further, and looked at the stats of great pvp players (again, myth and fire only) with ranks above 1000, and NONE of them had damage boost over 55% I mean, if boost is so important, then how come these players are so willing to sacrifice it? I can get over 70% boost on my fire if I wanted to, but do I care about it? No. Would I give up my 55% in 20% out healing boost for a damage boost over 60%, NO! And neither will any of my fire and myth warlord friends. What do YOU know that they do not.

I'm saying again, damage boost is a very important factor in the game. Do I have a huge amount of incoming healing boost? Yes. Do I also have big damage boost? I used to have 81% but gave it all up for resist and healing boost. I now have 65% damage boost. Hmm, what I know that your friends do not... Let's see:
I can easily calculate damage without using a calculator, and I can tell if I'm at a KO point or not whether I should heal. The ring was just an example, but I do use clear math to heal and know when to heal, and also judge by how I should heal. Wizard101 is like my additional math study system.

Haha! The more I read your post, the more obvious it is that you do not understand, neither know much about pvp. The above statement is just proving this. Ice already has the most health in the game (can get as high as over 5k), the highest resist, and with 85% boost, who would not complain? you see, it is not about the boost, it's about everything else.

You're meaning to tell me that the Storm wizards that you fight have lower stats on everything else? Really? I fight them with 41% resist, 90% damage boost, 42% INCOMING healing boost and more, about 20% accuracy, and 181 critical rating. I fight them at much higher stats and still win, all they lack of is their health, but health is almost nothing if you have big stats.

You see power as being equalled to boost, basically, the more boost one has, the more powerful he/she is. And you want me to believe you are anywhere near being a warlord? pleaseee, additionally, by your logic, why don't I complain about storm's boost? I mean they DO have 85% boost, so why am I not complaining? Because they really low health, I mean, is this really so hard to comprehend?

The more and more I have to point out here:
I don't fight the simple 1500 rank Storm wizards that you do, I fight many that are well over 2000 most of the time, and very few battles against them I fight under 1200.

Oh yeah? What if the myth is first? Do you dispel every round until your opponent flee? Haha! too funny...!

I'm not going to give out every single little piece of my strategy, because that's not what I'm here on the message boards for. I don't care how many times a Myth wizard can attack me, let them use Basilisk, I have Triage and Availing Hands to heal over 800 per round. Let them Orthrus, it won't hurt much with my resist and Weaknesses. I don't care to shield spam on Myth wizards, because they have Pierce and Shatter. Against Myth, it's not what you place on yourself, it's more based on the opponent. (I have multiple types of Weaknesses that I can simply use to drain my opponent's deck, and I can spam Balance dispels to take the Reshuffles, which would leave them with a hard time defeating me). I could also use Mighty Judgement to dispel them, as well as Spiritual Defuse and Elucidate+Myth dispel combo. But, I don't use the same strategy on all wizards. It depends if they're any good or not, and trust me, the better you are, the harder it is to defeat me. If the wizard is not Myth, 2-3 dispels is all that's needed unless they have a wand, I'll just use my spells on the opponent (Weakness, Plague, Virulent Plague, Power Nova, etc.)

Actually I don't. I was once a private. A good friend of mine who has left the game thought me the basic of pvp. I actually helped a lot of people pvp with their fire. 3 of my fire friends are now warlords with ranks above 1200, and I am the one who thought them how to pvp with fire. I told them to get their points back, what spell to train. What treasures to make. Then I would practice with them, I would even coach them when they were fighting, and now they are great pvp players with their own strategies and would give me a hard time, or even beat me.

I've taught many different schools comboes, and I once gave my friend a replica of my deck when I was a Magus (Try me, I keep picutres of them EVERY time I change it, even if it's the smallest thing), and he went beyond warlord into the 2000's. I taught my Fire friend basically all he needed to fight without waterworks gear, and he defeated warlords with 42%+ resist, and he hardly had any resist at all! (Using Efreet when you've tooken damage then using Link/Power Link is a pretty cool combo).

Yup, I bet the ones you fight are indeed very weak...
To me, rank 1999- is nothing. That's like garbage rank to me, unless the person is really good and still climbing up ranks. But honestly, I am not telling anyone my strategy or even a hint of it, just the tiniest of puzzle pieces that can and never will be solved. There's still the middle pair that's going to show how good I am in pvp... (I'm still human, I still lose. I don't think of myself as some lossless person that's never going to lose, because I've lost many battles, as well as won them)

It all depends on the strategy. And you don't even have to be the one doing the healing. I know a lot of people who heals over 200 a round with a sprite. Now, if their pet just cast 2 sprite while they are in a bad situation, that's over 400 heal a round for 3 rounds. You need a great boost for that though, and I know a lot of people who don't even carry satyr anymore, or they justt carry 1, because they can heal 1000 with a single pixie, and over 700 with a sprite over 3 rounds. But, how would you know that...?
You're making me laugh at the "How would you know that?" stuff. Really, I have a friend with 113% healing boost, and he heals A LOT with a Sprite that it takes 1 Satyr to heal him, and he uses Guardian Spirit. He's one of those people that's easily going to get to rank 3000 with hardly any losses. He doesn't even have the Crescent Axe of the Astrals (The one that gives armor piercing and healing boost, as well as 30 block rating and 20 critical rating and 1 power pip start) yet! Yep, I was surprised when he said that yet. He'll then have 125% healing boost, and he usually criticals his heals, so Guardian Spirit already heals MORE then his top health, and he chose me over many people on his friends list to ranked 4v4 with. Let's calculate his Guardian Angel
I think his health is 3663???

25% of that would be 915. 915x2=1830+125%=4117. So yes, I very much do know many friends that are very powerful, and that I have faced and have defeated (Nope, I didn't defeat my friend yet, don't expect me to)

wait, what?? What does that even mean, when your oppoenent can "check" you?
You don't play chess? Check the opponent, get him/her to the kill point.

And you actually rely on the small ring besides your feet to know when to heal? Haha!! And you are warlord? Are you sure it is in wizard101?? Haha!
Nope, I used that ring as an example of when to heal instead of just healing often (As you said you did) I heal mathematically.

And I also used the term overlord, what you've never heard it before?
You could call me low rank?? Haha!! really? What is your rank, then? I bet it is 3000! LOL see, even people with 1700 rank, which are rare, won't call me a low rank. Are you that rank?? The more you try to convince that you are a warlord, the more you're coming across as being far from that. But I don't blame you...

I've heard of overlord many times before, yes, and my rank you wanted to know? Just a question: Would rank 1992 be a high expectancy for a Balance wizard? But I'll be honest here: I have no idea what overlord is, I can guess it though. Someone that is over warlord, moved on past the 1000 rank, but the title isn't given to you.

At least there is something we can agree on. Besides, I don't ever get the chance to pvp people with rank below 1200. So, you see, fighting someone who's not even warlord is impossible. Oh well, let me when you get to warlord at least, since you mentioned in one of your previous posts that you were "getting there".

Oh yes, I did say that I was getting there. But, did you not look at the date of when I posted that? That's now an archive, and an archive is from the past, I've gotten to my rank fast, believe me. Getting to 900 was fairly easy, ever since that, PvP is kind of fun.