Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why bother?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
13
Why bother even having a PvP system if you aren't going to maintain it? I'm tired of logging in and dealing with the following issues:

1) No PvP reset, or Rankings.
2) Win a duel and the game thinks you've fled because it's not sending you back to the start. Wait for 5 minutes to be able to enter another duel.
3) Getting to Warlord and having to wait 30 minutes plus for a match, only to have:
4) Your opponent de-leveling so they can get matches again, forcing you a win onto you, and raising your level to where you now have more issues getting a match.
5) Be notified you have a duel, only to have your opponent watching with a second account to make sure they aren't matched with a balance or myth, and have the duel status go back to "Waiting for Opponent."
6) Allowing broken strategic spells to continue to be used. Nothing worse than being repeatedly Wild Bolted by a Life Wiz. If you want Wild Bolt, make a Storm.
7) Dealing with duelists that think being lippy to everyone is proper PvP etiquette. How about having some random KI employees dropping in on matches every once in awhile, this is the only place in Wiz101 that you can't escape someone that thinks it's alright to play out their relationship drama in front of you for an entire hour duel.


If you can't fix things or don't care about this segment of the game, just put it back to the old style Arena where we walk in and get a pickup match whenever we want.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
117
Rydogg wrote:
Why bother even having a PvP system if you aren't going to maintain it? I'm tired of logging in and dealing with the following issues:

1) No PvP reset, or Rankings.
2) Win a duel and the game thinks you've fled because it's not sending you back to the start. Wait for 5 minutes to be able to enter another duel.
3) Getting to Warlord and having to wait 30 minutes plus for a match, only to have:
4) Your opponent de-leveling so they can get matches again, forcing you a win onto you, and raising your level to where you now have more issues getting a match.
5) Be notified you have a duel, only to have your opponent watching with a second account to make sure they aren't matched with a balance or myth, and have the duel status go back to "Waiting for Opponent."
6) Allowing broken strategic spells to continue to be used. Nothing worse than being repeatedly Wild Bolted by a Life Wiz. If you want Wild Bolt, make a Storm.
7) Dealing with duelists that think being lippy to everyone is proper PvP etiquette. How about having some random KI employees dropping in on matches every once in awhile, this is the only place in Wiz101 that you can't escape someone that thinks it's alright to play out their relationship drama in front of you for an entire hour duel.


If you can't fix things or don't care about this segment of the game, just put it back to the old style Arena where we walk in and get a pickup match whenever we want.
I think they should just have the ranked thing split up. Veterans and lower on the side where the practice used to be, and knights and up on the original ranked side. Then, for practices, just open back up the walk-in arena plz! sometimes you wanna choose who you wanna fight without wasting all the time treistering, and setting up the game, and etc. they just wanna play.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
13
Thought this bug was fixed.

Was matched today with my level 19 Captain, fighting with a level 18 Private and was matched with a Grandmaster Life and Grandmaster Storm, both Warlords.

I mean really......on what level is that a match?

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
Rydogg wrote:
Thought this bug was fixed.

Was matched today with my level 19 Captain, fighting with a level 18 Private and was matched with a Grandmaster Life and Grandmaster Storm, both Warlords.

I mean really......on what level is that a match?


Plenty of people are complaining about lvls 1-10 defeating grands.... so my question to you is.... how is it NOT fair?

Ayway... you can get more health for those times if you really want to. A lvl 12 can get over 1,000 health just be picking the right clothes and stuff. (I have done it)

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42 Balance/Ice

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
72
Merekid wrote:
Rydogg wrote:
Thought this bug was fixed.

Was matched today with my level 19 Captain, fighting with a level 18 Private and was matched with a Grandmaster Life and Grandmaster Storm, both Warlords.

I mean really......on what level is that a match?


Plenty of people are complaining about lvls 1-10 defeating grands.... so my question to you is.... how is it NOT fair?

Ayway... you can get more health for those times if you really want to. A lvl 12 can get over 1,000 health just be picking the right clothes and stuff. (I have done it)

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42 Balance/Ice
there is nothing better in this game then to take a low lvl say a lvl 25 and beat a grandmaster i do not bolt on my low lvl and i play with gold cards (ice)how can you win with out them and to me people should not get mad when they are out played by a low lvl its happened to me and i didnt really understand how i could have let myself be beat like that but i guess it happens


scot deathhammer grandmaster fire warlord
scot deathhammer grandmaster storm warlord
scot deathhammer grandmaster balance warlord
morgrim grandmaster myth warlord
scot deathammer lvl 29 ice warlord
kane life noob <--- it just says noob where the rank should be

Defender
May 09, 2009
161
Rydogg wrote:
Why bother even having a PvP system if you aren't going to maintain it? I'm tired of logging in and dealing with the following issues:

1) No PvP reset, or Rankings.
2) Win a duel and the game thinks you've fled because it's not sending you back to the start. Wait for 5 minutes to be able to enter another duel.
3) Getting to Warlord and having to wait 30 minutes plus for a match, only to have:
4) Your opponent de-leveling so they can get matches again, forcing you a win onto you, and raising your level to where you now have more issues getting a match.
5) Be notified you have a duel, only to have your opponent watching with a second account to make sure they aren't matched with a balance or myth, and have the duel status go back to "Waiting for Opponent."
6) Allowing broken strategic spells to continue to be used. Nothing worse than being repeatedly Wild Bolted by a Life Wiz. If you want Wild Bolt, make a Storm.
7) Dealing with duelists that think being lippy to everyone is proper PvP etiquette. How about having some random KI employees dropping in on matches every once in awhile, this is the only place in Wiz101 that you can't escape someone that thinks it's alright to play out their relationship drama in front of you for an entire hour duel.


If you can't fix things or don't care about this segment of the game, just put it back to the old style Arena where we walk in and get a pickup match whenever we want.



out of all these i agree most with number 7, i think that KI emplyees should drop randomly in on matches to make sure no one is being mean to other players.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
4
Ya, i agree with the person who made this post not only for the reasons stated but also for a few others. When players try to cast a one hit attack such as the "wild bolt" and it successfully defeats someone it can be quite ridiculous.
I mean, yes it's a great spell but not for pvp because it takes the fun out of it and it gets to the point of the pvp not being a duel. Instead it's like what i like to call a "Hit and Run". You hit them,then you port out without a word which is like running away.