Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why bother

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
A few days ago I was playing in a duel I was a adept lvl 28 vetteran fighting a lvl 12 warlord I had used immolate then she wildbolted me and that was over.I think more grands are losing to adept just because of wildbolt

reply if this ever happen to you :D

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
This happend but I was on the other side of the stick.... meaning I won with a bolt instead of getting hit by one.

Now before you bite my nose off over it, I want to make it clear that I'm lvl 42.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that people are loosing more from bolts, but that's because they would rather waist their time complaining instead of learning.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42 Balance/Ice

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
ok thats it. the line has been found,and crossed.before i go insane i want to make somethings clear to u.

try thinking of this from another piont of view(my point for instance).
u r a diviner in pvp.u r not breaking any rules,and u r not cheating when u whip out a wild bolt. there is only a 10% chance of it working,so your thinkin,"meh, probally not gonna hit." u see,many diviners use this spell sort of like a lottery(or at least i do). if it dosent work,not surprised,life goes on. if it does,then holy cow that awesome.

the enemy,however,could have protected himself from this attack using a shield(im sure you have had that lecture before,though,so i wont bore you to sleep with it.)

now sum people choose 2 have their whole strategy centered around wild bolt.this is also ok(and trust me,very effective!).

now teasure cards, ill admitt, are not cool. but let me telll u sumthing.its pathetic;not cheating.difference.wut can KI do about it?nothing. its part of life.

sure,u died.sure,u lost.does the space time continuom go on?it does

Wolf deathcaller 50 diviner(or better known as)
The fat pizza man

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
So I see, wild bolt is killing you, correct? Here's some advice, it helped me a lot.

Sometimes people don't realize how little a weakness will stop them when using wild bolt. They waste their time getting rid of it. So here's what you should to do:

1. Buy a lot of weakness and storm shield treasure cards
2. But a weakness/tower shield amulet
3. Since you are a fire wizard, put your ice/storm shield in your deck.
4. If you are really serious about stopping wild bolt, buy treasure satyr or dissapate storm cards.
5. apply all of the above on your oppent/yourself to overwhelm them. They will either flee or call you a cheater. But

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
DeathCaller you are one sick,sick man if ya think using bolts is cool.

you said-you died, you lost big deal-

you ever heard of rank and tickets?

My friend and me were warlord and overlord in one day we went back to private in one day and one move, who can guess what it was? BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
WE worked so hard with our own learned cards and lost about 3000 ranking points!

I AM SO TIRED OF IT MAN!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
MasterColeman wrote:
WE worked so hard with our own learned cards and lost about 3000 ranking points!

I AM SO TIRED OF IT MAN!

I'm afraid I find this story difficult to believe. You lost 3000 ranking between you? That means you lost 1500 ranking each. If we assume that you're losing 20 ranking points each match, that's losing 300 matches in a row (more matches played if you happened to win some).

I have a difficult time believing someone who could obtain warlord wouldn't learn to put storm shields in their deck after say loss number 5.

My ranking is 1650+. I lose lots of matches. However, most of the time I lose to something other than wild bolt.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I am feeling the topic of this thread not just because of wildbolt... I was a life/balance and decided to try a new school and though i survive more.. I am being paired up with captians and warlords and these kids have like 1.2k health but yet I cant never seem to throw the right combo... I am losing left and right and I keep declinging im down to 1451 and only won 2 matches against people who were privates like myself... Something honestly needs to be done about the PVP in here so that those of us who want to fight in ranked matches are paired with people of our own Rank... Why must I want to be on the verge of never PVPing if these kids walk onto the field with a higher advantage... I want it to be about a fun competition not an elite fest here you know...

So admins of wizard 101 I wanted to say you have a great game but we need to do something about this PVP matching and work on tweaking it around I feel like some of these matches are rigged. Give us new comers to the PVP a break

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
MasterColeman wrote:

My friend and me were warlord and overlord in one day we went back to private in one day and one move, who can guess what it was? BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait..... if you could get to warlord and overlord in ONE day.... why are you upset?

Also why complain about losing if you get tickets ether way?

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
The pvp setup is crazy. One time me and my friend, we entered a ranked match on the same team. So guess who are opponents are. A balance and storm WARLORD! And we were just privates! So we got killed by bolt and judgement. The End.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
"scorch68" wrote:
I'm afraid I find this story difficult to believe. You lost 3000 ranking between you? That means you lost 1500 ranking each. If we assume that you're losing 20 ranking points each match, that's losing 300 matches in a row (more matches played if you happened to win some).

Public school math. Fail.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
"scorch68" wrote:

Public school math. Fail.

Whoops, 75 matches. My argument still stands.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
MasterColeman wrote:

yes as a matter of a fact i am saying wild bolt is cool. i dont care if u think im sick, and i certainly dont care if u and ur buddy got owner in pvp. u could have defended ur selves, u could have killed him b4 he killed u, u could have weaknessed him, u could have lowered his accuracy.wut if the other guy said(squeaky pitiful voice)," but u using judgment(or wutever wunderfully fair spell that got u to warlord in the first place) isnt fair! i should be able to do wutever i want and u stand there like a dead fish!" this, however ,is wut u sound like rite now.im sorry if i may sound unreasonably harsh right now, but im not able to find a reason why i shoud feel pity 4 u.after all, u got urself to warlord once, u can do it again.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I agree with the treasure cards. A level 12 diviner/wizard using Wild Bolt? xD No wonder wizards die.

I have two suggestions, KingsIsle, to make PvP more memorable, fair, and fun.

Disable ALL treasure cards in PvP duels. ANY PvP duels.
Losses should not drop points and/or ranks.