Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why am I so weak?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
ok, i am a lvl 51 pyromancer. i can kill monsters within a few turns.
but i was at the arena, and i fought this mean lvl 62 and he beat me no suprise. but afterwards, he said "weak." i said "compared to you, yeah."
the he said" no. compared to my lvl 45 character." that made me mad so i hurried up and said good game and left. then he private chated me and called me a mean word. i reported him for it. the entire event got me worked up, so i switched around my deck. it seemed better offenseively. so i 1vs1 again. this time i fought this myth wiz and he fought me. it took over 20 rounds, but he beat me. i checked his stats. HE WAS LVL 34. i don't know why he beat me. im not complaining. but can anyone help me figure out whats wrong with my strategy?

ryan blueriver

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
A golden rule in the arena is not to use the same approach you would to fight monsters, or else you will get clobbered, regardless of level or school. Use your Damage over Time spells to your advantages, see if that higher level is laughing after you have 4 Links going around him at once, each of which was buffed with a Fireblade. Don't underestimate lower-ranked DoTs, but balance them out with high damage spells like Helephant as well.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
wahlykid wrote:
ok, i am a lvl 51 pyromancer. i can kill monsters within a few turns.
but i was at the arena, and i fought this mean lvl 62 and he beat me no suprise. but afterwards, he said "weak." i said "compared to you, yeah."
the he said" no. compared to my lvl 45 character." that made me mad so i hurried up and said good game and left. then he private chated me and called me a mean word. i reported him for it. the entire event got me worked up, so i switched around my deck. it seemed better offenseively. so i 1vs1 again. this time i fought this myth wiz and he fought me. it took over 20 rounds, but he beat me. i checked his stats. HE WAS LVL 34. i don't know why he beat me. im not complaining. but can anyone help me figure out whats wrong with my strategy?

ryan blueriver

Ryan,

For anyone to really be able to help you, they need to know the Gear you have, and how your Deck and TC side is set up. If you are not using Monsterous on your cards, that could be one thing. If you are not using your Aura or TC blades, that could add to it. There are many factors, pet boost, gear boost, etc, etc.
After you get your Gear and Deck setup correctly, the next thing you need to understand is when to use your cards. Using the correct card at the correct time, setting up your attacks, timing, stratergy on each class of wizards, Weakness, and understanding what you need to control, are just the beginning.
After you get some basic help from this posting, I would strongly suggest that you go to Central and directly to the Fire Guides. Read Every Fire guide that you can. Print off the good ones and read them several times. As you gain experience in PvP Practice matches, go back and read them again.
Btw, if you went directly into a Ranked Match, that was a mistake. I would suggest to anyone to go into Practice, and play at least 20 to 30 matches.
I started off in Ranked, and lost my first 13 matches, I could still kick myself for that one. My brother sat there laughing at me, saying "These are the funniest matches that I have ever watched....". I lost all 13 of them in about two hours, I was trying play like I was in PvE.
Let me say this, those loses helped me more than they hurt, they were my greatest learning tool. I learned more in my loses than I ever learned in my wins.

Don't be one of those people that play 10 matches and say, ok, I'm ready for a Rank, as Rank is much harder to play. Plus the practice matches will allow you to fine tune your Deck and TC Sidedeck. Plus it helps you with understanding how the Myth, Ice, Death, Life, Fire, etc Wizards play and what their stratergies are.
Once you get the Basics down, start working on setting up combos for a final kill. This is not as easy as it sounds, as you need to know exactly what each combo can hit for, on each Gear setup Resist.
You don't want to fire off your combo and have the wizard with 50 health left, and heals for 900 with a satyr.
Next practice on getting the right cards in hand, when you need then. Know the basics like reshuffle, and cloak and exactly how they work.
When you get this far, then you can start to learn how to PvP and move over to Ranked.

Good luck,
Joe.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
well you might need some better armor in pvp you learn that critical doesnt matter because they usually block anyway so you'd want some of the best damage/resist armor you can get if you dont have enough gold fight some cl monsters or anything over rank 6 they're clothes drops usually cost 1000 or more gold, and if you get an amulet well i got one that cost about 15000 gold so hopes this helps