Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which is better, myth or life for pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
ok my problem is that i'm flip flopping between my life and myth because i heard that myth is very good in pvp but i also know that life is also. so my problem is i cant decide if i should do myth or life for pvp. can any body pls help me decide xD.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
skoo1 wrote:
ok my problem is that i'm flip flopping between my life and myth because i heard that myth is very good in pvp but i also know that life is also. so my problem is i cant decide if i should do myth or life for pvp. can any body pls help me decide xD.

For 1v1, Myth is better.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
skoo1 wrote:

Skoo1,

Let me state this without any in my mind, go with Myth.
Myth has all the tools you need for PvP, and is without question the best
school as you get to level 60. At level 70, Fire and Myth are both rated at the top, and are just awesome to play. Myth has so many options, that you can change your stratergy anytime you need to while in battle.

If you plan on just pvping at lower levels, then I would not suggest Myth.
Remember, certain Wizards has real advantages at certain levels, you will not find one Wizard who is great at all levels.

So, if your goal is to bring one up to the upper levels and then PvP, I would suggest Myth.
Why am I not suggesting Life, well they have issues with shields. I know you can add in the Myth amulet and learn Earthquake and use shatter, but Myth allows you to use your gear boost on each hit. There are many other factors that play into this, but Myth is clearly the better Wizard for 1v1, no question about it.

Joe.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
skoo1 wrote:

The best ones to chose is both. Because life can heal while myth can use very powerful attacks.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
Mario2463 wrote:
skoo1 wrote:

For 1v1, Myth is better.
Sorry pal butboth are good in their own ways I for one have a warlord in every school but schools are only better than the others at levels myth is a good shield breaker school and life is a good team/ healer school so, myth does have many advantages but I am more of a life person.

WolfShadowstalker
level 5 - 69

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Life is easily the top school for pvp (although not everyone knows it). Just slap a Myth Mastery with a few quakes and your near immortal with gnomes as your main method of dealing insane damage (I myself perfer OHKOing with gnome). The only bad part about being life is in the higher ranks you get a lot of haters complaining that you win to much lol.

Although I think myth is an amazing school if used properly, I'd go with being a life wizard any day.

Historian
May 01, 2010
I have a tranc. life, (8 points till warlord), and a myth that I am training up, and is sure as heck going to pvp with it.... so I can only say the disadvantages to life.
Life dispels: This spell is EXTREMELY common, and going second, can be a major pain, and you cant afford to be predictable in attacking, or carry a fair amount of life dispels to hopefully dispel a dispel heading your way when attacking.
Minions: Also very common, fire, ice, and myth can meteor, blizzard, or humongofrog your minions away without enchantments, while also damaging you a bit, you CAN if you have a myth mastery, carry frogs and gargantuans to apply that, but personally, I cant do that (deck is crammed as it is), so I just carry seraphs and centaurs.

My advice, is rank up 1 at a time, going whichever you like the most.... because any school can be good at pvp, so it is really your personal prefrence....

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Myth is the better choice for many reasons:

1. Minions- Myth has a nice variety of minions. The cyclops minion is better known as a offensive minion, pip cost 1-4, health based on pips paid: 1 pip 150 health, 2 pips 300 health, 3 pips 550 health, and 4 pips 700 health. The minotaur minion is better known as defensive minion, pip cost 3, health 700. Talos one of myth's best minions has a pip cost of 5 and health 1,000. The Life minion, Sprite Guardian is more of a defensive minion, limited on attacks but great at heals.

2. Area attack spells- While Life doesn't get Forest Lord until level 58, myth so far has two area attack spells, humongofrog and earthquake, received at level 22 and 42. Humongofrog has damage range of 265-325, and earthquake does 310 damage and destroys all blades, traps, weaknesses and shields on your opponnet, and can ruin an ice because ice is a "turtle" school by stacking blades and shields most of the time.

3. Bubbles- Myth receives Time Of Legend +25% damage bubble at level 26 while Life gets Sanctuary which instead gives a +60% healing boost to all which can benefit your everyone else as well.

4. DOT( Damage over time) Life has no DOT( unless they use a treasure card) so it is difficult for life to remove shields, while Myth has no need for a DOT to remove shields for they can just use Shatter or Earthquake to remove shields easy.

5. Stuns- Myth's stuns when used correctly can turn the tide of battle, Blinding Light can stun both of your opponnnets, Medusa can stun for two rounds, a great lead off for combos, and you got stun just for stunning one person. Life does not have stuns.

Overall Myth, when starting pvp at the right level, is a great choice for 1v1. Life is also a great school, just better suited for group pvp. Myth on the other hand isn't as great at group pvp, but are still powerhouses in group pvp.