Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which is better in pvp fire or storm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2009

i'm trying to decide whether to start a fire or a storm wizard, and i want to build the one that is more effective in pvp 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4. also which is more effetive pve?

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I'd say stom(though I'm a life so I don't actually know.)

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Psywarrior2450 wrote:

i'm trying to decide whether to start a fire or a storm wizard, and i want to build the one that is more effective in pvp 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4. also which is more effetive pve?

Fire in 1v1
Storm teams.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
ice and balance pwn in 1v1 storm in team,,,,,storm has the highest hit IF it hits which with proper equipment is a high chance of success ,although they are on the low side of health the chain hits is relentless, if they all have near the same pip percentage they will cast at or near the same time ,creating (if not killed you) a chain stun allowing them to hit 4 times and leave you stunned for them to shield ,ice balance pwns in 1v1 for the high chance of success in hits as well as all the variations of sheild while gaining pips have dissipate which at any class you can have but rocks for ice to stop your tower shield they come with storm and fire shield as well as if you visit the fairgrounds to get yet another storm/fire would do absolutely no damage better to cast once they have many pips with blades rather than at the start of the match there they can wand hit creating yet a small hit for them then use freeze so they cant shield an unleash there demise

grand ice,balance,and storm

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Prodigal0215 wrote:
ice and balance pwn in 1v1 storm in team,,,,,storm has the highest hit IF it hits which with proper equipment is a high chance of success ,although they are on the low side of health the chain hits is relentless, if they all have near the same pip percentage they will cast at or near the same time ,creating (if not killed you) a chain stun allowing them to hit 4 times and leave you stunned for them to shield ,ice balance pwns in 1v1 for the high chance of success in hits as well as all the variations of sheild while gaining pips have dissipate which at any class you can have but rocks for ice to stop your tower shield they come with storm and fire shield as well as if you visit the fairgrounds to get yet another storm/fire would do absolutely no damage better to cast once they have many pips with blades rather than at the start of the match there they can wand hit creating yet a small hit for them then use freeze so they cant shield an unleash there demise

grand ice,balance,and storm

Wow! Have you ever heard of periods? They are a form of punctiation.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Psywarrior2450 wrote:

I'd say fire is better alone.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Psywarrior2450 wrote:

Storm is stronger but their success rate isn't so good. However, fire is good too even though it is weaker, but the success rate is a little better.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
Immolate gets really lame at lower lvls (20-30,) but storm can really do a ton even with Storm Sharks or Kraken if buffed; the only problem is most times people have Storm shields (its a must if you're hoping to do PVP well) and they have extremaly low health which makes buffing and not being killed a chore. But Fire isn't much better on the whole health thing, plus people (or should I say; I) usally carry some form of Fire shield too. In essence its not easy to do a lot of damage at lower lvls and not be blocked. Having Steal Ward treasures can do a world of good, but then you run the risk of being called a treasure noob.
Crown clothes really help with the health thing, but idk if you have crowns so that may not work.
Wizard101 PVP is really elitist; what I mean is no matter how good your strategy gets you're always gonna find somebody who pays more money for crowns, or doesn't feel bad about using Wild Bolt, or the real kicker: you get paired up with people who are over 15 lvls higher then you multiple times in succestion (happens to my lvl 18 all the time.)
I'm not trying to be a harbinger of doom, I'm just trying to say eventually you run into people who only care about winning, and no matter how much fun you're having, not being irriatated by these kind of people takes a real talent.
Both Storm and Fire are a lot of fun, and I'm sure you'll enjoy both (my personal prefrence is Storm.)
Whoops I've rambled on about the injustuses of PVP, winning is great, but don't let that be your only focus, because you'll find yourself at somepoint having no fun at all and wondering why you keep playing. (I keep rambling.)
Have fun.
Valdus Titanfist Private 48 Ice
Valerian Titanfist Warlord (for the time being) 18 Myth
Valkoor Titanfist Private 11 Death

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
in a 1v1, choose fire unless you can pack yourself with a resist. the choose storm. storm excels at group play (especially with a life wizard) hope this helps.

Daniel StormStaff
Lvl 42 Master Diviner

Brian Hexbane
Lvl 12 Initiate Necromancer

Ian Frogcaster
Lvl 8 Apprentice Conjurer

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Survivor
May 11, 2009
The prevalence of the Wild Bolt strategy makes Storm sort of difficult to play with in 1v1. Seems like everyone's sideboard contains access to a Storm Shield in one way or another. Fire has a natural answer in its many DoT spells but Storm generally has to bash its way through the shield in order to break it. That's not to say Storm can't still win, but its path to victory is hindered by everyone's decision to carry Storm Shields. In other words the metagame favors Fire over Storm right now.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
Psywarrior2450 wrote:

Fire, aside from Myth, is the toughest school to beat in 1v1 due to DOTs and minions. Storm lacks a DOT and someone who knows how to shield will be able to ward of a Storm wizard easily.
In groups, Storm Lord by itself makes Storm better.
It all depends on what you play, if you play alone, pick a Fire wizard. If not, go with Storm.

Duncan E. ~ Grandmaster Sorcerer ~ PvP Overlord

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Psywarrior2450 wrote:

I AM SO SICK OF SAYING THIS!!! i quote the 27 other times ive said this:each school has pros and cons:

fire
pros:good damage
cons:might not kill in time

storm:
pros:most damage of all time!! :D
cons:small accuracy and health

and thats ur case.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
since im ice i wouldnt be the person to ask but... i think about storm but really its flaw is low accuracy course the thunder snake is awesome but fire has a good advantage when in team and solo modes sorry if this is long :?

Delver
May 31, 2009
You wil find most players shield against storm right away, with the right set-ups you can destroy entire teams but like I said most people will shield against you before anything else.
As for fire, turn base damage is the secret to their success it is almost pointless to put up fire shields because fire attacks due damage over three turns. In the mean time he is loading up for a helephant.
If these are your only choices you will need to stay in groups of three and four and you will need to work together feeding each other bonuses. good luck

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
uhavfun wrote:
Psywarrior2450 wrote:

I AM SO SICK OF SAYING THIS!!! i quote the 27 other times ive said this:each school has pros and cons:

fire
pros:good damage
cons:might not kill in time

storm:
pros:most damage of all time!! :D
cons:small accuracy and health

and thats ur case.

This has actually helped ME. Thank you so much because I am a storm wizard and didn't get why I had lack of health, but thnx for comforming we ALL have problems, some people are too stuck upi to admit it. ;)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
matthewcarter11 wrote:
fire cause most storm spells fizzle to much

Can you make complete sentences? plz..

I'm storm and I know when you are at low lvl in storm, it's hard to win pvp because everybody shields your pitiful attacks. We also look weak because we have low health and everyone takes out the weakest link. lol. But seriously, it depends if you want to take the chances, fizzles and low health for high power? I'd take it any day ;)

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
I agree to most of the posters here.

Storm - team (2v2,3v3,4v4).
Fire- 1v1.

Morgrim Lotus
(All grand, all schools, all warlords).

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
IamLezul wrote:
Psywarrior2450 wrote:

I'd say fire is better alone.

I agree

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Assuming the players knows what they are doing I can say without a doubt fire is much better than storm. Life is the best school in 1v1. Balance is one of the worst 1v1 schools because people rely solely on judgement and any good player knows how to stop that. When I see a balance saving pips for judgement I just laugh because they are doomed to lose that match.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Defender
Dec 28, 2009
Psywarrior2450 wrote:

It really depends on how you want to play. Fire is better in 1v1, while Storm is better in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.

Here is my reasoning: Fire has Damage over Time spells, which can break shields, and they have a minion that spams Fire Elf. Some people complain about the fire minion, but they don't realize that he is actually a huge help. He spams Fire Elves all the time, pretty much ruining any shielding your opponent hopes to put up. Fire Elf also does OK damage, so it would bother your opponent. While your minion does that, prepare for Helephant by blading yourself (don't bother with traps, your minion will blow those away) Fire also has Link, another excellent shield popper, it also pops Infection, heals, and does damage!

Storm, on the other hand, has higher damaging spells, but slightly lower accuracy. They aren't to good in 1v1, as everyone walks around in permanent fear of wild bolt and carries lots of Storm shields, and Storm has nothing to fall back on. In teams, however, they can have a Life wizard to support them while they play with attacking. They can also do one of their best moves, Tempest, which is 80 damage per pip to everyone, and that can change the course of the match.

So, in a nutshell, Fire is better in 1v1, Storm in team games.

~Christopher Titanbringer, Level 35 Balance Wizard

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I have a grandmaster fire, very low rank. My storm is actually better at pvp. My storm is now in Mooshu. I would do teams if I had a good team to play with.