Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where are all the great PvP posters?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I remember a year or so ago, I could come here and read
some really great postings. The posters would battle over
different ideas, concepts, strats, and ideas.
I could start reading at the beginning and get some
great ideas of how to improve or change.

People like Snowy and spots or The Darkest Mask, and
the group that posted with them.

Now, all I see is complaints, whinning, and what people don't
like about the game.

It seems like all the great ones have left the game.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I gave the Second Age of PvP a try on several wizards, got warlord on all of them, but have decided to retire, at least at the higher levels of play. Luckily I got my fill of PvP in the first age.

This new age of PvP is mostly about one type of strategy, The Ultra Tank - Take Two Hours to Build for The One Hit Kill strategy. Very boring (though effective) to play against and hence my retirement. My "fantasy" rule change to PvP would be that players would start taking damage automatically every round if they don't attack at least once every 50 rounds. And wands wouldn't count as attacks. I believe the new Azteca spell "Sharpen Blade", along with Jade Gear and Guardian Spirit, has led to this current strategy.

Unless they do something about 100% resist, 100% heal boost, and Guardian Spirit, I imagine high level PvP, at least 1v1, will continue to fade in popularity.

If you look at the leaderboards, however, it appears that level 50 is the new level of choice for high skill players, so maybe all the Promethean wizards have switched over to level 50 PvP? I'm currently leveling a myth to do try this exact thing.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Veracity8 on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
I remember a year or so ago, I could come here and read
some really great postings. The posters would battle over
different ideas, concepts, strats, and ideas.
I could start reading at the beginning and get some
great ideas of how to improve or change.

People like Snowy and spots or The Darkest Mask, and
the group that posted with them.

Now, all I see is complaints, whinning, and what people don't
like about the game.

It seems like all the great ones have left the game.
There isn't so many "Ideas, concepts, strategies, and ideas." people on the message boards anymore (actually, I'm not sure there is any), but there is still some people out there who usually have pretty educated and well thought out answers, though most of the times now their responses go towards people who are crying about guardian spirit or something. Its not so much that people aren't posting well anymore, its just that Snowy and Darkest Mask and Darthjt and that group of Pvp posters have been replaced by Malt22 and DeathCommander and Moonlighterz.