Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats a good strategy for myth in general?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I am a lvl 33 myth wizard and my secondary school is life. I have been playing pvp for a while but only just started using the ranked matches. And every time I have lost. Mostly I have been doing 1v1. And I seem to get paired with myth wizards a lot. This is getting to be kind of troublesome because I haven't figured out a strategy as of yet and fighting your own school is kind of difficult. So what would be a good strategy against myth? And really what would be a good strategy in general for me? please help!

Explorer
May 30, 2011
Well i have myth/storm wizard combo so facing another myth wizard if no problem i would just use storm attacks but not right away i would use a non storm just to throw off. if you have prisms then use those against any myth wizards you face in pvp. As far as quests go i would invest in shields for all schools from the trainer in the faire grounds since you facing enemies that use different school spells fire,death,ice,storm and life. Also if you have the points go to niles the balance tree and buy the spiritual & elemental blades and traps.
and if you go to colossus boulevard go to where mindy pixiecrown is standing look to the left there is hidden trainer down there named mildred farseer she has dispels for all the schools and reshuffle. having a myth dispel,prisms the blades and traps and reshuffle you use those in pvp against myth wizards and you have a winning chance also use treasure cards if you have a kraken tc and the gear you where makes a Big difference.Buy gear that will give you more health and damage to increase your spells attack and accuracy.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Snowinsun1 wrote:
I am a lvl 33 myth wizard and my secondary school is life. I have been playing pvp for a while but only just started using the ranked matches. And every time I have lost. Mostly I have been doing 1v1. And I seem to get paired with myth wizards a lot. This is getting to be kind of troublesome because I haven't figured out a strategy as of yet and fighting your own school is kind of difficult. So what would be a good strategy against myth? And really what would be a good strategy in general for me? please help!

Use your prisms and have a storm wand

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
To be brutally honest, what isn't? If you have even a clue as to what you are doing with a myth, you will win matches.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
RavenLady777 wrote:
Snowinsun1 wrote:

Use your prisms and have a storm wand

At level 33 a conjurer's main powerhouse spell would be the Minotaur. Since it is a spell that hits twice you would have to put on a prism twice. To me, prisms are of no benefit to the minotaur or any other Myth spells. So I would say for sure do not put any prisms in. I also would suggest a Life wand, not a Storm wand, to cover for those Life Dispels. And for strategy's against Myth, don't use Myth Shield, just use weakness to take care of those Minotaurs. Be sure also not to put up Time Of Legend when you're facing Myth. Remember to keep enchanted Humongofrogs for those Minions.

- Jason StrongHeart, Magus Conjurer Commander

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
thanks everyone for all the tips I really appreciate it :)