Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the best school for 1v1 ranked pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Hello!

Recently I had just decided to start ranked pvp. I choose to battle in my skill range but yet I was thinking of starting over on a new character strictly for pvp.
I've seen people mostly recommend fire or myth but lately I was defeated by a lvl 10 ice wizard XD
If anyone had any ideas or simply a good pvp tactic it would mean a lot if someone could tell me :P

Sincerely~
Vanessa DuskCaster lvl 40, Ice wizard

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
It really depends on the lvl ranges you are trying to PvP at but for the most part, Ice is the #1 school at most lvl ranges. Other school's carve out a niche for themselves at brief points such as Balance at 76-80 or Fire at Adept but your best bet is Ice.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
From levels 1-10 Ice is the best school due to health alone, 11-19 is debatable but it's between Myth or Fire. From levels 20-37 Fire is undoubtedly the best school, then Ice takes its throne (maybe even sharing it with Fire) at level 38-59 when it gets its Iceblade card. From levels 60-75, I'd say Myth and Fire are top dogs but from 76-99 Balance is fairly dominant. Anything at or above level 100 is owned by Ice.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PvP King on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
From levels 1-10 Ice is the best school due to health alone, 11-19 is debatable but it's between Myth or Fire. From levels 20-37 Fire is undoubtedly the best school, then Ice takes its throne (maybe even sharing it with Fire) at level 38-59 when it gets its Iceblade card. From levels 60-75, I'd say Myth and Fire are top dogs but from 76-99 Balance is fairly dominant. Anything at or above level 100 is owned by Ice.
doesn't matter "what level" own by school "level up school any school" could be the best "i would have insane bolt tc didn't "block them "NO PVP" I win a warlord on storm level in a slap! since everybody train farm high trainable spell "harder world" is impossible "but easy good at the game"

I never play a myth "did well on myth" defeat storm boss in Avalon at lower level "without having medusa" craft Athena Battle Sight "like max ice wizard harder reagents "such a piece of cake"

been practice pvp "new Athena Battle Sight Spell "he was only wizard able 2 warlord "when are try hard" vs ice/life less then level 30-40 (now myth level 69) I defeat level 39 life wizard warlord "she 50% resist to" so, ice but he pet maycast enfeeble "shielding spell" kept on earthquake him xD set against myth "spam heal" spam earthquake so, couldn't blade or shield "hard way"

life was set "one of myth shield" so, prims here "one shot her" with a prims "annoying myth shield" maybe should buy more steal wards "useful against double shield spammer "able steal double shield whatever double shield cast last able to be steal with steal ward

Explorer
May 09, 2011
There isn't a best school. It all depends on your playstyle and level.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
that why I don't use storm/ice shield vs ice (able to steal ice shield) unless tower against it (they won't able to steal it)

I just beat level 110 fire wizard on mine wizard (using fire immunity) kept on hitting me and kept on using overtime and kept on use shadow shrike and kept on use shadow enchanted spell also kept on fire dispel me (because using the 3 fire shield) and also get rid of ice bubble (so force him to earthquake he was protect is storm and ice shied with tower shield so, couldn't steal the shield!

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Do not believe that there isn't a best school and that all the schools are the same. Because those people do not mean what they are saying and are just saying it to sound wise or knowing because i bet NON of them can actually live up to their words and claims.
If you want to have the highest advantage in 1v1 PVP either choose Balance or Ice.
Of course there are exceptions on other classes as there have always been.
But those exceptions mean nothing when you look at the total statistics in which Ice and Balance or constantly fighting for the throne.