Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Do You Think About Storm School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
I think the school needs a lick of work. I have had the game since 2009 and have played since. I personally think a few things need to change, not about just storm but PvP in general.

1. school is too powerful. I understand their purpose is to be the hard hitters but their flaw is accuracy. Evidently that's no longer the case. Now they have way too much power for what its worth and have 100%+ accuracy.

2. When i go into the arena i should view a storm as a small challenge, not Zeus's twin brother Martin coming in and shred through every shield and resist killing me in 4 rounds. I hate going in a battle knowing im going to lose regardless. I do understand PvP isn't easy, and im not the best but its getting to the point to where its its out of hand. If you were to ask almost anyone most would agree, even throw in a petition or something.

3. I feel that bringing down the power of the would make things smoother. Or just raise the power of the rest of the types. At least to where we're not exactly equal, but closer than what we are. I just feel theyre too much of a challenge.

4. When i step into the arena and i check what type im fighting and i see my own type i could not worry less. In fact when i see any spirit type ill know that its going to be a fair and rather easy match. but when i see its storm it makes it about as fair and easy as splitting an atom with a sledgehammer.

(side note) Ive seen this game grow from when it was in its younger times but now storm is just seriously kind of out of control in my opinion.

5. And finally (sorry for the million long points) the arena itself. I think itd be more fair if it went turn by turn. One at a time like literally any card game ever. It just makes it all-round fair and more strategic. Like if i go first (which is about as likely as me winning a Rolls Royce in a bingo raffle) and use Juju on a and he uses Raging Bull he just blew off his whole attack. Even if its only in pvp, even only ranked or tourney is fine, but i think its unfair that (if youre going second) you cant coordinate your next move correctly because youre too worried about what Martin (refer to #2) is going to do. Even if you just beta it in the test world and see how it turns out. battles may take longer but make the timer 10-15 seconds instead of 30 even.

Thank you from listening, i didnt mean to offend or act as if i had an attitude, and thank you for reading and caring, ill take any responses.

-Sincerely, Alexander

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Rofl, I've also been playing since 2009 and storm has been a low tier 1v1 PvP school in almost every meta. It only just recently made it into mid tier (barely). If you are struggling and encountering a lot of storm at max PvP I can guarantee your rating is knight or below as you are stuck in the "storm belt"- so called because most storm's can't rank higher than it.

The reason you are struggling as death is because it's a low tier school in the current meta. Here is the most recent tier list I've compiled: http://www.duelist101.com/wizard-101/the-mirage-max-lvl-1v1-pvp-tier-list/

Storm doesn't need a Nerf. Storm, Myth and Death need buffs.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
dezdavid on Mar 16, 2017 wrote:
I think the school needs a lick of work. I have had the game since 2009 and have played since. I personally think a few things need to change, not about just storm but PvP in general.

1. school is too powerful. I understand their purpose is to be the hard hitters but their flaw is accuracy. Evidently that's no longer the case. Now they have way too much power for what its worth and have 100%+ accuracy.

2. When i go into the arena i should view a storm as a small challenge, not Zeus's twin brother Martin coming in and shred through every shield and resist killing me in 4 rounds. I hate going in a battle knowing im going to lose regardless. I do understand PvP isn't easy, and im not the best but its getting to the point to where its its out of hand. If you were to ask almost anyone most would agree, even throw in a petition or something.

3. I feel that bringing down the power of the would make things smoother. Or just raise the power of the rest of the types. At least to where we're not exactly equal, but closer than what we are. I just feel theyre too much of a challenge.

4. When i step into the arena and i check what type im fighting and i see my own type i could not worry less. In fact when i see any spirit type ill know that its going to be a fair and rather easy match. but when i see its storm it makes it about as fair and easy as splitting an atom with a sledgehammer.

(side note) Ive seen this game grow from when it was in its younger times but now storm is just seriously kind of out of control in my opinion.

5. And finally (sorry for the million long points) the arena itself. I think itd be more fair if it went turn by turn. One at a time like literally any card game ever. It just makes it all-round fair and more strategic. Like if i go first (which is about as likely as me winning a Rolls Royce in a bingo raffle) and use Juju on a and he uses Raging Bull he just blew off his whole attack. Even if its only in pvp, even only ranked or tourney is fine, but i think its unfair that (if youre going second) you cant coordinate your next move correctly because youre too worried about what Martin (refer to #2) is going to do. Even if you just beta it in the test world and see how it turns out. battles may take longer but make the timer 10-15 seconds instead of 30 even.

Thank you from listening, i didnt mean to offend or act as if i had an attitude, and thank you for reading and caring, ill take any responses.

-Sincerely, Alexander
I have to disagree with everything you just said about the Storm school, because Storm is LITERALLY the weakest school right now in PVP. Look at the leaderboards and see how many max storms are there. Hardly any.

Third arc gear also now allows Fire to have more damage than Storm.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
Along with what the previous commenters stated, Storm, Death, and Myth are the lowest tier in the current PvP meta, and if anything, need a buff. Though, I'd like to explain why.

Storm: Accuracy may not be a problem, but their health and resist are so low that they are practically prey for any school, including Death. Even Death, being one of the lowest tiers due to the constant struggle of actually using any spells that actually do any serious damage to the opponent, could EASILY defeat a storm with a single critical hit, sending the Storm opponent packing.

Death: As mentioned previously, Death's biggest problem right now is their lack of hard hitting spells and the constant nerfs they are always getting to their spells. With juju's pip cost being upgraded to 4 due to jades, Death is struggling right now.

Myth: Myth is, in my opinion, the best out of all three of these schools in dire need of a buff. It is completely possible to play against other schools as a myth and win, though with most of Myth's past spells being minions that are mostly now useless, it would be nice to see some more Myth utility spells added in the future.

By no means are the schools bad, they are just the schools that are the most likely to lose in a match due to a lack of some spells that would help these schools compete with the current metagame.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
As a storm wizard, I'm no pro at PvP or at anything but Storm is not op. The low health, no resist, and more and people just spamming heals and shields, makes it hard no doubt. I completely understand that Storm is lower tier school, and if you want to beat them, bring stun block and tower shield.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Kitkat8170 on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
Along with what the previous commenters stated, Storm, Death, and Myth are the lowest tier in the current PvP meta, and if anything, need a buff. Though, I'd like to explain why.

Storm: Accuracy may not be a problem, but their health and resist are so low that they are practically prey for any school, including Death. Even Death, being one of the lowest tiers due to the constant struggle of actually using any spells that actually do any serious damage to the opponent, could EASILY defeat a storm with a single critical hit, sending the Storm opponent packing.

Death: As mentioned previously, Death's biggest problem right now is their lack of hard hitting spells and the constant nerfs they are always getting to their spells. With juju's pip cost being upgraded to 4 due to jades, Death is struggling right now.

Myth: Myth is, in my opinion, the best out of all three of these schools in dire need of a buff. It is completely possible to play against other schools as a myth and win, though with most of Myth's past spells being minions that are mostly now useless, it would be nice to see some more Myth utility spells added in the future.

By no means are the schools bad, they are just the schools that are the most likely to lose in a match due to a lack of some spells that would help these schools compete with the current metagame.
A few corrections:

Storm is in a better place than death atm due to the ghultures hoard boots and ward pets.

Critical no longer autokills storm due to the crit nerf to 25% in PvP

Juju is still 3 pips.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I do not think the Storm school is too powerful. Here is why.

1. It fizzles consistently and often.

2. Its minion is no help. I never use it.

3. Many enemies are storm school, which means it won't be that effective against them.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Alexander I also wanted to say kudos for thinking out your point and presenting it in a cohesive manner, as to why you feel that way. Just because I don't agree, I still appreciated the thought that went into your point.