Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are points in PvP based on?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Hello...
Title says it all. When you win, is it based on how well you do overall, which spells you use, how strong your opponent was compared to yourself, how much health you lost, how many spells you use, or how few spells you use?
When you lose, are the points you lose based on how badly you did, how many spells you used, what spell was used to defeat you, what cards you played, or something different entirely?
I am making this post because I remember when this game was new, and how much I loved PvP, and how well the point system was based. PvP is still OK nowadays, although you have to adjust to new spells and gear. The only real problem is that when you lose, you lose 25 or 30 points, and when you win, you win 5-15 points. If you lose, it is very difficult to gain points. When I first started ranked PvP, the point system was very good. Now, it is impossible to get to Warlord because you lose so many points when you lose. Everyone else has this problem too. So, I am wondering, is this sudden loss of points something to do with the aforementioned things, or did they just modify it to have these certain gain and loss of points? Everything else is OK in my opinion, but I would like to know what PvP points are based on before I start disliking it.
William Crowthistle Transcended Pyromancer
8)

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Points are distributed according to the pvp RANK of you character not the level as it should be. Why? Because pvp RANK is a direct reflection of how good your character is doing at pvp. A person who just finished the game and wanders into pvp for the first time (private rank) should not lose allot of points after being demolished by a level 30 warlord with full arena gear and perfect pet. Level does not mean a whole lot in pvp as a health disadvantage can easily be overcome by pvp experience. If you accept the challenge of using a lower level to fight in pvp you should also accept the challenge of a fair and just point system. It's a grind but you have to EARN the right to be called a low level warlord.