Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need improvements to ranked PVP and PVP tourney

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
First evil I beg the pardon of everybody for my poor English, it is not my natural language.

Secondly I have to say Wizard101 is a very very nice game, for a lot of reasons, so this messahe is not destined to yell.

But rellay, there are too many bugs in PVP, which should be fixed.

Example 1 : Diego decisions are still often ununderstandable. One illustration : a 3v3 round of tourney. The team A is constantly hitting, the team B is still healing. At the end the team A is for each of its player at top of health. In the team B one player is at 2/3 of health, one is at 230/4670 and the last is dead. Diego declares the team B is winning by decision. I am sorry but it is pure nonsense.

Example 2 : if you meet a team in tourney a first time and be second, if you meet it again you will be ALWAYS still second. It is still pure nonsense.

Example 3 : you can be second the four rounds of a tourney. Third kind of nonsense.

Example 4 : you can have two tourneys at same time (illustration : a 3v3 at 16h and a 4v4 at 17h) while there is no tourney during five hours long. What is the aim of such an originality?

I could add ten other examples but it seems enough : somebody in the staff of Wizard101 has to fix things, please. More and more players are stopping PVP because they are bored of these kinds of bugs, you can check that.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
This is pretty much exactly what happens.

If you have the bad luck to be placed second in a tourney, you are guaranteed that you will go second throughout the entire tourney, but it is more than that.

Now while it is the belief that giving the extra pip would help alleviate going second, if the first team stuns you that takes away the pip advantage immediately. Most teams are now going for that immediate stun. To top that off, there are a minimum of 4 teams that I know of and probably more in the 3v3 and 4v4 tourneys that are going for the double smoke concept of not letting the other team play. By casting both the fire school smoke and then having another team mate cast a tc smoke on top of it, the team has cast enough negative accuracy that most schools have little to no chance of being able to cast any spells at all, negating their ability to play. In this manner they are circumventing the need for stunning the other team. Some teams will further cast sirens on top of that creating over a hundred percent of negative accuracy accrued for a single spell.

People complain daily that the quality of 3v3 and 4v4 is declining, that pvp is dying. Well, quite frankly when tactics such as these are considered the "norm", it becomes understandable that the players feel abused by those they face because they are not allowed to participate in the game that they love. It is broken and needs to be fixed.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
today i have a bug for you.me and my partner were in a ranked 2v2 match and were against immune opponents we killed them 3 times and it even showed them dead but what happens the exact round after they are still there
and have 1200 health 20 people were watching out match and were thinking what happened and me and my partner just fled after we killed 3rd time and they came back.i do not want to lose my points like that i worked hard for them this is a big bug and wizard101 better fix it or the game will just eventually die out.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I don't play tournaments anymore for these reasons. I have to spend CROWNS for these results? No way.