Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warlords are to powerful

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
67
I am wondering if anyone else thinks that it nearly impossible to beat warlords in pvp and rank up. What has been setting me off is that i am a lvl 50 and lvl 20 warlords are utterly owning me. but when i face people who are 15 lvl higher than i am i beat them. The reasons why warlords that lvl are so hard is because they have crazy resist and they litterly spam rank 7+ tc and own everyone. I think that KI should ban tc from ranked matches because ranked matches are supposed to be based on your skill and not on how much money you got to spam tc. Does anyone agree with me and experience the same thing?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
You have access to the same tc. Treasure cards can be bought from the bazaar. Level 20 warlords beat you because they have a good strategy, and possibly good luck. Infallible can almost half most warlords' resist. You can shield to make their treasure cards weak. You have much higher health, damage, and a many more cards. Use your advantages, and you will probably win.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
James Hawkeyes on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else thinks that it nearly impossible to beat warlords in pvp and rank up. What has been setting me off is that i am a lvl 50 and lvl 20 warlords are utterly owning me. but when i face people who are 15 lvl higher than i am i beat them. The reasons why warlords that lvl are so hard is because they have crazy resist and they litterly spam rank 7+ tc and own everyone. I think that KI should ban tc from ranked matches because ranked matches are supposed to be based on your skill and not on how much money you got to spam tc. Does anyone agree with me and experience the same thing?
Spamming usually refers to just using something over and over, and when your level 20 you don't have the pip chance to cast a back to back rank 7 combo generally, and definitely can't cast nothing but it; play smart no matter how much health they have, you should shield the same when fighting a promethean as when fighting a magus.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
James Hawkeyes on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else thinks that it nearly impossible to beat warlords in pvp and rank up. What has been setting me off is that i am a lvl 50 and lvl 20 warlords are utterly owning me. but when i face people who are 15 lvl higher than i am i beat them. The reasons why warlords that lvl are so hard is because they have crazy resist and they litterly spam rank 7+ tc and own everyone. I think that KI should ban tc from ranked matches because ranked matches are supposed to be based on your skill and not on how much money you got to spam tc. Does anyone agree with me and experience the same thing?
Sigh, I said it before, and I will say it again. You can use treasure cards as much as they can. And yes, warlords are hard, but not impossible. Your 30 levels higher than them, so I think that's a fair matchup if they are around level 20-35. If you need help with PvP, I suggest reading PvP guides on Wizard101 Central or Duelist101, they might help.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
67
Aaron SpellThief on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
You have access to the same tc. Treasure cards can be bought from the bazaar. Level 20 warlords beat you because they have a good strategy, and possibly good luck. Infallible can almost half most warlords' resist. You can shield to make their treasure cards weak. You have much higher health, damage, and a many more cards. Use your advantages, and you will probably win.
Lol thx idk why I didnt think of using infallible plus my 3% pierce.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
156
Follow your own logic dude and try to be a warlord, then you will be undefeatable. XD

As for your suggestion, i disagree. Everybody have the same chance to get TC from wizard city bazaar, except for players who only have one low level wizard. Without a promethean "sponsor" its hard do do low and mid level ranked. :)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
James Hawkeyes on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else thinks that it nearly impossible to beat warlords in pvp and rank up. What has been setting me off is that i am a lvl 50 and lvl 20 warlords are utterly owning me. but when i face people who are 15 lvl higher than i am i beat them. The reasons why warlords that lvl are so hard is because they have crazy resist and they litterly spam rank 7+ tc and own everyone. I think that KI should ban tc from ranked matches because ranked matches are supposed to be based on your skill and not on how much money you got to spam tc. Does anyone agree with me and experience the same thing?
Just so you know, when a level 20 Warlord fights you, most of the time they will use trained spells, just with an added monstrous. My balance Overlord level 30 uses Monstrous and Infallible and thats it. So no, I don't agree with you. Warlords get paired up with people higher than their level because of how much rank they have. Just so you know, if you fight a level 20 Warlord you're 30 levels above him, make something happen.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
18
Well their warlords for a reason -_-

David Willow breeze

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
James Hawkeyes on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I am wondering if anyone else thinks that it nearly impossible to beat warlords in pvp and rank up. What has been setting me off is that i am a lvl 50 and lvl 20 warlords are utterly owning me. but when i face people who are 15 lvl higher than i am i beat them. The reasons why warlords that lvl are so hard is because they have crazy resist and they litterly spam rank 7+ tc and own everyone. I think that KI should ban tc from ranked matches because ranked matches are supposed to be based on your skill and not on how much money you got to spam tc. Does anyone agree with me and experience the same thing?
You can use tc just as easily as others.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
17
I speak from the point of view of a level 35 Death Warlord.

As I was ranking up, I repeatedly fought Warlords who were 5-15 levels below me, and I usually won. Now I am a warlord, and I am able to often defeat people 0-15 levels above me. You have to learn to adjust to the way you are matched. As a magus, I am usually matched up against Grandmasters with critical rating. I still win most of my matches.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
That depends, most warlords my level beat me, and some, ahem, grandmaster warlords ... beat me, but I met this guy, fire warlord grandmaster, who had to battle this other guy, balance private promethean (aka me), who won? I did. Yea, I am sure none of you are shocked, but unlike those other grandmasters that beat prometheans every round, this particular grandmaster only got to warlord by casting tc efreet on everyone he encountered. Before someone starts yelling at me, I did NOT say tc should be banned, that efreet hit me for 800, weak. I just had to confirm that to avoid arguments from people with different viewpoints as me.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Wizgamer105 on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
That depends, most warlords my level beat me, and some, ahem, grandmaster warlords ... beat me, but I met this guy, fire warlord grandmaster, who had to battle this other guy, balance private promethean (aka me), who won? I did. Yea, I am sure none of you are shocked, but unlike those other grandmasters that beat prometheans every round, this particular grandmaster only got to warlord by casting tc efreet on everyone he encountered. Before someone starts yelling at me, I did NOT say tc should be banned, that efreet hit me for 800, weak. I just had to confirm that to avoid arguments from people with different viewpoints as me.
Its hard to get enough rank to fight level 90s.. you have to have a LOT of rank, again as I say all the time, it comes to a point where it is virtually impossible without TC. If he can beat those kind of people with Efreet, then good for him.

Wolf Legend

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
84
Sorry wolf, but i think warlords can be a bit over powered.
I'm a 63, and i was beat by a magus warlord because of his resist. The pvp warlord armor i'm guessing spells durability. I think that maybe if we either got gear with good peircing (for me hard to find) or good resistance (again for me, hard to find) we could even the playing field a bit. But still, sometimes i get paired up with lvl 90 warlords and yet some how i stand alive when they do mega attacks. Go fig.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
noahdd on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Sorry wolf, but i think warlords can be a bit over powered.
I'm a 63, and i was beat by a magus warlord because of his resist. The pvp warlord armor i'm guessing spells durability. I think that maybe if we either got gear with good peircing (for me hard to find) or good resistance (again for me, hard to find) we could even the playing field a bit. But still, sometimes i get paired up with lvl 90 warlords and yet some how i stand alive when they do mega attacks. Go fig.
I recommend using infallible. I know a lot of people who like the appeal of amplify at that level, but trust me, infallible is better. Even when fighting a guy with no resist it will make you boost on him.

Best of luck in the arena,
Wolf Legend

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
84
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
I recommend using infallible. I know a lot of people who like the appeal of amplify at that level, but trust me, infallible is better. Even when fighting a guy with no resist it will make you boost on him.

Best of luck in the arena,
Wolf Legend
thanks for the advice