Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warlord Cheaters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
3
Oh man I am getting so annoyed with Ranked PvP!!! Everytime I go to 1v1 or 2v2 I get paired with a warlord and usually because they get way high in ranks and then start ranking down!!! UGH! Then they get the lowest guys ever and they pwn you! I hate it and it is impossible to rank up unless I have a friend help! And what else happens is they then talk trash about your rank then report you for NO reason! I think once you become a warlord or commander you rank should be frozen it would make things way better. Also, I am a LvL 32 Magus and I am getting paired with lvl seventeen WARLORDS that pwn me and talk trash it is not fair! I think you should have to be atleast like lvl thirty before your able to become a warlord, or automatically get the warlord outfit at lvl fifty.

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
It probably won't come as a surprise to some that I'm replying, but this is a topic near and dear...

So, the subject of your post is Warlord Cheaters, but nowhere in your post have you indicated HOW they are cheating. Is it because they rank down? What rule says you can't?

Is it because they talk trash? So, like so many they have poor sportsmanship, but again, what rule says they can't?

Where, pray tell, is the CHEATING?

Before you come out with accusations like this, please familiarize yourself with the definition of cheating. Hint - to cheat, there has to be a rule saying you can't or else you have to rig the game in some way to circumvent the rule.

No where, anywhere, in your post do you touch on anything that comes close to CHEATING. Like so many on this site I'm afraid you've confused things you do not like - ranking down, trash talking, low level warlords - with Cheating. THEY ARE NOT SYNONYMOUS.

I agree with you that several of the points you bring up are frustrating but to accuse people of cheating when they aren't is, to me, more annoying than any of the issues you've mentioned.

mlb

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
Caspeen wrote:
It probably won't come as a surprise to some that I'm replying, but this is a topic near and dear...

So, the subject of your post is Warlord Cheaters, but nowhere in your post have you indicated HOW they are cheating. Is it because they rank down? What rule says you can't?

Is it because they talk trash? So, like so many they have poor sportsmanship, but again, what rule says they can't?

Where, pray tell, is the CHEATING?

Before you come out with accusations like this, please familiarize yourself with the definition of cheating. Hint - to cheat, there has to be a rule saying you can't or else you have to rig the game in some way to circumvent the rule.

No where, anywhere, in your post do you touch on anything that comes close to CHEATING. Like so many on this site I'm afraid you've confused things you do not like - ranking down, trash talking, low level warlords - with Cheating. THEY ARE NOT SYNONYMOUS.

I agree with you that several of the points you bring up are frustrating but to accuse people of cheating when they aren't is, to me, more annoying than any of the issues you've mentioned.

mlb



right

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
NeoPetBoy wrote:
Oh man I am getting so annoyed with Ranked PvP!!! Everytime I go to 1v1 or 2v2 I get paired with a warlord and usually because they get way high in ranks and then start ranking down!!! UGH! Then they get the lowest guys ever and they pwn you! I hate it and it is impossible to rank up unless I have a friend help! And what else happens is they then talk trash about your rank then report you for NO reason! I think once you become a warlord or commander you rank should be frozen it would make things way better. Also, I am a LvL 32 Magus and I am getting paired with lvl seventeen WARLORDS that pwn me and talk trash it is not fair! I think you should have to be atleast like lvl thirty before your able to become a warlord, or automatically get the warlord outfit at lvl fifty.


1.Idk what to say about that

2.I KNOW RIGHT I was in the arena with a warlord and his judgeing friend said a uh... rainbow of colorful words, i said to him

please calm down

and I GET REPORTED. :x :x :x :x :x :x

but i dont think they will do the lvl 30 warlord thing but they should get rid of treasure cards so they CANT EVEN USE BOLT.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
21
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
NeoPetBoy wrote:
Oh man I am getting so annoyed with Ranked PvP!!! Everytime I go to 1v1 or 2v2 I get paired with a warlord and usually because they get way high in ranks and then start ranking down!!! UGH! Then they get the lowest guys ever and they pwn you! I hate it and it is impossible to rank up unless I have a friend help! And what else happens is they then talk trash about your rank then report you for NO reason! I think once you become a warlord or commander you rank should be frozen it would make things way better. Also, I am a LvL 32 Magus and I am getting paired with lvl seventeen WARLORDS that pwn me and talk trash it is not fair! I think you should have to be atleast like lvl thirty before your able to become a warlord, or automatically get the warlord outfit at lvl fifty.


1.Idk what to say about that

2.I KNOW RIGHT I was in the arena with a warlord and his judgeing friend said a uh... rainbow of colorful words, i said to him

please calm down

and I GET REPORTED. :x :x :x :x :x :x

but i dont think they will do the lvl 30 warlord thing but they should get rid of treasure cards so they CANT EVEN USE BOLT.




yep there should be no treasure cards in rank pvp because if you just bomb someone with a treasure you arent showing any skill. unless you count wasting money on cards that are golden and look cool as a skill.

Defender
May 24, 2009
115
I think i know what he means by cheating! :P When he says that others rank down, like novice wizards, he means that they rank down with the arena gear on! So that would mean thy would get easier matches while having arena gear even though they are private. Leading to a very powerful noob :-o ! What i mean by arena gear would be either veteran or commander gear. Well this is my guess to what he means

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Caspeen wrote:
It probably won't come as a surprise to some that I'm replying, but this is a topic near and dear...

So, the subject of your post is Warlord Cheaters, but nowhere in your post have you indicated HOW they are cheating. Is it because they rank down? What rule says you can't?

Is it because they talk trash? So, like so many they have poor sportsmanship, but again, what rule says they can't?

Where, pray tell, is the CHEATING?

Before you come out with accusations like this, please familiarize yourself with the definition of cheating. Hint - to cheat, there has to be a rule saying you can't or else you have to rig the game in some way to circumvent the rule.

No where, anywhere, in your post do you touch on anything that comes close to CHEATING. Like so many on this site I'm afraid you've confused things you do not like - ranking down, trash talking, low level warlords - with Cheating. THEY ARE NOT SYNONYMOUS.

I agree with you that several of the points you bring up are frustrating but to accuse people of cheating when they aren't is, to me, more annoying than any of the issues you've mentioned.

mlb


It seems to me that you are in two separate minds even with yourself. In this post you say that the people trash talk and where in the rules does it say you can't, i also saw a post you made a while ago about "ANOTHER BAN WORTHY WORD-cheater" In that post you complained and showed your opinions about how strongly you thought the word "noob" should be banned along with the word cheater. You also stated in that post i can't remember the exact words but it was something along the lines of " please dont make this a post complaining about: using treasure cards (NOT CHEATING), chain stunning (NOT CHEATING), using bolts (NOT CHEATING)." You also claimed the word cheater should be banned because it is intimidating.
Do you mean to tell me you think the words "noob" and "cheater do intimidate people and bolting, chain stunning, using treasure cards and all manner of cheap tricks you try in the arena don't intimidate those fair players?
All this leads to the conclusion that on one side of your opinion you are all for banning trash talk like the words "cheater" and "noob" but on the other your saying if trash talk is not in the rule book then its fair to do.

Besides what real skill does bolting, chain stunning and treasure card using show anyway?
As for the topic this thread talks about, well it seems the pvp system is littered with corruption at the moment and i dont blame NeoPetBoy for accusing them of cheating, the chances are they bolted, chain stunned or treasure carded there way to the top and the majority of fair play arena users would probably say thats cheating in their rule book even if its not in yours or KingsIsle's.
I suggest you gain a firm opinion of your thoughts of the pvp system before posting meaningless comments here and there showing severel very different views of your opinions of the arena system.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
2
war lord aren't cheap they earned there rank and try leveling up b4 you du
el ??????•???}ž

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
It seems to me that you are in two separate minds even with yourself.

I beg to differ. Though your quote is quite correct, I was simply making the point that Trash Talk is not Cheating. Do I like it? Heck no! Do I condone it? Absolutely not! I am unequivocally against name calling, bullying, and general menacing, NOT because it's Cheating, but because it's bad sportsmanship. Is that one minded enough for you?

Do you mean to tell me you think the words "noob" and "cheater do intimidate people and bolting, chain stunning, using treasure cards and all manner of cheap tricks you try in the arena don't intimidate those fair players?

In short, yes. Name calling / bad sportsmanship serves absolutely no purpose to the goal of pvp which is to win a battle. None. The other "manner of cheap tricks" might not be what YOU like, but they are legitimate moves allowed by the game. Besides, "Fair" is a very subjective word. Just because someone uses these things you don't like does NOT mean they are being unfair!

Besides what real skill does bolting, chain stunning and treasure card using show anyway?

In any pvp match there are really just three factors that have the greatest influence on the final out come of the match - Experience, who goes first and deck construction. Well, luck plays a part too - the right cards at the right time, fizzles - but like who goes first, there's really nothing that can be done about this. As such, a significant part of the the outcome can be determined by how well any given deck is put together. That is why I disagree with you and say that, like having a solid strategy, putting a powerful deck together IS a skill. This is especially true with side boards, where finding the right mix of attack / shields / heals / others to work with your strategy can indeed be an art.

... and i dont blame NeoPetBoy for accusing them of cheating, the chances are they bolted, chain stunned or treasure carded there way to the top and the majority of fair play arena users would probably say thats cheating in their rule book even if its not in yours or KingsIsle's.

Well, too bad it's KI's idea of the rules that counts. And, since it is they that set the rules, it is not for you, or NeoPetBoy, or all of your fair play arena users to accuse people of breaking rules that don't exist. For what it's worth, I, too, think all of the tactics in question could use some modifications - I think chain stunning takes the fun out of team pvp, I wish Wild Bolt was three pips instead of two, and I would whole heartedly support some level restrictions when using Treasure Cards. But that's just my opinion and you are most certainly welcome to your own, but you are also flat wrong if you accusing someone of cheating for no other reason than they've done something you personally don't like.

I suggest you gain a firm opinion of your thoughts of the pvp system before posting meaningless comments here and there showing severel very different views of your opinions of the arena system.

To use a much overused expression, lol! I appreciate your suggestion, but not needed thanks. As to my posts being meaningless - ouch! That's a bit unnecessary I'd say. That is unless it's meaningless to you because you cannot comprehend the point I am making? Regardless, I'm a firm believer in using these forums as a place to discuss suggestions / ideas / observations because KI needs to know what people think. You may not like what I have to say, but if what I have to say generates dialogue then that's all the meaning I need.

mlb

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
WOAH - what was I thinking on that last post? Yikes.

For those not interested in reading that mini-novella, I have thought a much better response to the irascible 77296

The crux of our differing world views come down to this -

Me: I don't like something, but it's not cheating.
You: I don't like something, so it must be cheating.

Life is gonna be rather cruel to you as you discover there are lots and lots alleged (and wrongfully accused) "cheaters" out there.

I hope you can find some meaning in that...

mlb

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Caspeen wrote:
It seems to me that you are in two separate minds even with yourself.

I beg to differ. Though your quote is quite correct, I was simply making the point that Trash Talk is not Cheating. Do I like it? Heck no! Do I condone it? Absolutely not! I am unequivocally against name calling, bullying, and general menacing, NOT because it's Cheating, but because it's bad sportsmanship. Is that one minded enough for you?

Do you mean to tell me you think the words "noob" and "cheater do intimidate people and bolting, chain stunning, using treasure cards and all manner of cheap tricks you try in the arena don't intimidate those fair players?

In short, yes. Name calling / bad sportsmanship serves absolutely no purpose to the goal of pvp which is to win a battle. None. The other "manner of cheap tricks" might not be what YOU like, but they are legitimate moves allowed by the game. Besides, "Fair" is a very subjective word. Just because someone uses these things you don't like does NOT mean they are being unfair!

Besides what real skill does bolting, chain stunning and treasure card using show anyway?

In any pvp match there are really just three factors that have the greatest influence on the final out come of the match - Experience, who goes first and deck construction. Well, luck plays a part too - the right cards at the right time, fizzles - but like who goes first, there's really nothing that can be done about this. As such, a significant part of the the outcome can be determined by how well any given deck is put together. That is why I disagree with you and say that, like having a solid strategy, putting a powerful deck together IS a skill. This is especially true with side boards, where finding the right mix of attack / shields / heals / others to work with your strategy can indeed be an art.

... and i dont blame NeoPetBoy for accusing them of cheating, the chances are they bolted, chain stunned or treasure carded there way to the top and the majority of fair play arena users would probably say thats cheating in their rule book even if its not in yours or KingsIsle's.

Well, too bad it's KI's idea of the rules that counts. And, since it is they that set the rules, it is not for you, or NeoPetBoy, or all of your fair play arena users to accuse people of breaking rules that don't exist. For what it's worth, I, too, think all of the tactics in question could use some modifications - I think chain stunning takes the fun out of team pvp, I wish Wild Bolt was three pips instead of two, and I would whole heartedly support some level restrictions when using Treasure Cards. But that's just my opinion and you are most certainly welcome to your own, but you are also flat wrong if you accusing someone of cheating for no other reason than they've done something you personally don't like.

I suggest you gain a firm opinion of your thoughts of the pvp system before posting meaningless comments here and there showing severel very different views of your opinions of the arena system.

To use a much overused expression, lol! I appreciate your suggestion, but not needed thanks. As to my posts being meaningless - ouch! That's a bit unnecessary I'd say. That is unless it's meaningless to you because you cannot comprehend the point I am making? Regardless, I'm a firm believer in using these forums as a place to discuss suggestions / ideas / observations because KI needs to know what people think. You may not like what I have to say, but if what I have to say generates dialogue then that's all the meaning I need.

mlb


KingIsle base the game around the players not they players around the game so eventually if enough people see it as cheating, then its gonna go. As game players who pay for a subscription and use there own money to do so it is very much in our right to highlight problems in the game and tell the makers about them. I never mentioned accusing anywhere so i don't have a clue where you got that from.

No offense but i see my messageboard "novel" as exactly right. It comes to all the points of your mistakes, highlights them to other message board users and generally makes me feel better knowing i have corrected someone of their misguided opinions.

You have also just managed to highlight the 3 problems in pvp as the 3 main factors about pvp:
Deck construction-the lack of it. Whats the point of deck construction when you can borrow a few bolts of ya friend in return for a fire dragon the next day.
Expierience- again the lack of it. 3 bolts and most wizards are defeated. Not much expierience needed to bolt though, which is why these low lvl players are beating players double their level and becoming warlords for it.
Who goes first-Really i mean what sort of pvp system bases its wins on who goes first? The wizard101 pvp system thats what. There is absolutely no art in stuffing your sideboard with bolts tower shields or treasure cards that were:
Earned by someone else.
And made by someone else.
The pvp system should go back to the old way or drastically change. You are completely right with these 3 factors i was just giving the message board users more info to understand.

I dont think there not what i just like i think there what the majority of FAIR pvp users dont like. And as it's the majority i doubt it will lose to the minority.

Well thats the end of this message board "novel". If you reply to this you'll probably be expecting the third one.

P.s
I hope i never meet you in pvp and i feel extremely sorry for those you laugh at defeating whilst using absolutely ZERO skill.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Caspeen wrote:
WOAH - what was I thinking on that last post? Yikes.

For those not interested in reading that mini-novella, I have thought a much better response to the irascible 77296

The crux of our differing world views come down to this -

Me: I don't like something, but it's not cheating.
You: I don't like something, so it must be cheating.

Life is gonna be rather cruel to you as you discover there are lots and lots alleged (and wrongfully accused) "cheaters" out there.

I hope you can find some meaning in that...

mlb


Oh yes i forgot to mention what makes you think i am irascible purely because i, like many of the message board users, am stating a valid point.

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
so eventually if enough people see it as cheating, then its gonna go.

YES! Exactly! That's exactly what these forms are for, and why I posted my post about banning the word CHEATING. And, if enough people read the forums and post their support, maybe change WILL happen. BUT...until they do change things, it's NOT cheating!!!! It might be aggravating, bothersome, disturbing, exasperating, frustrating, galling, irksome, irritating, maddening, nettling, peeving, rankling, riling, vexatious (Love it), or vexing, but it's not CHEATING!!!

I hope i never meet you in pvp and i feel extremely sorry for those you laugh at defeating whilst using absolutely ZERO skill.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've never laughed / mocked / insulted a single person in pvp. Thats part of the point I'm trying to make about sportsmanship. I'm a firm believer in etiquette and will always do the "gg" (or my equivalent) to acknowledge my opponent. As a testament to the respect I give my opponent, a good many of the folks on my friends list are people I've played in pvp. As to skill, I've never used wild bolt nor chain stunned (not that there's anything wrong if I did!), and the treasure cards I use everyone in the game has access to. I win because as I've played, I've learned, and as I've learned, I've adjusted my strategy.

Oh yes i forgot to mention what makes you think i am irascible purely because i, like many of the message board users, am stating a valid point.

It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say things that makes you irascible because the tone of your post was less than matey.

Lastly, I'm afraid you misread my post about the Novel. I was referring to MY post as being a novel, not yours, which is why I came back with something more readable.

mlb

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
65
Caspeen wrote:
so eventually if enough people see it as cheating, then its gonna go.

YES! Exactly! That's exactly what these forms are for, and why I posted my post about banning the word CHEATING. And, if enough people read the forums and post their support, maybe change WILL happen. BUT...until they do change things, it's NOT cheating!!!! It might be aggravating, bothersome, disturbing, exasperating, frustrating, galling, irksome, irritating, maddening, nettling, peeving, rankling, riling, vexatious (Love it), or vexing, but it's not CHEATING!!!

I hope i never meet you in pvp and i feel extremely sorry for those you laugh at defeating whilst using absolutely ZERO skill.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've never laughed / mocked / insulted a single person in pvp. Thats part of the point I'm trying to make about sportsmanship. I'm a firm believer in etiquette and will always do the "gg" (or my equivalent) to acknowledge my opponent. As a testament to the respect I give my opponent, a good many of the folks on my friends list are people I've played in pvp. As to skill, I've never used wild bolt nor chain stunned (not that there's anything wrong if I did!), and the treasure cards I use everyone in the game has access to. I win because as I've played, I've learned, and as I've learned, I've adjusted my strategy.

Oh yes i forgot to mention what makes you think i am irascible purely because i, like many of the message board users, am stating a valid point.

It's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say things that makes you irascible because the tone of your post was less than matey.

Lastly, I'm afraid you misread my post about the Novel. I was referring to MY post as being a novel, not yours, which is why I came back with something more readable.

mlb

I'm too tired to carry on with this ramble you win by the way.

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
If by win you mean you accept that i MIGHT have a point, woohoo! If by win you were being facetious, woohoo, I win!

Either way, gg.

mlb

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
84
NeoPetBoy wrote:
Oh man I am getting so annoyed with Ranked PvP!!! Everytime I go to 1v1 or 2v2 I get paired with a warlord and usually because they get way high in ranks and then start ranking down!!! UGH! Then they get the lowest guys ever and they pwn you! I hate it and it is impossible to rank up unless I have a friend help! And what else happens is they then talk trash about your rank then report you for NO reason! I think once you become a warlord or commander you rank should be frozen it would make things way better. Also, I am a LvL 32 Magus and I am getting paired with lvl seventeen WARLORDS that pwn me and talk trash it is not fair! I think you should have to be atleast like lvl thirty before your able to become a warlord, or automatically get the warlord outfit at lvl fifty.
I agree because i am lvl 31 and guess what i got this lvl 10 but he was twincked (has the best gear possible for them) such as the robe he had gave him trition lord and no pips needed and pips have no affect on how much it does a hat that gives 750 life or something shoes that give lots more health and lets him use a very powerful un fizzling wild bolt i think no wonder he is a war lord.uses a bunch of blades and traps on me and only needs to attack once yes i said ONCE!and my head is rolling and over the pore gead there is a ?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
37
the only reason balance gets to warlord fast its because they judge and not just that they also bolt and it gets annoying