Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wand Maycast

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2016
Hi, I have a wand that has a maycast on it. I would really like to use the maycast but it only happens very rarely... Is there someway to increase the rate that the wand uses its maycast? Thanks.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Wand Maycast on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Hi, I have a wand that has a maycast on it. I would really like to use the maycast but it only happens very rarely... Is there someway to increase the rate that the wand uses its maycast? Thanks.
Wand maycasts are unfortunately completely random. There is no way to affect the rates.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 96+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
using a wand hit is a trigger for the may cast spell; I have noticed that if I critical on a wand hit, the may cast usually follows.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Wand Maycast on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Hi welcome to the message boards unfortunately there isn't anyway to increase the maycast rate it's mainly just luck or chance but good luck with pvp

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
thelastdiviner on Apr 30, 2017 wrote:
Wand maycasts are unfortunately completely random. There is no way to affect the rates.

Genevieve HexPyre 96+ PvP Warlord
actually, certain hits trigger results with wands and pets may cast abilities.

there are old threads on this topic.

for instance, the crafted wands in khrysalis, if you use the trap provided from wand it triggers the may cast spell.
getting a critical wand hit triggers the may cast on the newer wands.

it is not Random.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
SilverbackMonkey on May 1, 2017 wrote:
actually, certain hits trigger results with wands and pets may cast abilities.

there are old threads on this topic.

for instance, the crafted wands in khrysalis, if you use the trap provided from wand it triggers the may cast spell.
getting a critical wand hit triggers the may cast on the newer wands.

it is not Random.
They ARE random.

You cannot compare the Khrysalis crafted, wand, may-casts to other may-cast wands as they are "Shadow-forged".

Those are a different type of may-cast that have a nearly 100% chance to cast every time.

A critical on a wand hit most certainly does not guarantee a trigger on the newer wands.

Ex: If you have a may-cast wand with only ice and myth wand hits as a Storm wizard, you are saying that you need a critical on the wand hits to achieve a may-cast. Therefore, because I do not have ice or myth critical percentage, it is highly unlikely if not impossible to get a may-cast with that wand? That is simply not true.

Someone told you before and they were right. Confirmation bias. Just because it happens for you, does NOT mean it happens for everyone else.

Genevieve HexPyre 98+ PvP Warlord