Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

useful spells for fire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
Looking at the new spells for fire: backdraft and detonate, its hardly ever used as a smart fire. One backdraft gives out all our pips and detonate needs to be timed. Compared to storm with the new spell enfeeble, which removes all charms, its basically based on the spell disarm. So, why can't we have steal all charms to one person based on steal charm. That would definitely be more used. Another one is how storm got healing current when another spell for fire could of been made, mass link, based on a link that hits to all enemy and heals major. Giving fire a little edge to their ability since link is only a single person hit making it less used in teamplay. As I said backdraft and detonate is hardly used.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Ironically I've been killed by a Backdrafted Sunbird, although my lucky Gs saved me and I ended up killing. Anyway KI can't be expected to do EVERYTHING based on the pvp community or some pve'r would whine about it 'ruining pve' somehow.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
I agree fire does need better spells and I thought of the spell charm thief. Accuracy: 80% pip cost: 3 description: steals all charms from target.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
temple200 wrote:
I agree fire does need better spells and I thought of the spell charm thief. Accuracy: 80% pip cost: 3 description: steals all charms from target.

A mass steal charm is a terrible idea. Same thing with what you just said. Besisdes, backdraft is a perfect spell to get one in a million, it does more than supercharge, detonate is a counter for triage, and fire has high hitting damage attacks like Rain of Fire. Enfeeble was supposed to be like shatter but do you see ice having a steal a shield to all? or a steal all shields? if they do, then fire will probably get these spells. of course i wouldn't see ice getting something like that anytime soon. Fire has a TON of great spells and if you guys fail to recognize that then I say that you should try to make a new wizard. I mean, look at what ice got! stealing pet sprites and making a DoT last one round shorter.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
These spells I think were more meant to PvE and not PvP. I would like to keep Backdraft for other fires to get the One in a Million badge and be able to do decent damage to a boss. Detonate is kinda useless except for 2v2 With double fires. Or triple. Triple could be deadly to an ice. (14 Pip Heckhound, shatter if shields, or backdraft, then detonate >:3)

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Yea, backdraft is actually what got me one million a couple days ago, without it, idk if me and my friends could have done it. so TY KI for making that spell, you guys rock