Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Cards!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2019
1
As i done a few pvps and checked some cards i usually come across with cards that doesnt seems their numbers right.One of the most clear wrong numbers is the ninja piglets with the headless horseman, both spells same pips (4) with same accurancy (80) but a big difference in damage. Ninja piglets damage is 425-505 and headless horseman 535-590.i dont see any reason death having a spell that deals that much damage. as i see the schools i always place balance in the middle so we should have 3 schools dealing more damage than balance (storm,fire,myth) and less damage (death ice life). some people will say that death is close to balance damage (i disagree cause death has drain attacks) but still the headless horseman deals way more damage.As i said i see often spells that doesnt seem fair and they are out of their school's numbers just because they are new or hard to get or having good animations.What is your opinion to this? :)

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
305
LeontasZ on May 22, 2020 wrote:
As i done a few pvps and checked some cards i usually come across with cards that doesnt seems their numbers right.One of the most clear wrong numbers is the ninja piglets with the headless horseman, both spells same pips (4) with same accurancy (80) but a big difference in damage. Ninja piglets damage is 425-505 and headless horseman 535-590.i dont see any reason death having a spell that deals that much damage. as i see the schools i always place balance in the middle so we should have 3 schools dealing more damage than balance (storm,fire,myth) and less damage (death ice life). some people will say that death is close to balance damage (i disagree cause death has drain attacks) but still the headless horseman deals way more damage.As i said i see often spells that doesnt seem fair and they are out of their school's numbers just because they are new or hard to get or having good animations.What is your opinion to this? :)
I just figure I need to learn to deal with whatever spells come at me.

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
LeontasZ on May 22, 2020 wrote:
As i done a few pvps and checked some cards i usually come across with cards that doesnt seems their numbers right.One of the most clear wrong numbers is the ninja piglets with the headless horseman, both spells same pips (4) with same accurancy (80) but a big difference in damage. Ninja piglets damage is 425-505 and headless horseman 535-590.i dont see any reason death having a spell that deals that much damage. as i see the schools i always place balance in the middle so we should have 3 schools dealing more damage than balance (storm,fire,myth) and less damage (death ice life). some people will say that death is close to balance damage (i disagree cause death has drain attacks) but still the headless horseman deals way more damage.As i said i see often spells that doesnt seem fair and they are out of their school's numbers just because they are new or hard to get or having good animations.What is your opinion to this? :)
I think the idea of death having damage over balance is quite a normal approach. I think one of the key factor you mention is drain spells. Am not sure if your aware but drain spells are relatively weak in comparison to natural hits and also lacking the ability to fully enchant spells. Death desperately needed a solid damage hit. Although i must agree on one thing, lore spells giving their own nature, are a little overture vs normal spells per-pip cost ratio.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
62
LeontasZ on May 22, 2020 wrote:
As i done a few pvps and checked some cards i usually come across with cards that doesnt seems their numbers right.One of the most clear wrong numbers is the ninja piglets with the headless horseman, both spells same pips (4) with same accurancy (80) but a big difference in damage. Ninja piglets damage is 425-505 and headless horseman 535-590.i dont see any reason death having a spell that deals that much damage. as i see the schools i always place balance in the middle so we should have 3 schools dealing more damage than balance (storm,fire,myth) and less damage (death ice life). some people will say that death is close to balance damage (i disagree cause death has drain attacks) but still the headless horseman deals way more damage.As i said i see often spells that doesnt seem fair and they are out of their school's numbers just because they are new or hard to get or having good animations.What is your opinion to this? :)
because balance is naturally a supporting class. storm fire and myth are all big hitters. death is less than a big hitter but its a hitter and not a support its a self reliant school so its heal back is sacrificed to just do more damage you can look at banshee and vampire for comparison

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
xTsuin on May 26, 2020 wrote:
because balance is naturally a supporting class. storm fire and myth are all big hitters. death is less than a big hitter but its a hitter and not a support its a self reliant school so its heal back is sacrificed to just do more damage you can look at banshee and vampire for comparison
All schools at max level can be hitters with sufficient balding, what your stating is basically the general acceptance of most players who likes to rush farm. There is a huge difference when it comes to pvp vs pve that's why most things in pvp needs to be adjusted to the point where idea of role is eliminated for the sake of competitiveness.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
62
angellifeheart on May 26, 2020 wrote:
All schools at max level can be hitters with sufficient balding, what your stating is basically the general acceptance of most players who likes to rush farm. There is a huge difference when it comes to pvp vs pve that's why most things in pvp needs to be adjusted to the point where idea of role is eliminated for the sake of competitiveness.
you countered your own statement by saying "with blading" thats exactly why weaker schools need to use blades is because their damage isn't sufficient because of the role they play, learn you weaknesses, accept them, find the counter, win.
myths role is self sufficient and hitting yet pvp style they're near tanks,
ice role is meant to be tank and granted they play tank hard but their damage is slight low so they blade
storm has low health but high damage so all they need to do is play tanky
death heals back and is well balanced so it uses its heal back as a general advantage
life is very strong in healing with the weakness being resist and damage so they make up for it with blades and heals.
fire is good utility and overall good statistics so they just attack and shield (blade not needed)
and finally balance is a naturally supporting role so they have to acquire gear that increases damage more because their blades aren't big so they use utility to their advantage and hit little by little never really one shotting (but ki just nerfed their utility into the ground so balance is at a bottom tier)

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
xTsuin on Jun 12, 2020 wrote:
you countered your own statement by saying "with blading" thats exactly why weaker schools need to use blades is because their damage isn't sufficient because of the role they play, learn you weaknesses, accept them, find the counter, win.
myths role is self sufficient and hitting yet pvp style they're near tanks,
ice role is meant to be tank and granted they play tank hard but their damage is slight low so they blade
storm has low health but high damage so all they need to do is play tanky
death heals back and is well balanced so it uses its heal back as a general advantage
life is very strong in healing with the weakness being resist and damage so they make up for it with blades and heals.
fire is good utility and overall good statistics so they just attack and shield (blade not needed)
and finally balance is a naturally supporting role so they have to acquire gear that increases damage more because their blades aren't big so they use utility to their advantage and hit little by little never really one shotting (but ki just nerfed their utility into the ground so balance is at a bottom tier)
I didn't countered anything, because i didn't stated the schools were weak to begin with. My statement was directed towards pve and not pvp in that reference when it comes to hitting.Also in pvp any school can blade that does mean their weak aslo. In fact a storm with 150 damage using an enchanted blade gets 45% free damage for 0 pips. So who wouldn't want to blade in pvp? more damage the better its utility spells dominating the aspect of pvp for some schools vs others. With perfect timing, just spamming weakness can essentially open up ways for the opponent to take the weakness plus one shield off as punishment.

Ice damage is not low its moderately too high in max pvp stat wise and can still be push further by utility spells such as bale frost and blades. Backed by high end resist and a broken Abominable Weaver that's soon to be nerf as with all other shadows.

There is no real way for storm to play tanky other than buying pay to win gears. Meanwhile other schools gets off free stats with farm able dragoon gears and Corporal tenni'syn robe. Stating that storm damage is high is quite an overrated fact by itself. Again damage doesn't win games now utility does.

Fire gets away with doing everything x2 better than storm which is why its my most hated class. Efreet is what has fire ranking so easy in pvp post rampage nerfs. They are not a balance school and the nerf to fire beetle is a good step in that direction.

Shrike is still over powered in terms of pierce and should be reduce to half the original amount of 50% to 25%. until then pvp will remain the same and Ice and fire primarily will continue to dominate the meta. If this would be the case the wants the point of nerfing anything?

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
62
angellifeheart on Jun 12, 2020 wrote:
I didn't countered anything, because i didn't stated the schools were weak to begin with. My statement was directed towards pve and not pvp in that reference when it comes to hitting.Also in pvp any school can blade that does mean their weak aslo. In fact a storm with 150 damage using an enchanted blade gets 45% free damage for 0 pips. So who wouldn't want to blade in pvp? more damage the better its utility spells dominating the aspect of pvp for some schools vs others. With perfect timing, just spamming weakness can essentially open up ways for the opponent to take the weakness plus one shield off as punishment.

Ice damage is not low its moderately too high in max pvp stat wise and can still be push further by utility spells such as bale frost and blades. Backed by high end resist and a broken Abominable Weaver that's soon to be nerf as with all other shadows.

There is no real way for storm to play tanky other than buying pay to win gears. Meanwhile other schools gets off free stats with farm able dragoon gears and Corporal tenni'syn robe. Stating that storm damage is high is quite an overrated fact by itself. Again damage doesn't win games now utility does.

Fire gets away with doing everything x2 better than storm which is why its my most hated class. Efreet is what has fire ranking so easy in pvp post rampage nerfs. They are not a balance school and the nerf to fire beetle is a good step in that direction.

Shrike is still over powered in terms of pierce and should be reduce to half the original amount of 50% to 25%. until then pvp will remain the same and Ice and fire primarily will continue to dominate the meta. If this would be the case the wants the point of nerfing anything?
first off this is the PVP forum not pve I am fair in assuming that you meant pvp. and 2nd storm doesn't get 45% it gets 40% with enchanted and ice, death, and life get 50% because they have lower damage that's why their blades are naturally higher

ice's damage in max pvp is higher but still below storm.

storm can play tanky with the robe of dragoons or a piece of jade gear or spooky carnival robe or rockstar kicks then you can simply use brace and use shields based on the school of your enemy. storm's damage on gear is high and so is their spells hits.

fire was allowed to get away with it since heckhound originally myth and fire were BUILT for pvp efreet is the only thing keeping fire from being unusable now you must of never been fire before.

I agree with the shrike amount. but it is not ice and fire, it's life and ice. life's healing factor to do critical heal still isn't nerfed so they do high damage and high healing without punishment

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
xTsuin on Jun 16, 2020 wrote:
first off this is the PVP forum not pve I am fair in assuming that you meant pvp. and 2nd storm doesn't get 45% it gets 40% with enchanted and ice, death, and life get 50% because they have lower damage that's why their blades are naturally higher

ice's damage in max pvp is higher but still below storm.

storm can play tanky with the robe of dragoons or a piece of jade gear or spooky carnival robe or rockstar kicks then you can simply use brace and use shields based on the school of your enemy. storm's damage on gear is high and so is their spells hits.

fire was allowed to get away with it since heckhound originally myth and fire were BUILT for pvp efreet is the only thing keeping fire from being unusable now you must of never been fire before.

I agree with the shrike amount. but it is not ice and fire, it's life and ice. life's healing factor to do critical heal still isn't nerfed so they do high damage and high healing without punishment
Yes am well aware of what forum this is. My apology my thoughts were on fire while I was typing the blade enchantment, but yes you are correct that its 40%.

However, as pertaining to your ice damage statement, you acknowledged that ice damage is high. You also understand that storm is a hitting class. Therefore you must understand, that using the dragoon robe gear as a storm place higher consequences on storm than any other school in terms of accuracy and damage. Storm is a school that needs to heavily rely on damage, critical and pierce to get by in the meta. A robe that can sustain storm but its kind of pay to win is the turquoise eagle's raiment that drops from the skyvern packs. Malistare robe is still essenstially the best robe to use atm because of its enormous damage accuracy and critical it gives.

What bothers me with fire is the fact they are the school storms dreams to be, solid base health, dot, mass damage potential and combo hits. Meanwhile storm is stuck relying on rng set ups, so thank the devs for scion. Fire was allowed to get away with everything storm desired to be but better.

Life cannot do sustainable damage like before because of the high resist everyone got at visionary pvp. Every school can have over 60% resist now. Remember this is turn base pvp also, so the amount of set shield playing against any school now in tremendously higher than before. One shot/ scion strategies also put life at a major disadvantage. Healing and hitting does not work in a meta that demands one shot wide open strategies hence why my build is centralize more around going full damage. However I fully understand how this meta is turning out and all of it has to do with may cast shatter. Life was already punished severely by guardian removal and no actual damage scion. Hence why life is ranked last in this meta, even sauce boy stated this in one of his updated videos and we both ranked the schools in this meta the same way: even though i can see myth kinda surpassing death a bit if they don't really on minions and go straight for the scion.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
62
angellifeheart on Jun 17, 2020 wrote:
Yes am well aware of what forum this is. My apology my thoughts were on fire while I was typing the blade enchantment, but yes you are correct that its 40%.

However, as pertaining to your ice damage statement, you acknowledged that ice damage is high. You also understand that storm is a hitting class. Therefore you must understand, that using the dragoon robe gear as a storm place higher consequences on storm than any other school in terms of accuracy and damage. Storm is a school that needs to heavily rely on damage, critical and pierce to get by in the meta. A robe that can sustain storm but its kind of pay to win is the turquoise eagle's raiment that drops from the skyvern packs. Malistare robe is still essenstially the best robe to use atm because of its enormous damage accuracy and critical it gives.

What bothers me with fire is the fact they are the school storms dreams to be, solid base health, dot, mass damage potential and combo hits. Meanwhile storm is stuck relying on rng set ups, so thank the devs for scion. Fire was allowed to get away with everything storm desired to be but better.

Life cannot do sustainable damage like before because of the high resist everyone got at visionary pvp. Every school can have over 60% resist now. Remember this is turn base pvp also, so the amount of set shield playing against any school now in tremendously higher than before. One shot/ scion strategies also put life at a major disadvantage. Healing and hitting does not work in a meta that demands one shot wide open strategies hence why my build is centralize more around going full damage. However I fully understand how this meta is turning out and all of it has to do with may cast shatter. Life was already punished severely by guardian removal and no actual damage scion. Hence why life is ranked last in this meta, even sauce boy stated this in one of his updated videos and we both ranked the schools in this meta the same way: even though i can see myth kinda surpassing death a bit if they don't really on minions and go straight for the scion.
sauce isn't a very good pvp example you should ask the twitch community, ask kingmeat, blakeepvp, ask "amtoxic" life is an abusive healing critical meta there just isn't enough lifes doing this for people to know it but you'll know it when you face one.
ice is very much at the top but balance is still good enough to be above myth and storm there

also storm doesnt use dragoon robe thats silly they use mali robe

and ice damage is high and by that i mean it can be above 100 with above average resist which is still pretty powerful but the real kicker is the health spells can only do so much, ice literally has the ability to sit there and blade while their opponent hits them with everything and can only get them down by half meanwhile ice can just throw up a shrike and one shot (no joke literally did this i did 20k with a feint added in and they had 55% tower up with my 4% natural pierce and a shrike) the only counter is enfeeble so ice's weakness becomes storm but storm has such low health it doesn't matter

life can do the same thing except they use weakness and weaver and then they heal

and knowing what scion can do they really shouldn't of nerfed mana burn like that

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
xTsuin on Jun 24, 2020 wrote:
sauce isn't a very good pvp example you should ask the twitch community, ask kingmeat, blakeepvp, ask "amtoxic" life is an abusive healing critical meta there just isn't enough lifes doing this for people to know it but you'll know it when you face one.
ice is very much at the top but balance is still good enough to be above myth and storm there

also storm doesnt use dragoon robe thats silly they use mali robe

and ice damage is high and by that i mean it can be above 100 with above average resist which is still pretty powerful but the real kicker is the health spells can only do so much, ice literally has the ability to sit there and blade while their opponent hits them with everything and can only get them down by half meanwhile ice can just throw up a shrike and one shot (no joke literally did this i did 20k with a feint added in and they had 55% tower up with my 4% natural pierce and a shrike) the only counter is enfeeble so ice's weakness becomes storm but storm has such low health it doesn't matter

life can do the same thing except they use weakness and weaver and then they heal

and knowing what scion can do they really shouldn't of nerfed mana burn like that
Sauce is by far the best pvp player I've encountered in my life time, Lotus as well. Blake does more fire pvp than anything else as i rarely see him do life or balance pvp. When your able to win matches while being streamed snipped you know you are good at the game. Im well aware of what each school uses pvp wise.

Ice damage is not just high its too high, when backed up by bale frost its pretty much storm damage territory so lets be real with that. It can be well over 120-130 base with solid 70% universal resist, backed up by brace for even more resist. Its not just having the ability to stack blades, but dot and steal ward is just 2 of the most useful and powerful utilities ice have in kit.

Life is more heavily reliant on having to critical a heal just to survive in this meta. Life has no good low pip solid hits.
Weaver is under powered and is only useful when backed by high base damage.

Mana burn isn't a valid claim to counter scion because its still only on one school balance also has access to scion.
Pip removal should be removed from pvp hands down especially when its backed by damage.

Again the meta should be shifted more towards the spirit schools and storm more so than

No school should be a direct counter of any schools anymore, hence why I voted on moving away from uniqueness of class to more of a balance state were every school relatively does relatively the same thing.
Dot, Heal, Damage, double hits and have resist. That's how your gonna balance 5th age pvp.

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
Balance definitely needs something to help them out.

Not only was Lore deemed useless, not only was Mana Burn nerfed, but in the upcoming Test Realm Update, Gaze of Fate will be completely unusable. It will do 500 damage for 5 pips and a shadow pip. Savage Paw does 500 damage for no shadow pip and for 5 pips.

Ninja Piglets is one of the only spells that Balances can use for their advantage. It is one of the only spells that allow them to be in the spot that they are in. Balance is in a very tough spot right now. Beforehand, Max Balance PvP was pretty brainless and took zero skill. You could just continuously spam Gaze and Lore when needed. Now, with both of those spells being unusable, Piglets is one of the only spells that they have.

For Death, I think Death is in a good spot. Headless Horseman can only be obtained through packs and Loremaster for a short period of time so I don't think nerfing it is the right idea. People have spent 100s of dollars in an attempt to get Headless Horseman from packs so nerfing it is a terrible way to compensate that.

Survivor
May 19, 2018
1
Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
PlayHard101 on Jul 3, 2020 wrote:
Balance definitely needs something to help them out.

Not only was Lore deemed useless, not only was Mana Burn nerfed, but in the upcoming Test Realm Update, Gaze of Fate will be completely unusable. It will do 500 damage for 5 pips and a shadow pip. Savage Paw does 500 damage for no shadow pip and for 5 pips.

Ninja Piglets is one of the only spells that Balances can use for their advantage. It is one of the only spells that allow them to be in the spot that they are in. Balance is in a very tough spot right now. Beforehand, Max Balance PvP was pretty brainless and took zero skill. You could just continuously spam Gaze and Lore when needed. Now, with both of those spells being unusable, Piglets is one of the only spells that they have.

For Death, I think Death is in a good spot. Headless Horseman can only be obtained through packs and Loremaster for a short period of time so I don't think nerfing it is the right idea. People have spent 100s of dollars in an attempt to get Headless Horseman from packs so nerfing it is a terrible way to compensate that.
What part of mana burn got nerf? the damage stayed the same, the pip cost stayed the same and the ability to break pips which is highly broken in turn base pvp remain the same. So plz tell me what kind of nerf did a spell that was eating 6 pips balance. And lore so you mean to tell me that balance was getting away with doing high end damage puts a 20% weakness and a 35% mantle, while your opponent is stuck not being able to do anything because of a fizzle? A spell that can be spam over and over into gaze mana burn etc and you was ok with that?

Balance still has too much control in a match considering the fact that they can literally use brace or infallible and you can't even attempt to try it yourself, without worrying about your health bar. Mana burn is still clearly an issue, the fact you can just stall out the match dishing out damage without your opponent having a reaction schedule plan in turn base is super broken. Balance is scared of blade stacking school? so what that's every school? got a problem with that make an enfeeble pet.

I have zero sympathy for a school that has dominated the meta solely on the spells it had in its possession rather than the players that was actually good on it. The biggest advantage balance has over any school right now is aura control and pip control. Not to mention is the only school that can't fizzle a weakness oh yea no one talks about that too right?

People spend money voluntary on the game and so do I? i spent a lot but that doesn't give any spell the right to be broken.

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
angellifeheart on Jul 6, 2020 wrote:
What part of mana burn got nerf? the damage stayed the same, the pip cost stayed the same and the ability to break pips which is highly broken in turn base pvp remain the same. So plz tell me what kind of nerf did a spell that was eating 6 pips balance. And lore so you mean to tell me that balance was getting away with doing high end damage puts a 20% weakness and a 35% mantle, while your opponent is stuck not being able to do anything because of a fizzle? A spell that can be spam over and over into gaze mana burn etc and you was ok with that?

Balance still has too much control in a match considering the fact that they can literally use brace or infallible and you can't even attempt to try it yourself, without worrying about your health bar. Mana burn is still clearly an issue, the fact you can just stall out the match dishing out damage without your opponent having a reaction schedule plan in turn base is super broken. Balance is scared of blade stacking school? so what that's every school? got a problem with that make an enfeeble pet.

I have zero sympathy for a school that has dominated the meta solely on the spells it had in its possession rather than the players that was actually good on it. The biggest advantage balance has over any school right now is aura control and pip control. Not to mention is the only school that can't fizzle a weakness oh yea no one talks about that too right?

People spend money voluntary on the game and so do I? i spent a lot but that doesn't give any spell the right to be broken.
I don't think you are aware of the Mana Burn change.

Mana Burn used to take away 3 pips, regardless of pip value. So it could take away 6 pips.

A 5 pip spell that could take away 6 pips yielded a great return.
Now, it only takes away 3 pips, meaning 1 power pip and 1 normal pip.

And the purpose of a nerf is to balance out a spell, not to make it entirely unusable. Lore now does 500 base with an Epic Enchant for 4 pips, along with the debuffs being nerfed to a 15 weakness and a 25 mantle.

In comparison, Sandstorm does more damage than Loremaster, and Sandstorm is an AOE.
Headless Horseman does 300 damage more than Loremaster.
Even Ninja Piglets does 200 damage more than Loremaster.

No one is asking for sympathy. Balance and Storm are clearly the worst 2 schools in the Max Meta right now.
Mana Burn is not an issue. Mana Burn is entirely situational, and that situation is when you have a lot of pips and your opponent has low pips.
Supernova is also situational, people don't use auras voluntarily against a Balance. The same way people don't shield stack or blade stack against a Myth. You seriously cannot argue that Balance is broken because people can't aura.
And currently, Ice, Fire and Life are dominating the meta because of the spells they have.
Crit Life is completely broken. A Crit Life can heal off a Storm Scion in 1 hit. Think about that. Because of the mechanics involved with life, they are currently a top school in the meta.

Yet you don't seem to talk about it. There's an inherent bias in what you are talking about. Balance is arguably the worst or second worst school in the game, so I'm baffled on how you are able to argue on how it's as overpowered as you claim it is.

Believe me, I want nothing but Balance to have the best resources possible, as I have a Max Balance. But the spells originally designed for their advantage to PvP have been nerfed continuously, which has caused Balance to be unusable.

Quick question to you, what school do you main?

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
PlayHard101 on Jul 10, 2020 wrote:
I don't think you are aware of the Mana Burn change.

Mana Burn used to take away 3 pips, regardless of pip value. So it could take away 6 pips.

A 5 pip spell that could take away 6 pips yielded a great return.
Now, it only takes away 3 pips, meaning 1 power pip and 1 normal pip.

And the purpose of a nerf is to balance out a spell, not to make it entirely unusable. Lore now does 500 base with an Epic Enchant for 4 pips, along with the debuffs being nerfed to a 15 weakness and a 25 mantle.

In comparison, Sandstorm does more damage than Loremaster, and Sandstorm is an AOE.
Headless Horseman does 300 damage more than Loremaster.
Even Ninja Piglets does 200 damage more than Loremaster.

No one is asking for sympathy. Balance and Storm are clearly the worst 2 schools in the Max Meta right now.
Mana Burn is not an issue. Mana Burn is entirely situational, and that situation is when you have a lot of pips and your opponent has low pips.
Supernova is also situational, people don't use auras voluntarily against a Balance. The same way people don't shield stack or blade stack against a Myth. You seriously cannot argue that Balance is broken because people can't aura.
And currently, Ice, Fire and Life are dominating the meta because of the spells they have.
Crit Life is completely broken. A Crit Life can heal off a Storm Scion in 1 hit. Think about that. Because of the mechanics involved with life, they are currently a top school in the meta.

Yet you don't seem to talk about it. There's an inherent bias in what you are talking about. Balance is arguably the worst or second worst school in the game, so I'm baffled on how you are able to argue on how it's as overpowered as you claim it is.

Believe me, I want nothing but Balance to have the best resources possible, as I have a Max Balance. But the spells originally designed for their advantage to PvP have been nerfed continuously, which has caused Balance to be unusable.

Quick question to you, what school do you main?
Yes am fully aware of the mana burn changes from the get go. This however still doesn't resolve the problematic issues it creates. In turn base when you mana burn the opponent there is no counter reaction hit, especially if your down to 5 pips and they have 7 for example. Mana burn will take 3 of your pips hence a power and reg pip and your not in a position to counter hit with a wide open shot example if you gain a shadow.

Hence now they can go into a defensive mode prevent you from doing full damage while still having the ability to keep you wide open into infallible hits etc. It just doesn't have any counters, and if anyone goes about wasting dispels on a non shrike opportunity good luck. Balance is still relatively strong with nova and mana burn thats all am saying. Its not the school thats the issue its players not taking advantage of a school that has one major advantage over other than itself, and that's using auras such as brace or flawless or mc cast auras.

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
angellifeheart on Jul 14, 2020 wrote:
Yes am fully aware of the mana burn changes from the get go. This however still doesn't resolve the problematic issues it creates. In turn base when you mana burn the opponent there is no counter reaction hit, especially if your down to 5 pips and they have 7 for example. Mana burn will take 3 of your pips hence a power and reg pip and your not in a position to counter hit with a wide open shot example if you gain a shadow.

Hence now they can go into a defensive mode prevent you from doing full damage while still having the ability to keep you wide open into infallible hits etc. It just doesn't have any counters, and if anyone goes about wasting dispels on a non shrike opportunity good luck. Balance is still relatively strong with nova and mana burn thats all am saying. Its not the school thats the issue its players not taking advantage of a school that has one major advantage over other than itself, and that's using auras such as brace or flawless or mc cast auras.
I disagree.
Mana Burn is literally the only utility that Balance has, other than Nova.

The reason why it's used is to prevent the opponent from comboing.
But beyond that, Mana Burn is entirely situational, and other than that, it's useless.
Balance is by far the weakest school after the balancing update, and Balance has been one of the weakest since Loremaster was nerfed.
Taking away Balance's utility will make the school completely unusable.