Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

uneven matching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
What is your rank? The higher your rank is the higher the level you might face. I know that on my lvl 28 I was a captain and I was facing level 45s every fight(and winning). If your rank is a private than I dont know how you are facing that level, but anyway I hope this helped.

Oran Stronghammer lvl60 Life
Ronan Goldensword lvl52 Storm

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Treyiscool36 wrote:
every time i play pvp i go against level 38 people and i am level 29

it is cheap, i mean i am a level 52 myth, and i am a private. And i ALWAYS go against a legendary, or level 58, i mean they have ethe rank 8 spells and just kill me. I mean i beat them a lot, but it still unfair how they match me.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
MAGFIRE wrote:
Treyiscool36 wrote:

it is cheap, i mean i am a level 52 myth, and i am a private. And i ALWAYS go against a legendary, or level 58, i mean they have ethe rank 8 spells and just kill me. I mean i beat them a lot, but it still unfair how they match me.

I know. I am a level 59 Life private and when i do 4 vs. 4 I am always on a team of privates less than level 60. The team i face usually has 4 warlords or commanders.

Garret Storm

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Treyiscool36 wrote:

make sure to play only during peak pvp hours (found on central) and not to remain in queue longer than X time before requeing.

Type of Match X Time
1v1 2 minutes
2v2 3 minutes
3v3 4 minutes
4v4 5 minutes

Follow this until you are a legend.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Treyiscool36 wrote:

yeah, they need to fix this.

RANK should have NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW YOU ARE MATCHED!

here's why:

Rank has nothing to do with how much health or mana you have
Rank has nothing to do with what boosts you can get on your clothes except for PVP gear
Rank has nothing to do with what spells you have in your deck

Rank has NOTHING to do with anything that is actually important in a duel

LEVEL is what affects all those things

There needs to be a cap so that you can NOT get matched with someone more than 5 levels over or under you in 1v1

There should also be a cap that keeps you from being matched against someone that is more than rank above or below you.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
So i am a level 58 death as i was leveling up i would 2v2 nd stuff with my friends and we would get stuck with like a level 2 and a level 60 and get obliberated every time, and it just stinks because its so hard for me to get to the next rank so i truly think we get into unfair matches from experience.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Treyiscool36 wrote:

yeah, they need to fix this.

RANK should have NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW YOU ARE MATCHED!

here's why:

Rank has nothing to do with how much health or mana you have
Rank has nothing to do with what boosts you can get on your clothes except for PVP gear
Rank has nothing to do with what spells you have in your deck

Rank has NOTHING to do with anything that is actually important in a duel

LEVEL is what affects all those things

There needs to be a cap so that you can NOT get matched with someone more than 5 levels over or under you in 1v1

There should also be a cap that keeps you from being matched against someone that is more than rank above or below you.

It is clear to me that you lack understanding of pvp mechanics, let menlay it out for you

You say rank should have nothing to do with the matching system because rank means nothing in arena. So..

You have a level five warlord with full commander gear
Who has 35% universal resist and 22% damage all and a level five private 200 rank equipped with clashing colored random stuff from unicorn way.

Under your preposed system this would be a fair fight because their levels are the same and that's all that matters, right?...

Sry but I'm going to have to be blunt and tell you your just wrong. As I have stated in other threads, rank is a reflection of experience and is an important factor In the matching system.