Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasures cards need some limitations.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
40
In PvP treasure cards are a strategy. Especially with utility spells like pierce, shatter, enfeeble, and, hex. However having a lv. 15 beat a lv. 43 just because they got a chimaera is unfair. So I think damage treasure cards 6 pips and up should be banned for PvP ( sorry high levels ).

Also there are some normal spells I think should be banned

Mass Infection, Guardian Spirit, Elemental and Spirit Defuse, and Steal Charm/Ward

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
4
Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
77
I agree but if we ban more treasure cards people wont pvp anymore and if people dont pvp anymore than people who basically live on pvp (Like Me) will quit Wizard101 forever.

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 24 Life Pvp Captain

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
115
kind argee with Guardian Spirit. life people keep useing them and one time i have to kill a life guy 4 times just because that spell

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Shatter is the only problem TC as I see it because it makes the first turn advantage even more superior that it already was. I believe it was a poorly made spell in relation to PvP and the turn system. There's nothing good about it in pvp unless you like cheap and easy wins and with myth's arsenal of stuns, double hits and now massive DOT's they don't even need it IMO. I do think storm and life needs a way to deal with shield stackers but I don't think shatter was the answer pvp was looking for.

Aside from that everything works fine in pvp, complaining is not a winning strategy. There is a counter for everything In this game, use TC's to counter TC's.


Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
19
the answer to this problem seems pretty easy to me - go to the bazaar, check out buying a garg card, last i checked, there's a lvl limit on it, lvl limit these cards, period, problem solved.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
77
gougou101 wrote:
kind argee with Guardian Spirit. life people keep useing them and one time i have to kill a life guy 4 times just because that spell

Wow! How long did that take?

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
77
albak11 wrote:
the answer to this problem seems pretty easy to me - go to the bazaar, check out buying a garg card, last i checked, there's a lvl limit on it, lvl limit these cards, period, problem solved.

I forgot about the cards like that...

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
albak11 wrote:
the answer to this problem seems pretty easy to me - go to the bazaar, check out buying a garg card, last i checked, there's a lvl limit on it, lvl limit these cards, period, problem solved.


These cards (damage enchantments) do not have a level lock on them, you can still obtain them as drops in a high level world by your low level character or by purchasing them in the new hoard pack. They we NO TRADE which means they can't be traded to a lower level character and you have to be lvl 58 to purchase them in the bazaar, meaning they are still usable for low level characters.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
315
albak11 wrote:
the answer to this problem seems pretty easy to me - go to the bazaar, check out buying a garg card, last i checked, there's a lvl limit on it, lvl limit these cards, period, problem solved.


Awesome idea! I also forgot about limiting treasure cards. Either they could do that, make them ____ School Only (ex guardian spirit life shatter myth) or they could make them No PvP, like elixirs and the Hand of Doom cards.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Just make it a level limit because the problem is in low level pvp. Although I have to agree with some of these treasure cards only help the people with first turn advantage. Its kinda annoying. Maybe KI should make some cards that better suit people in second turn.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
103

i like the ____ school only it's nice. TC ones can be no pvp too. i like that. Anyways I for one think there is no problem with guardian spirit. 25% health was fine with me. Why? Because if you died with allot of pips you loose them all. but 15% is just too small :-( Some people have good healing making it seem unfar and they might critical but it's just like any other heal. think about guardian spirit like a satyr in reserve. But only this satyr uses all the pips AND 5 pips ahead of time. I find this a good defense maneuver vs the myth shatter followed by medusa/basilisk. Or a fire's Efreet+Heck Hound+Fire Elf. Life needs it. It is the most defensive school. Ice is raw defense. But life has defense in the cards they use. Instead of complaining about it on the forum, try keeping the new spells in mind. When you consider these spells in pvp, then pve is too easy. let your defeat with these tactics inspire you to work around them. After that, you can be invinsible in pvp.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
187
Snintyeight wrote:
In PvP treasure cards are a strategy. Especially with utility spells like pierce, shatter, enfeeble, and, hex. However having a lv. 15 beat a lv. 43 just because they got a chimaera is unfair. So I think damage treasure cards 6 pips and up should be banned for PvP ( sorry high levels ).

Also there are some normal spells I think should be banned

Mass Infection, Guardian Spirit, Elemental and Spirit Defuse, and Steal Charm/Ward
Total agree. A lvl 10 beat me with leviathan (rofl). I am lvl 49 and i got beat by a lvl 10???

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 49 Pyro

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
21
how bout everything that spells (treasure card) that you can't train from just going up to the professor and getting the card.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
42
I dont agree with any of this. To win PVP duels you need to have a good strategy, and a good one is using treasure cards. You guys seem to want to take the fun out of treasure cards for lower lvls, just because you cant win a pvp battle. Think about it, with these changes, how on earth is a lvl 14 supposed to beat a lvl 50-something?

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
187
I know i might sound dumb but what is PvE?

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Lvl 49 Pyro

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
860
I disagree. You can dispel them, shield against it, even use your own treasure cards. Think about this, how is a level 10 supposed to be a level 35?

Jasmine FireBlade, lvl 80 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem, lvl 70 thaumaturge

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
40
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
I disagree. You can dispel them, shield against it, even use your own treasure cards. Think about this, how is a level 10 supposed to be a level 35?

Jasmine FireBlade, lvl 80 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem, lvl 70 thaumaturge


They're not.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
Snintyeight wrote:
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
I disagree. You can dispel them, shield against it, even use your own treasure cards. Think about this, how is a level 10 supposed to be a level 35?

Jasmine FireBlade, lvl 80 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem, lvl 70 thaumaturge


They're not.

Actually you'd be surprised by how many low levels players beat higher level players. I know I personally managed to beat a master life and life minion in 1v1 ranked when I was an adept fire (I didn't use tcs to do it either, nor did I have my minion spell at the time).

As for the topic at hand, banning tcs affects everyone, not just low or high levels. Now if there were a level lock, that would be one thing, but just banning them outright just creates an even bigger problem, especially when you take into account the disadvantage low levels have against high levels, who are usually more equipped and prepared than they are.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
You know, you fight fire with fire. Use the tc yourself, just saying.