Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Cards - Do you agree with the suggestion?

2
AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Mr Talon on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
Love the ideas but two things strike me as problematic.

1. By making a choice (Which to be clear, I do want!) I have potentially limited the amount of players which are available to be matched with. Which can potentially increase my wait time. Honestly that's not a big problem, I can wait.

2. The current matching system. One of the biggest reasons for me to have TC's in my deck is that if I'm not on one of my maxed wizards I will more then likely as a warlord be matched with someone many levels higher then me. Many lol. It's not impossible, but now having selected 'No TC' my biggest advantage in dealing with someone say 20-50 levels higher then me is gone.

I can see this quelling the merits of TC debates as people who want to will be grouped with people who want to. But at the core of this system there is still a problem and this will just magnify that.
if it in rank and you chose not tc you probly will still be match up the same way sent they have not updated pvp in years

and in practice anyone can join unless you put it to you level and lower

and in tournaments you get match up the same way rank dose so likely you will get the same levels you been vs now just with tournament rule's that make it harder

Survivor
Oct 23, 2013
2
I personally think they should take the TC out of P.V.P its not fair using them for normal players that try to fight right and no spam tc shields and all that i dont like the idea with tc being in player vs player people just need to fight right! I quit a long time ago because of that i use to have pvp captain till everyone use them so till they stop the tc then ill do pvp again no one wants tc in pvp!

paul walker, exalted life
pvp knight

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
promancer55 on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
I personally think they should take the TC out of P.V.P its not fair using them for normal players that try to fight right and no spam tc shields and all that i dont like the idea with tc being in player vs player people just need to fight right! I quit a long time ago because of that i use to have pvp captain till everyone use them so till they stop the tc then ill do pvp again no one wants tc in pvp!

paul walker, exalted life
pvp knight
That not all ture dude

some people do want Tc because it helps them in battle and if you quit because of that then i don't think you where ready to be a pvp knight in the first place because your always going meet someone who is better at pvp even without Tc so are you going quit when you run into a player without tc who keeps beating you? because players can train the disable and train the blocks even train the heal traps and ice is a block school so there just going spam blocks life will spam heal storm will spam hits

also i got to pet warlord in a day but it was not easy the player's i had to vs where uneven because some had mega hurry and hurry witch makes them run almost imposable to keep up with and my pet had no sorta hurry so i had to work hard sent almost every match up had a pet with hurry and even if they didn't have hurry and it was even i would have had to work hard because there where player's that where really good

so sorry if this comes off rude but i fined it silly to quit something because of a small reason like that

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
193
promancer55 on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
I personally think they should take the TC out of P.V.P its not fair using them for normal players that try to fight right and no spam tc shields and all that i dont like the idea with tc being in player vs player people just need to fight right! I quit a long time ago because of that i use to have pvp captain till everyone use them so till they stop the tc then ill do pvp again no one wants tc in pvp!

paul walker, exalted life
pvp knight
It is entirely fair for TC to be within PVP since anyone, including you, can use them. A good PVPer adapts and there are many who have adapted to fight against TC without using them themselves. TC are also not instant wins. They even the odds for those who are fighting opponents that are higher levels than themselves(low level warlords are perfect examples of those who learned how to properly use them) and if you don't learn it correctly you will fall. Admittedly if high levels use them on lower levels it'll get annoying.

Now if you think that if people use them it is unfair I have something to say that I've said to many others. People are not going to 'fight fair' in the arena. They can and will do anything short of hacking to win. They do not know nor care what you believe fair is. What can you do? The exact same thing. Use their tactics against them. If it involves TC, find good TC to complement your deck and use them. But do not claim something is unfair when the advantage it gives can be given to anyone.

No one wants TC in PVP? Aside from that being an absolute I'd say the fact that this topic alone exists disproves that.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
4
This seems like a good idea at first glance, however TC is a integral part of most people's pvp deck. For those who don't/can't train extremely useful spells such as weakness, black mantle, or tower shields. These spells are mostly use for stalling tactics to build up pips for a stronger spell but without them it loses a lot of playability. Though I do agree with you that people do abuse this by spamming spells 50 levels beyond their usage. Finding a balance would be very hard.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
New Sentiment on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
This seems like a good idea at first glance, however TC is a integral part of most people's pvp deck. For those who don't/can't train extremely useful spells such as weakness, black mantle, or tower shields. These spells are mostly use for stalling tactics to build up pips for a stronger spell but without them it loses a lot of playability. Though I do agree with you that people do abuse this by spamming spells 50 levels beyond their usage. Finding a balance would be very hard.
As much as I see your point, I can't agree with you. You are arguing like I am suggesting taking away TC all together. The majority of your post is stating the usefulness of TC, which I fully understand. I don't dispute your claim that TC is useful, but I don't want them banned. I want there to be a choice so everyone can choose. So a person like yourself who believes TC is useful can battle others who have the same belief. And people who don't won't have to face players like you. In the end everyone comes out of the match relatively happy. I don't see why you are taking a defensive stance towards TC.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
Mr Talon on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
Love the ideas but two things strike me as problematic.

1. By making a choice (Which to be clear, I do want!) I have potentially limited the amount of players which are available to be matched with. Which can potentially increase my wait time. Honestly that's not a big problem, I can wait.

2. The current matching system. One of the biggest reasons for me to have TC's in my deck is that if I'm not on one of my maxed wizards I will more then likely as a warlord be matched with someone many levels higher then me. Many lol. It's not impossible, but now having selected 'No TC' my biggest advantage in dealing with someone say 20-50 levels higher then me is gone.

I can see this quelling the merits of TC debates as people who want to will be grouped with people who want to. But at the core of this system there is still a problem and this will just magnify that.
I agree with you. There is still a core problem within the ranked matching system. But as I said earlier in a post, I don't want this to be implemented in rank if the mathing system is not dealt with. If I am correct, I said this in response to a post from kylesar1: "As hard is it is to admit. I'll have to agree with you on that one. Rank is a mess to begin with and that would probably the best compromise for KI.Though I would love to see it implemented in rank, but not with the current matching system. I don't know why they can't just let players do the same thing in rank that they do in practice. Let them add a maximum level cap, minimum level cap and maybe a PvP rating cap and since schools and names are hidden now it shouldn't be a problem. Then all players have to do is look for the right level matches and click join. It is clear the lack of options is killing rank and general PvP but maybe KI sees something I don't. It is easy to criticize from an outside point of view."

I hope this explains my stance on this issue.


Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
promancer55 on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
I personally think they should take the TC out of P.V.P its not fair using them for normal players that try to fight right and no spam tc shields and all that i dont like the idea with tc being in player vs player people just need to fight right! I quit a long time ago because of that i use to have pvp captain till everyone use them so till they stop the tc then ill do pvp again no one wants tc in pvp!

paul walker, exalted life
pvp knight
I think your opinion is valid. And you are entitled to your opinion, however, I can't agree with you. Due to the blunder in rank PvP, TC became extremely popular to deal with the relevant issues. Though I must admit several players exploits the fact, and still uses TC even when they don't need them, for example: in practice PvP.

This suggestion is so players like you can play simliar players. So you won't have to worry about the other players who believe they need TC or who integrate TC into thier play.

If you expected me to take a side, I sincerely apologize. I believe that taking away the choice to use TC would just take us backwards, and then in the future you might see another post like mines asking for the choice to use TC as well.

So instead of banning TC or forcing players to use TC, there would be a choice. No one would have to quit, no one would have to complain.

Although several have pointed out the issue with the ranked matching system, I also suggested that there be settings that allow players to choose, level and PvP rating so that the matching system can go smoothly thus allowing the TC choice suggestion to be implemented easily.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
100
This option would be quite nice to have. You have my support.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
26
If TC were banned, Commander gear would be a problem, and there would be less counters to certain strategies.

If i wasn't max level, i'd spam shields, and Multiply my heals and shields, and force a late game fight. This would effectively make my Multiplication strategy Overpowered.

Say for Balance, I'd multiply scorpions shields and availing hands -> Samoorai for pressure
Summon a Mander, or a Clockwork to help with shields and weaknesses. From there, I would pile elemental / Spirit defuses.

You could blade stack, You wouldn't have enough damage Via blade stacking to kill me, and with my heal boost I'd just control the match and win. Since Resist + Healing > Damage at all levels below 100 (Even 90's) You'ed effectively restore a hierarchy of Tanking. Don't forget, that if you blade stack, you don't have damage going down on my mander.

10/10 I support this notion.

If you argue for level 30 PvP, You just lose the ability to multiply hits and heals. With Rank 6 attacks doing 300 damage Max, and shields being even more efficient, I could just max shuffles cloaks and run a minion deck with a few hits for finishers. (Use a Healing pet.)

The counter to this, Would be fire. Link would be even stronger than it already is. (I'll give you a hint, The game doesn't need this game mode.)

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
Sarah Waterbreeze on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
This option would be quite nice to have. You have my support.
Thank you

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
Eric Legendtamer on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
If TC were banned, Commander gear would be a problem, and there would be less counters to certain strategies.

If i wasn't max level, i'd spam shields, and Multiply my heals and shields, and force a late game fight. This would effectively make my Multiplication strategy Overpowered.

Say for Balance, I'd multiply scorpions shields and availing hands -> Samoorai for pressure
Summon a Mander, or a Clockwork to help with shields and weaknesses. From there, I would pile elemental / Spirit defuses.

You could blade stack, You wouldn't have enough damage Via blade stacking to kill me, and with my heal boost I'd just control the match and win. Since Resist + Healing > Damage at all levels below 100 (Even 90's) You'ed effectively restore a hierarchy of Tanking. Don't forget, that if you blade stack, you don't have damage going down on my mander.

10/10 I support this notion.

If you argue for level 30 PvP, You just lose the ability to multiply hits and heals. With Rank 6 attacks doing 300 damage Max, and shields being even more efficient, I could just max shuffles cloaks and run a minion deck with a few hits for finishers. (Use a Healing pet.)

The counter to this, Would be fire. Link would be even stronger than it already is. (I'll give you a hint, The game doesn't need this game mode.)
...Are you saying you don't like the suggestion? Or that you do? And what do you mean about banning TC? When did I say I want to ban TC? You stratergy sounds nice, but it is a little off topic. You said the game doesn't need this game mode, which implies you don't like the suggestion, but I don't want to assume. So can you please clarify?

If my hunch is correct, and you don't like the suggestion. Then can you tell me why? And please don't say that TC is important and you shouldn't ban it, because I am not suggesting banning TC.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2009
99
I dont think they should be banned but limited to players who are higher level that only they can use. For example wild bolt needs restrictions from low level wizards or insane bolt tc to stop low level bolt spammers from winning fights with one lucky hit. Spamming wild Bolt or insane bolt is just a cheap win and isnt fair to players who fight fair with strategy. Everything else though is fair game in the arena.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
DarkWIZard98x on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
I dont think they should be banned but limited to players who are higher level that only they can use. For example wild bolt needs restrictions from low level wizards or insane bolt tc to stop low level bolt spammers from winning fights with one lucky hit. Spamming wild Bolt or insane bolt is just a cheap win and isnt fair to players who fight fair with strategy. Everything else though is fair game in the arena.
Darkwizard98x

I think that the worst idea ever

insane bolt i agree needs to be removed from pvp like they did with the tc

but wild bolt no

and making it for certain level is silly everybody should be able to use tc when they want there ways around it and you have the option of having the same tc

and anybody think it only should be for certain level is just wanting it out of lower level hand so they can win

and turhtfully lower level work harder then anybody else to get to there level because they are always at a disadvantage till they get to a good level and anybody that is a warlord at that level should be rewarded for there hard work

last thing making it like this would only hurt lower level players who do rank and then they wont stand a chance against fighting the bigger level

so how would that be fair also that wasn't even what this topic was about this topic about making a option where we can pick if we want Tc or not in the battle

level 100
level 79
level 18

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
DarkWIZard98x on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
I dont think they should be banned but limited to players who are higher level that only they can use. For example wild bolt needs restrictions from low level wizards or insane bolt tc to stop low level bolt spammers from winning fights with one lucky hit. Spamming wild Bolt or insane bolt is just a cheap win and isnt fair to players who fight fair with strategy. Everything else though is fair game in the arena.
Why does everyone keep saying TC shouldn't be banned? Is it a post I didn't see? This thread have nothing to do with banning TC. If someone does comment about banning TC however, I would say you have to read my original post. I am not saying TC should be banned or that they are bad, all I really want to see is players having a good time enjoying what they are best at. Not all players are good at using TC, which in my opinion I think was introduced in the game to be trump cards to make wizards stronger. And not all players are good without the use of TC. Why play when you can't play at your best? If an option is made so players can choose which type of match suits them best I'm sure PvP would be more popular with those that only PvE. Also players would benefit more since their strategies would suit them and they would go up against similar opponents who will have similar parameters. Nothing is better than trying your hardest to succeed when you know there is a chance of success. That spurs on development, creativity, intelligence and intellect. What PvP is now is just a slaughter-fest that teaches others that TC is necessary. Why judge a fish on how it climbs a tree?

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
sliver moon wolf on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Darkwizard98x

I think that the worst idea ever

insane bolt i agree needs to be removed from pvp like they did with the tc

but wild bolt no

and making it for certain level is silly everybody should be able to use tc when they want there ways around it and you have the option of having the same tc

and anybody think it only should be for certain level is just wanting it out of lower level hand so they can win

and turhtfully lower level work harder then anybody else to get to there level because they are always at a disadvantage till they get to a good level and anybody that is a warlord at that level should be rewarded for there hard work

last thing making it like this would only hurt lower level players who do rank and then they wont stand a chance against fighting the bigger level

so how would that be fair also that wasn't even what this topic was about this topic about making a option where we can pick if we want Tc or not in the battle

level 100
level 79
level 18
Exactly, well said.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2009
99
sliver moon wolf on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Darkwizard98x

I think that the worst idea ever

insane bolt i agree needs to be removed from pvp like they did with the tc

but wild bolt no

and making it for certain level is silly everybody should be able to use tc when they want there ways around it and you have the option of having the same tc

and anybody think it only should be for certain level is just wanting it out of lower level hand so they can win

and turhtfully lower level work harder then anybody else to get to there level because they are always at a disadvantage till they get to a good level and anybody that is a warlord at that level should be rewarded for there hard work

last thing making it like this would only hurt lower level players who do rank and then they wont stand a chance against fighting the bigger level

so how would that be fair also that wasn't even what this topic was about this topic about making a option where we can pick if we want Tc or not in the battle

level 100
level 79
level 18
I am a low level 12 warlord with about 700 health and I can honestly say I did not use wild bolt tc at all against anyone to win, especially with magus and journeyman wizards, there are other things schools can use besides wild bolt. It isnt fair if you go into a fight and then first move you are defeated instantly with a lucky 1000 damage wild bolt. There is no skill involved at all using that spell in the arena, its just a really cheap way of winning a fight for lower level wizards. How about this, what if KI nerfs Wild Bolt for lower level wizards maybe levels 1 to 35 are nerfed so it does 10, 100, or 550 damage? That to me would be resonable considering it costs only 2 little pips.

Victoria Storm Warlord Level 12
Mason Greenbane Commander level 100

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Invitirion on Feb 7, 2015 wrote:
Why does everyone keep saying TC shouldn't be banned? Is it a post I didn't see? This thread have nothing to do with banning TC. If someone does comment about banning TC however, I would say you have to read my original post. I am not saying TC should be banned or that they are bad, all I really want to see is players having a good time enjoying what they are best at. Not all players are good at using TC, which in my opinion I think was introduced in the game to be trump cards to make wizards stronger. And not all players are good without the use of TC. Why play when you can't play at your best? If an option is made so players can choose which type of match suits them best I'm sure PvP would be more popular with those that only PvE. Also players would benefit more since their strategies would suit them and they would go up against similar opponents who will have similar parameters. Nothing is better than trying your hardest to succeed when you know there is a chance of success. That spurs on development, creativity, intelligence and intellect. What PvP is now is just a slaughter-fest that teaches others that TC is necessary. Why judge a fish on how it climbs a tree?
It's because they just read the first topic

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
DarkWIZard98x on Feb 8, 2015 wrote:
I am a low level 12 warlord with about 700 health and I can honestly say I did not use wild bolt tc at all against anyone to win, especially with magus and journeyman wizards, there are other things schools can use besides wild bolt. It isnt fair if you go into a fight and then first move you are defeated instantly with a lucky 1000 damage wild bolt. There is no skill involved at all using that spell in the arena, its just a really cheap way of winning a fight for lower level wizards. How about this, what if KI nerfs Wild Bolt for lower level wizards maybe levels 1 to 35 are nerfed so it does 10, 100, or 550 damage? That to me would be resonable considering it costs only 2 little pips.

Victoria Storm Warlord Level 12
Mason Greenbane Commander level 100
Truthfully it easy to block wild bolt and most times it 10 damage and most level can handle it long as there not level 1 and if they are doing pvp at that level then they die 50% of the time

2