Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Cards - Do you agree with the suggestion?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
Let me start off by saying this, KI doesn't seem to have any intentions of banning TC in PvP, so whining about TC use in matches is practically counter productive. No, I am not a big fan of TC use in PvP, but the reality is that something like a total ban of TC will make a lot of players unhappy, which will result in a loss in business for KI.

In my mind, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether one chooses to battle with or without TC is not up for debate, because there is no law governing either. However, I don't think this game should be shoving the two differing opinions together without a choice, because it would only lead to a lot of bickering.

From my personal experience the main problems plaguing players who argue about TC use are the following:
  • The whining after matches when a TC user win.
  • High level TC available to very low level wizards.
  • The definition of skill.
  • Spamming of TC that can result in a appreciable loss of the feeling of fun within a match (Double smoking, plague etc.)
  • Not everyone agrees that bar hacking any tactic is allowed in PvP.
Now the most logical solution is to separate the two factions by providing an option in the arena that allow a player to chose whether or he/she wants to have a match that allows TC use. One may think that the idea suggested is fairly new but it is not. In the newly instituted Tournaments, several options are available to the players that create one. They can chose what type of tournament they want and one of the options is one that disallows TC. Why not make the option to allow or disallow TC a general option in the whole arena? The other types of matches can be for the Tournaments only.

The benefits would be that:
  • Players who integrate TC into their play can battle against others like them making it more fun for both parties.
  • Players who integrate TC into their play won't get complaints about use of TC.
  • Players who don't integrate TC into their play won't be forced to play with those who use TC.
  • A more enjoyable atmosphere in the arena will take precedence, taking away the bad reputation of PvP.
  • There will be less debates about TC.

I am hoping this post can garner a lot of attention so that the TC debate can be finally put to rest. Those who agree state 'Agree' and for those who don't state 'Disagree' and state why so that you can further discussion and help improve the idea.

Happy holidays everyone.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
25
Eloquently stated. Niched PvP settings is something I've been wanting for a while too. Hope it happens in Third Age.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
945
Separating TC users and people who don't use TC could work, but there would always be the few that join the "no TC faction" and still use TC to get easier wins. That could be fixed by completely disabling TC in PvP if you join the "no TC faction".

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
i agree very much. i think that this is a good solution to the TC argument.


Defender
Mar 10, 2014
168
lewski on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
Separating TC users and people who don't use TC could work, but there would always be the few that join the "no TC faction" and still use TC to get easier wins. That could be fixed by completely disabling TC in PvP if you join the "no TC faction".
good idea

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
70
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
I think that the card should be not usable if you already know the spell for real. because some people use the treasure card version just to make the spell stronger.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2009
70
Blaze Deathward on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
I think that the card should be not usable if you already know the spell for real. because some people use the treasure card version just to make the spell stronger.
Blaze the whole idea is that a lot of people don't want to be forced to fight TC users. Just removing that wouldn't stop LVL 15 wizards from using efreet and spamming tower shields that they don't have.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Invitirion on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
Let me start off by saying this, KI doesn't seem to have any intentions of banning TC in PvP, so whining about TC use in matches is practically counter productive. No, I am not a big fan of TC use in PvP, but the reality is that something like a total ban of TC will make a lot of players unhappy, which will result in a loss in business for KI.

In my mind, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether one chooses to battle with or without TC is not up for debate, because there is no law governing either. However, I don't think this game should be shoving the two differing opinions together without a choice, because it would only lead to a lot of bickering.

From my personal experience the main problems plaguing players who argue about TC use are the following:
  • The whining after matches when a TC user win.
  • High level TC available to very low level wizards.
  • The definition of skill.
  • Spamming of TC that can result in a appreciable loss of the feeling of fun within a match (Double smoking, plague etc.)
  • Not everyone agrees that bar hacking any tactic is allowed in PvP.
Now the most logical solution is to separate the two factions by providing an option in the arena that allow a player to chose whether or he/she wants to have a match that allows TC use. One may think that the idea suggested is fairly new but it is not. In the newly instituted Tournaments, several options are available to the players that create one. They can chose what type of tournament they want and one of the options is one that disallows TC. Why not make the option to allow or disallow TC a general option in the whole arena? The other types of matches can be for the Tournaments only.

The benefits would be that:
  • Players who integrate TC into their play can battle against others like them making it more fun for both parties.
  • Players who integrate TC into their play won't get complaints about use of TC.
  • Players who don't integrate TC into their play won't be forced to play with those who use TC.
  • A more enjoyable atmosphere in the arena will take precedence, taking away the bad reputation of PvP.
  • There will be less debates about TC.

I am hoping this post can garner a lot of attention so that the TC debate can be finally put to rest. Those who agree state 'Agree' and for those who don't state 'Disagree' and state why so that you can further discussion and help improve the idea.

Happy holidays everyone.
I would support this idea if it wasn't sometimes so hard to get a match as it is, but splitting the community in half (Or however it would be split) would make it extremely difficult to get matches, especially for teams, and even in 1v1 at certain times on certain days. Also, if a larger portion of the community chose one option over the other, it could force people from the other option to play the opposite option of what they would prefer to get a match, taking away the point.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
lewski on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
Separating TC users and people who don't use TC could work, but there would always be the few that join the "no TC faction" and still use TC to get easier wins. That could be fixed by completely disabling TC in PvP if you join the "no TC faction".
I'm not suggesting factions or groups. Just a setting that can be applied to a match that allows the 'draw' card button to be accessible or removed, thus making the option available to chose TC or to duel without TC. Factions to me would be a lot more strife and might actually lead to more bickering. If everyone accepts each others type of play but select what they want for themselves before a match then it can add to a more neutral atmosphere where no one have to say negative stuff about TC.

Happy Holidays

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
For those who read my original post and think I am suggesting 'factions' I can easily say that I am not. I don't want there to be any noticeable separation of players in the arena. I am suggesting an option where one can simply chose what type of match he/she wants before the match begins. Similar to how one can chose in Practice PvP if he wants to 2v2, 4v4, duel with friends, or to make the match have a level limit of 40. If one was to chose the setting 'No TC' before a match then in the match no TC won't be allowed, even if the person stocked their deck with TC and had intentions to use them. Factions will be useless without the settings anyways because as Lewski stated above a few would definitely join the 'No TC faction' just to use TC. My suggestion isn't only about TC but also about the relative enjoyment and peace at the arena in general. If factions arose, (I don't think KI would allow that to happen) it would cause a clash between the differing opinions and the two would want to battle each other constantly to prove whose dueling style is better. And then someone would suggest tournaments between the two groups. Just thinking about it gives me the chills. So no, I am not suggesting factions. Just a way to chose whether one can or can not duel in a match with TC.

This was just to clear up the confusion if there was any. Still looking forward to any suggestions to improve my idea or any suggestions to make the arena more peaceful and enjoyable on a whole. And thanks for the support so far. Hopefully someone from KI would consider the idea if we got enough agreement from the players on this message board. We need to show how serious we are in wanting this.

Happy holidays everyone, Christmas is just around the corner.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
Aaron SpellThief on Dec 25, 2014 wrote:
I would support this idea if it wasn't sometimes so hard to get a match as it is, but splitting the community in half (Or however it would be split) would make it extremely difficult to get matches, especially for teams, and even in 1v1 at certain times on certain days. Also, if a larger portion of the community chose one option over the other, it could force people from the other option to play the opposite option of what they would prefer to get a match, taking away the point.
Again I would like to say I am not suggesting factions or splitting the community. The whole point of my suggestion is to bring everyone together peacefully. Yes, when one gets in the arena you can't exactly be together peacefully with your opponent, but at least the interaction between the two would be cordial, respectful and kind. The point I was trying to get across was that a setting would be applied to matches to give players the options to opt in or out of TC use in their match. That way the bickering and resentment towards TC use would dissolve. However, you did make a valid point. In your opinion, there would be a decline to how many matches one can join since a setting would be applied. So instead of forty (40) matches like how they are currently, where there would be different level limitations and TC is allowed whether we like it or not, there might be thirty (30) TC-Allowed matches and ten (10) TC-Restricted matches with the usual level limitations. I am not saying that is what I predict the ratio would be like. It was just an example. But in the end isn't it better to get ten (10) games of what you love and wanted? Or thirty (30) games of pure fun and enjoyment? The problem that will arise is that TC-users will argue that they see no need in adding a new setting or filter. And that it would be a detriment to their cause since they won't get as many matches. But do you really think the current numbers in PvP are all the players in this game? I can assure you that many have abandoned PvP due to the TC issue. I myself went on a hiatus once due to my frustration. I also have many friends who just quest because although they like the idea of PvP they don't like how it is arranged where you can just buy any spell you want to battle with. Due to people's opinion on PvP it got a bad reputation. Do you think if most of the players of the game liked how PvP is constructed that it would have a bad reputation? And why do you think most people have a general disdain for warlords? Actually there is a post about that in the PvP message boards where someone is talking about the unfair attacks on warlords. It bothers me to see such a divide created due to one small element called treasure cards. So instead of arguing that TC are valid or they aren't, I decided to suggest a way where both opinions can exist so that PvP would have the maximum amount of players taking part. There is a very high possibility that if the suggestion is implemented that the number of matches will increase far beyond how the current numbers are now. However, if one is satisfied with just winning, even if they are against an unwilling opponent who has no intentions to play the same way, then that is their view, not everyone thinks like that. Some people can be satisfied with losing when they know they did their all and fought on a level playing field. And that encourages growth. When the two sides oppose each other who is the only one left satisfied?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Fear not, Invitrion. You cannot ever completely control how people interpret or misinterpret your posts, you can only be as clear as you can be, and I think you did a fine job. I did not interpret you as saying you support factions in any way. Instead, I saw that you want more options for competition, which I am totally in favor of. Wiz101 is still very fledgling when it comes to usability options, and I think being able to compete in PvP with different sets of rules falls into the "sweet spot" where KI development groups need to focus their collective attention in the future.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
Lucas Rain on Dec 28, 2014 wrote:
Fear not, Invitrion. You cannot ever completely control how people interpret or misinterpret your posts, you can only be as clear as you can be, and I think you did a fine job. I did not interpret you as saying you support factions in any way. Instead, I saw that you want more options for competition, which I am totally in favor of. Wiz101 is still very fledgling when it comes to usability options, and I think being able to compete in PvP with different sets of rules falls into the "sweet spot" where KI development groups need to focus their collective attention in the future.
Thank you for understanding. I think their ideas have great foundations, but like you said they have little usability options, and it undermines the balance of the game.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
7
I agree with you mate, Treasure Cards are a different asset to players, when used It can unbalance gameplay and make things rather irritating, due to the fact It's not their school, or simply spamming it for one pip can really get to people. Seperating is a good idea, but It shouldn't be that simplified, KI just needs to simply add a checkbox for TC's when creating a match, When players join, their sideboard is automatocally disabled, and a gold card simple above the pvp or some what to show That it is or isn't alloud, so therefor this can help the individual players to choose to play simple games with just spells or take it all out with TC's and be verseable amongst the schools. This is something that is very simple to fix, KI i'm sure are reading and debating on everything we suggest, Complain and discuss about. They are working hard to bring new worlds out and expand the game, new weapons and keep bugs undercontrol, Everyone Has to understand KI has a list, and they take it one step at a time, Soon enough the Treasure Card problem will be fixed and or solved and they will continue down the list of other debating things in the game. But till then, just remain patient and in the end, It will be rewarding!

Thanks for reading

Evan :)

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
Blueman88 on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
I agree with you mate, Treasure Cards are a different asset to players, when used It can unbalance gameplay and make things rather irritating, due to the fact It's not their school, or simply spamming it for one pip can really get to people. Seperating is a good idea, but It shouldn't be that simplified, KI just needs to simply add a checkbox for TC's when creating a match, When players join, their sideboard is automatocally disabled, and a gold card simple above the pvp or some what to show That it is or isn't alloud, so therefor this can help the individual players to choose to play simple games with just spells or take it all out with TC's and be verseable amongst the schools. This is something that is very simple to fix, KI i'm sure are reading and debating on everything we suggest, Complain and discuss about. They are working hard to bring new worlds out and expand the game, new weapons and keep bugs undercontrol, Everyone Has to understand KI has a list, and they take it one step at a time, Soon enough the Treasure Card problem will be fixed and or solved and they will continue down the list of other debating things in the game. But till then, just remain patient and in the end, It will be rewarding!

Thanks for reading

Evan :)
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you. And no, I wasn't suggesting a simple separation. Actually your idea was what I had in mind. This is a new year and I can't wait to see what to see what new content they bring us. But I hope it is in the favor of fair game play and overall balance. Yes, we all know change is never easy, but sometimes change is necessary.

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
So basically bring in Classic matches to Practice and not restrict them to Tournaments only..............

Something like that probably wouldn't be implemented in ranked

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
kylesar1 on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
So basically bring in Classic matches to Practice and not restrict them to Tournaments only..............

Something like that probably wouldn't be implemented in ranked
As hard is it is to admit. I'll have to agree with you on that one. Rank is a mess to begin with and that would probably the best compromise for KI.Though I would love to see it implemented in rank, but not with the current matching system. I don't know why they can't just let players do the same thing in rank that they do in practice. Let them add a maximum level cap, minimum level cap and maybe a PvP rating cap and since schools and names are hidden now it shouldn't be a problem. Then all players have to do is look for the right level matches and click join. It is clear the lack of options is killing rank and general PvP but maybe KI sees something I don't. It is easy to criticize from an outside point of view.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Invitirion on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
Let me start off by saying this, KI doesn't seem to have any intentions of banning TC in PvP, so whining about TC use in matches is practically counter productive. No, I am not a big fan of TC use in PvP, but the reality is that something like a total ban of TC will make a lot of players unhappy, which will result in a loss in business for KI.

In my mind, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether one chooses to battle with or without TC is not up for debate, because there is no law governing either. However, I don't think this game should be shoving the two differing opinions together without a choice, because it would only lead to a lot of bickering.

From my personal experience the main problems plaguing players who argue about TC use are the following:
  • The whining after matches when a TC user win.
  • High level TC available to very low level wizards.
  • The definition of skill.
  • Spamming of TC that can result in a appreciable loss of the feeling of fun within a match (Double smoking, plague etc.)
  • Not everyone agrees that bar hacking any tactic is allowed in PvP.
Now the most logical solution is to separate the two factions by providing an option in the arena that allow a player to chose whether or he/she wants to have a match that allows TC use. One may think that the idea suggested is fairly new but it is not. In the newly instituted Tournaments, several options are available to the players that create one. They can chose what type of tournament they want and one of the options is one that disallows TC. Why not make the option to allow or disallow TC a general option in the whole arena? The other types of matches can be for the Tournaments only.

The benefits would be that:
  • Players who integrate TC into their play can battle against others like them making it more fun for both parties.
  • Players who integrate TC into their play won't get complaints about use of TC.
  • Players who don't integrate TC into their play won't be forced to play with those who use TC.
  • A more enjoyable atmosphere in the arena will take precedence, taking away the bad reputation of PvP.
  • There will be less debates about TC.

I am hoping this post can garner a lot of attention so that the TC debate can be finally put to rest. Those who agree state 'Agree' and for those who don't state 'Disagree' and state why so that you can further discussion and help improve the idea.

Happy holidays everyone.
Alright this thing has been going on sent the dawn of the game many topic and i do mean many have been posted about tc and how it unfair

well this is the number one concern i have

1 how will you get the player's who like to use Tc to join this because there not going be willing to join because some are level 10 who need there Tc to get to war lord and some don't have any heals and use Tc heals and over 90% use Tc and the small 10% that dose not will take forever to get a match because there not enough player's doing it so how would you get the player's to come over and do this none Tc thing i mean would there be reward or would it just be normal fun? because if nobody but few player's are doing it then why even make it.

2 if you going do this just make a new thing where you hit x and it say would you like to do a torment a practice or a rank then you enter that and every match will have the Tc icon on it with a x over it incadting that you can not use Tc in this match

3 what about house's with pvp in it how would that work? dose the owerner go into his setting and say only tc battles or normal battle's or rank battle's?

4 How much money will this cost and is this more important then fixing the bug's that are in the game and also balance out pvp again and will they make money off of this after all money don't grow on tree's.

That what we got to look at this is a great ideal to stop the fighting but let's be logical here

level 100
level 70

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
sliver moon wolf on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
Alright this thing has been going on sent the dawn of the game many topic and i do mean many have been posted about tc and how it unfair

well this is the number one concern i have

1 how will you get the player's who like to use Tc to join this because there not going be willing to join because some are level 10 who need there Tc to get to war lord and some don't have any heals and use Tc heals and over 90% use Tc and the small 10% that dose not will take forever to get a match because there not enough player's doing it so how would you get the player's to come over and do this none Tc thing i mean would there be reward or would it just be normal fun? because if nobody but few player's are doing it then why even make it.

2 if you going do this just make a new thing where you hit x and it say would you like to do a torment a practice or a rank then you enter that and every match will have the Tc icon on it with a x over it incadting that you can not use Tc in this match

3 what about house's with pvp in it how would that work? dose the owerner go into his setting and say only tc battles or normal battle's or rank battle's?

4 How much money will this cost and is this more important then fixing the bug's that are in the game and also balance out pvp again and will they make money off of this after all money don't grow on tree's.

That what we got to look at this is a great ideal to stop the fighting but let's be logical here

level 100
level 70
If you had read the thread properly you would realize I was suggesting the same concept as your point number two. As for your point number three, that can easily rectified with a prompt that asks players whether or not they want TC in the match, of course both players have to agree on an option for the match to start. For your point number four, I really don't get where you are going with that one. As far as I know, satisfaction of customers equals money and profits, money and profits equals growth. I won't know how much it will cost since I don't work at KI, so that question doesn't really apply to me. However, if it does have a substantial cost attached to it that would explain why they haven't attempted it. And I think you have to evaluate how the game makes money off of PvP in the first place to ask me if my suggestion can make them money. As for your point number one, ...well... it seems there is a little bias to that statement - well, a lot of bias. I'm not too sure where you got that ratio from but you are terribly misinformed. More than ten percent would agree that they don't want TC in their matches, and I'm sure if the suggestion was implemented the number of non-TC matches would prove my point. And what no TC thing? I'm not sure we are even on the same page. And your concern of there being little non-TC matches is noted, though I can say with a lot of certainty that it won't be like that. There will be a lot of those matches. As for this being an ideal, I would say it isn't. It is simply asking for an option so others and I can fully enjoy PvP.

It's not a lot to ask for, but you are right, TC users will complain. Why? We both know the answer to that question.

But will it affect their TC use? - No
Will if affect their enjoyment? - No
Will it affect how much matches they can join? - Yes

If you are so sure that 90% enjoy TC use in PvP then it shouldn't be a problem. Would it now?

Of course it would be. Because the answer to the question above is that players would now be given an option to avoid TC-Users. That's why they would complain.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Invitirion on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
If you had read the thread properly you would realize I was suggesting the same concept as your point number two. As for your point number three, that can easily rectified with a prompt that asks players whether or not they want TC in the match, of course both players have to agree on an option for the match to start. For your point number four, I really don't get where you are going with that one. As far as I know, satisfaction of customers equals money and profits, money and profits equals growth. I won't know how much it will cost since I don't work at KI, so that question doesn't really apply to me. However, if it does have a substantial cost attached to it that would explain why they haven't attempted it. And I think you have to evaluate how the game makes money off of PvP in the first place to ask me if my suggestion can make them money. As for your point number one, ...well... it seems there is a little bias to that statement - well, a lot of bias. I'm not too sure where you got that ratio from but you are terribly misinformed. More than ten percent would agree that they don't want TC in their matches, and I'm sure if the suggestion was implemented the number of non-TC matches would prove my point. And what no TC thing? I'm not sure we are even on the same page. And your concern of there being little non-TC matches is noted, though I can say with a lot of certainty that it won't be like that. There will be a lot of those matches. As for this being an ideal, I would say it isn't. It is simply asking for an option so others and I can fully enjoy PvP.

It's not a lot to ask for, but you are right, TC users will complain. Why? We both know the answer to that question.

But will it affect their TC use? - No
Will if affect their enjoyment? - No
Will it affect how much matches they can join? - Yes

If you are so sure that 90% enjoy TC use in PvP then it shouldn't be a problem. Would it now?

Of course it would be. Because the answer to the question above is that players would now be given an option to avoid TC-Users. That's why they would complain.
OK first i like you style

and the other thing is i guess your right but i still think instead of it being a option where both party's have to agree just make a new pvp stand that player's walk up to and press x like with rank and practice and torments that way it faster to get a match

also you are kinda dividing the pvp thing into Tc and none Tc

and you didn't answer my last question and yes i read threw all you post but how would this work with player's who own a house with pvp will they be able to set there house to no Tc pvp or normal pvp

also this is a ideal dude kl dose not have to do the ideal just because you said so trust me they can reject the ideal if they want

last thing is this ideal is a great ideal and i with it 100% But i alway's look at the point from both party's
level 100
level 72

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
sliver moon wolf on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
OK first i like you style

and the other thing is i guess your right but i still think instead of it being a option where both party's have to agree just make a new pvp stand that player's walk up to and press x like with rank and practice and torments that way it faster to get a match

also you are kinda dividing the pvp thing into Tc and none Tc

and you didn't answer my last question and yes i read threw all you post but how would this work with player's who own a house with pvp will they be able to set there house to no Tc pvp or normal pvp

also this is a ideal dude kl dose not have to do the ideal just because you said so trust me they can reject the ideal if they want

last thing is this ideal is a great ideal and i with it 100% But i alway's look at the point from both party's
level 100
level 72
Well, from your stand point, I'll have to agree it is an ideal, but it isn't something farfetched. All players want is to fight someone with similar skill and similar leveled cards.

As for the house issue, they won't have to adjust the whole house for a setting. I'm thinking something like once players enter the PvP designated area that is attached to a house, that a prompt would come up on the screen and players will have to select whether they want the match to have Tc or no Tc. House PvP matches would then relatively stay the same.

As for me seemingly appearing to divide PvP between TC and no TC - I sincerely apologize if it appears that way. I really wasn't going for that type of environment. I just want to see an option that adds more diversity to matches. It makes me sad how many players leave the arena and never return because they think TC is unfair. I'm not saying their way of thinking is wrong, I just want them to have a choice - that is all. I'm pretty sure all of us would like a choice on how to conduct an activity. And if there is only one choice, and its one we don't like, then the next logical step is to take the only other choice/option available - and that is to opt-out of partaking in such an activity. So thus a reduction in players taking part in PvP. Imagine you were only given the choice to eat peas for lunch at school, and the others were telling you if you don't like it then just get your own lunch, won't you get your own lunch?

For those who think I am anti-TC, I will tell you now that I am not. I actually teach players how to properly integrate TC into their style of PvP play so they can gain warlord status. So why do I still want there to be an option? Because since I teach that style of play I know the major difference between a match filled with TC and ones without. The difference is drastic, like two totally different worlds - and I personally prefer the latter. But that doesn't mean I hate TC. It just adds a different element to PvP. To me PvP is like the Olympics. You get a chance to go up against actual players and test your skill instead of training with your coach. But why should a long jumper be forced to do the 200 meter dash? I don't exactly see it as fair. Long jump and the 200 meters are two totally different events, the same way a TC filled match is very different to one without. I am not asking for anything radical like banning a spell from PvP. I am asking for an option. One small, modest, humble option. It shouldn't have a negative effect on any of the players, so why cry out. However if you can point out a negative effect I would certainly love to hear it.

I just want to hear something positive about PvP for once. Instead of the, "Such and such is unfair and bad," I want to hear "PvP has some elements to it that is fun and fair. They actually have options for everyone and do cater to the players."

Is that idealistic? - Yes
Is that unrealistic? - No

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Invitirion on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Well, from your stand point, I'll have to agree it is an ideal, but it isn't something farfetched. All players want is to fight someone with similar skill and similar leveled cards.

As for the house issue, they won't have to adjust the whole house for a setting. I'm thinking something like once players enter the PvP designated area that is attached to a house, that a prompt would come up on the screen and players will have to select whether they want the match to have Tc or no Tc. House PvP matches would then relatively stay the same.

As for me seemingly appearing to divide PvP between TC and no TC - I sincerely apologize if it appears that way. I really wasn't going for that type of environment. I just want to see an option that adds more diversity to matches. It makes me sad how many players leave the arena and never return because they think TC is unfair. I'm not saying their way of thinking is wrong, I just want them to have a choice - that is all. I'm pretty sure all of us would like a choice on how to conduct an activity. And if there is only one choice, and its one we don't like, then the next logical step is to take the only other choice/option available - and that is to opt-out of partaking in such an activity. So thus a reduction in players taking part in PvP. Imagine you were only given the choice to eat peas for lunch at school, and the others were telling you if you don't like it then just get your own lunch, won't you get your own lunch?

For those who think I am anti-TC, I will tell you now that I am not. I actually teach players how to properly integrate TC into their style of PvP play so they can gain warlord status. So why do I still want there to be an option? Because since I teach that style of play I know the major difference between a match filled with TC and ones without. The difference is drastic, like two totally different worlds - and I personally prefer the latter. But that doesn't mean I hate TC. It just adds a different element to PvP. To me PvP is like the Olympics. You get a chance to go up against actual players and test your skill instead of training with your coach. But why should a long jumper be forced to do the 200 meter dash? I don't exactly see it as fair. Long jump and the 200 meters are two totally different events, the same way a TC filled match is very different to one without. I am not asking for anything radical like banning a spell from PvP. I am asking for an option. One small, modest, humble option. It shouldn't have a negative effect on any of the players, so why cry out. However if you can point out a negative effect I would certainly love to hear it.

I just want to hear something positive about PvP for once. Instead of the, "Such and such is unfair and bad," I want to hear "PvP has some elements to it that is fun and fair. They actually have options for everyone and do cater to the players."

Is that idealistic? - Yes
Is that unrealistic? - No
This my last post on this topic sent you answer every question

1 everybody going say pvp unfair till they fix the op rating in each class

2 you make some great points and Maybe kl will do this ideal i kinda hoping they do

3 how would the tc thing work in the home i mean would it go by the bigger vote so say you where in 2v2 and 1 voted no and 3 voted yes so would the match be none tc? or would it be tc because 1 didn't want to play none Tc?

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
44
sliver moon wolf on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
This my last post on this topic sent you answer every question

1 everybody going say pvp unfair till they fix the op rating in each class

2 you make some great points and Maybe kl will do this ideal i kinda hoping they do

3 how would the tc thing work in the home i mean would it go by the bigger vote so say you where in 2v2 and 1 voted no and 3 voted yes so would the match be none tc? or would it be tc because 1 didn't want to play none Tc?
Your point number three is a very good question. In terms of conflict in a house match with three selecting a TC match setting and one not, then the match would go to a TC match. I had to really analyze this, because I originally had in mind that if everyone doesn't agree on one setting the match wouldn't start, but there are some really stubborn players out there that would deliberately stall a house match. So thus this is what I deduced:

  • A prompt would appear asking, "Do you want this match to include the use of treasure cards? Yes[ ] No [ ]"
  • If the majority in a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 selects the "yes" box then the match will automatically include treasure cards.
  • If the majority in a 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 selects the "no" box then the match will automatically not allow treasure cards.
  • If the vote is split, i.e. half chooses "yes" and half chooses "no" then a prompt would appear saying, "The match will not be started. Please take the vote again." In this case this would provide the most difficulty. But in reality, if you are inviting friends to your house, they would have already agreed what type of match they want. But in the circumstance that they do not have text chat, new dialogue additions in menu chat might also have to be implemented. Those additions would be, "I am creating a match, do you want the match to include treasure cards?" "I want the match to include treasure cards." "I don't want the match to include treasure cards." "If you do not want the match to have treasure cards do not join." "If you want the match to not have treasure cards please join." Not only will the new dialogue options help with the house PvP match system, but it will also significantly help with the arena match system I suggested, and the ease of discussion will take some of the burden off the option system of house PvP.
Yes, some players who still have tunnel vision will always complain that each school is OP. But hopefully if that happens someone would explain to them that each school has its perks, because most of those who complain are children. You have the option of six wizards and the option of seven schools, it isn't only one character per account. But most of the time they complain so they can win easier. They just want to take away a school's perk so they would be less "annoying" and easier to defeat. It always make me chuckle.

I am also hoping KI implements it. I know it is a lot to take in, but unlike most suggestions it actually benefits all parties.

Will it cause players to leave the game? - No
Will it bring back some players to the arena? - Yes
Will it make players happy? - Yes
Will it get a bad reception? - (judging from this thread) No
Is it something family friendly? - Yes
Will it harm the PvP system? - No

I think PvP was meant to be fun and competitive. But now it doesn't have that "fun" label. I know there are other issues with PvP especially the matching system in rank, but this is probably the easiest thing to tackle first.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
415
Love the ideas but two things strike me as problematic.

1. By making a choice (Which to be clear, I do want!) I have potentially limited the amount of players which are available to be matched with. Which can potentially increase my wait time. Honestly that's not a big problem, I can wait.

2. The current matching system. One of the biggest reasons for me to have TC's in my deck is that if I'm not on one of my maxed wizards I will more then likely as a warlord be matched with someone many levels higher then me. Many lol. It's not impossible, but now having selected 'No TC' my biggest advantage in dealing with someone say 20-50 levels higher then me is gone.

I can see this quelling the merits of TC debates as people who want to will be grouped with people who want to. But at the core of this system there is still a problem and this will just magnify that.

1